Author Topic: beautiful  (Read 43749 times)

halfkast

beautiful
« on: October 31, 2003, 09:33:00 PM »
beautiful presentation.

Very good functionality I'm sure.  :)
Thanks a lot argreich, you da bee!

geezmeister

Thank you!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2003, 08:36:00 AM »
Thank you for your excellent writeup. I have done this with good success and recommend it.

wareami

YIKES!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2003, 08:57:00 AM »
Thanx ahgreich!!!!
Now I have to go and edit a reply.....hehehehehehe!!!!
Great Write UP friend!
Excellence in Action!
---Speedy-Guns-Awe-US
Peace of the reaction

Have FUN-Bee SAFE

Rhodium

Yields
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2003, 09:54:00 AM »
What was your yields from the various preparations? I really like your basing method based on dry mixing together with soda, that's really inventive.

SmelliumII

So Where was Ware
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2003, 11:46:00 AM »
Nice, very nice.  I would like to point out that my pal Ware should have been mentioned in the credits.  It was his diligent research that exposed tetra as a formidable opponent to the denaturants we've been up against.  And yet he & SWISII almost cried when they threw up their hands in disgust as the tetra alone was no match for the name brand 120's not that long ago (OVER 7 YEARS, OF COURSE).

If this simple and easy extraction method gives good yeilds, you'll join Geez, Dwarfinger, VE, and ware (AMONG OTHERS)in the Extraction Afficionado's Hall Of Shame.

ahgreich

under the wide umbrella
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2003, 12:19:00 PM »
ware obviously belongs with the many bees which have been conscientious(sp) journaling. They know who they bee - their rewards far exceed hive laudings:)! VE was mentioned because ahgreich plagiarized the writeup outline format, and geez should be given credit for goading ahgreich into doing the writeup.

ahgreich

yields and boxliness
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2003, 12:26:00 PM »
Rhodium,
unfortunately organization is not one of ahgreich's strongpoints- the method is offered as a starting point for others - suffice it to say that one bee's experience can only be stated as 'excellent yields, yields and ease surpass any xtract method yet tried by ahgreich' : that statement holds true also after utilizing the Straight to E on for size.
boxliness:
the concept of immobilizing or 'neutralizing (in the activity sense)' the unwanted stuff in order to get to the good stuff seems to this bee a problem-solving/thought rearrangement structure that could probably bee applied to other clandestine vexations : it's a figure/ground kinda thing that is easy to miss.

midway

A quick reminder to everyone to be careful...
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2003, 02:19:00 PM »
A quick reminder to everyone to be careful using tetra due to its action as a carcinogen. Just wear gloves and try not to breathe it in.
otherwise, its great!
midway

SHORTY

I first tried this 8 months ago....
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2003, 05:57:00 PM »
I was probably one of the first to try this and it worked fine then and sure it does now but without any source for tetra im at a loss.

Excellent writeup!!!!

I was wondering if you were gonna do one, or a nice fancy one anyways.

ahgreich

Tetraless in ?? (Poughkipsie?)
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2003, 07:10:00 PM »
ahgreich found this way after using up the tiny can of tri-chloroethylene garnered from a large sporting-goods outlet as gun cleaner. The tri did seem to work: ahgreich hasn't looked for tri since tetra is so easy to find. did a couple of xperiments with di-ethyleneglycol with very limitied success and much trepidation and shennanigans to keep the bottom goo from seeping up. Might be worth a shot to saturate PM with di-eglycol, cover with 1/2" of clean sand, and then top with tolly before dh20...conjecture only.
there might also be some opportunity to use the sand as the primary trap for the fb - just put enough tolly to saturate the sand layer, heat, then scrape most of the sand layer off the di-eglycol saturated mass and post-process (perhaps put in solven/fb/sand in filter and run more tolly through it to clear the FB out). opportunities when siezed, multiply.

SHORTY

Not in english
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2003, 07:21:00 PM »
Im sure they have it here but so far i haven't had any luck finding it on the cans that are in english anyways.  I thought i had found it a while back in an electrical cleaner imported from oz but after buying it for a hefty price i found it was not tetra.

wareami

Ware's a humblebee...
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2003, 08:44:00 PM »
and algreich's assessment regarding rewards couldn't bee more exact. Just knowing and working with great minds such as smelliumII and all the Do-Bees is more than Ibee could have ever dreamed of and continues to exceed his wildest expectations!

Ibee has never worked with FB pfed but out of gratitude and respect he plans on recording some specifics regarding yield and other factors as they relate to this right-UP!

Many thanx to all the Do-Bees that continue to strive toward making a difference with the colony's best interest at heart!

Peace of the reaction

Have FUN-Bee SAFE

Scottydog

Yields
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2003, 09:24:00 PM »
Swim usually extracts 4 carafes back to back. Two pulls per carafe.

Each carafe containing 15 boxes of generic 12 hr 120's (20 ct) approx 75-90 gs of Na carbonate and 8 tablespoons of water. Another tablespoon of water is added with fresh toluene for the 2nd pull.

He consistently yields between 88-94 gs each time. (60 boxes) After recrystallization.

Swim believes that PEG follows through into the NP and must bee removed in the end through recrystallization.

The FB is brought to a light boil in a few cm of water, then allowed to come to room temp and then the water is decanted. (This was mentioned in another thread)

This is repeated until the FB/ water no longer appears yellow. 3x works great!

Swim prefers these pills now because pretty much no one else does.

Probably the fastest pseudo extraction method on the-hive!

Thanks again ahgreich!

Why all the torture?  :)

halfkast

>>What was your yields from the various...
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2003, 04:38:00 AM »
>>What was your yields from the various preparations? I really like your basing method based on dry mixing together with soda, that's really inventive.

Thats right Rhodium, the dry mixing of the base and psudo.
The tetra optimises it.

dry mixing does work to some extent without tetra, but there are emulsions and the sudo fb upon evaporation is sticky and messy, this is on the very finest of gakked pills I'm talking about.

ahgreich I shall return to ask a couple of questions if the other bees don't ask them within a week, if your not too much of a celebrity.

pbm777

nice write-up
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2003, 05:12:00 PM »
nice write up and nice clean.
If I am not mistaken you mean pH up which would be sodium carbonate [soda ash]
pH down would most likey bee sodium bisulfate....
I might bee mistaken but I do have a pretty stable pool  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

ahgreich

tomato, tomatoe
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2003, 06:03:00 PM »
it's all one big circle, man! down, up, hey, it's all about the Man keeping us bees down!

Coitus

A-1
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2003, 07:14:00 PM »
I can definately verify this as a good method. I usually wash the red shit off and give it a tolly boil first, then dry completely & procede with this method. Works great but I agree some peg still gets thru. Not too much to manage the final workup.

auntyjack

paracetamol?
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2003, 07:15:00 PM »
they likes their paracetamol in australia!!.....how is this proceedure likely to fare against said molecule??...and about the ph up/down....it reminds me of audio equipment instruction manuals...turn knob fully to left...BANG!!!...must have meant fully to the right...
...have fun...

halfkast

Cold water is a good paracetemol removal tool.
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2003, 10:15:00 PM »
Cold water is a good paracetemol removal tool. I knew this guy who did it once.

ahgreich

cold h20
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2003, 10:24:00 PM »
You are suggesting a final wash with cold h20, not a pill mass wash with it, correct??