Author Topic: H20 in dry RP/I2/E reaction?  (Read 2538 times)

BritneySpears

H20 in dry RP/I2/E reaction?
« on: March 30, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »

gluecifer69

Water for push/pull
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 10:03:00 PM »
If you follow Amalgums's write up it will work and work well.

Let me say that an elder bee experienced in the push/pull advised me that the H2O is 4mL/Oz of E, was indeed the magic #.  I would advise that if swibs is going to attempt a push/pull to scale it up to at least an ounce.  If you do you will thank me.  Remember for a push/pull all of your precursors must be dry as a bone, and pristene.  There is no room for any error. :(   This is why many prefer a long wet reflux over it. :)

Ever thought about making your own condenser?  Search for SHORTY, as his flourescent bulb/air condenser works quite well.

You see these push pull rxns are known as dry rxn's, but a dry reaction will not make any meth product that swim knows of.  So the title is misleading, eh?

geezmeister

buy or make a condenser
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 11:21:00 PM »
Buy, or make, a condenser. There is every reason to do so, and no reason not to do so.

Skip the learning curve that goes with the dry reactions, and avoid wasted precursors, pulled hair, chewed nails, and the frustration borne of failure. Do the long wet reflux.

If what is holding you up is the lack of a condenser, buy one or make one. That is as poor a reason for not doing a long wet reflux as there is. A condenser is anything that cools the exiting vapors enough to make them condense and be returned to the flask. There are designs for home made condensers in the stim formum threads. They work.

Seriously. Take the time to spend a few bucks to buy a condenser. or make one. The money you save by avoiding lost precursors, let alone what you make by increased yields, will pay for the condenser the first time you use it.

Good enough?

kris_1108

Which is easier...
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 12:28:00 AM »
...making a push pull tank or a simple glass condenser?
I say making a condenser would bee easier.
I cant remember who said, "It takes alot longer than 24hrs to have reasonable success from a dry rxn..."
I agree with that. If you want meth, and you want it fast, and you DONT want to have several 'practice' rxns fisrt, just the the solution reflux for 24hrs with a bit of water in the mix. And dont forget the condenser.

Can somebody write-up or point me to a post which details making a ghetto fluoro condenser?

I will try this -
*Remove aluminium ends, and that hard brown shit too
*Place a small phillips screwdriver in the indented part of one end of the end of the tube, and tap the screwdriver with a hammer to smash some of that section out, to release the pressure.
*Wrap a kerosene soaked piece of string about 1/2inch from the ends and set the string alight to force the ends to break off and leave a glass tube
*Fire the ends with a gas torch to strengthen

SHORTY

48" Tube
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 01:04:00 AM »
I use a 48" tube and scratch the end of it with a glass cutter.  I then put the end with the scratch inside a thick towel and tap with a small hammer until it breaks off.  I then scratch the other end and heat with a butane torch until it breaks off.  If the first end is really jagged will cut it off the same way.  I then anneal the edge of the cut to remove the sharp edges and prevent it from cracking.  I then wrap the most jagged end with teflon tape about 1 inch from the end so that it will fit snuggly and create an airtight connection. If the diameter of the flask is alot bigger than the the tube i use a piece of plastic tubing that fits snuggly to the tube and cover it with teflon tape.

callen

Another Home Made Condensor...
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 03:08:00 AM »
C'mon...you guys.This goes in the Chem & Acquisition Dept.I will post a post describeing a series of 'condenser's that I built from various glass tubing, and cardboard and epoxy glue. But not here...this is not the place...get out your Dremel tool...you'll need it...see you there. :)

SHORTY

The description i provided was for a quick
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »
Glass, air-cooled condenser which can bee made and ready to use in less than 10 minute and works great for my hypo rxns.  An even easier and faster solution would bee plastic tubing.  I hate messin with that epoxy shit cause i always end up making a mess and i don't have a dremel tool.  If i was going to acquire all the stuff like that and then the time it would take to do it i would just buy a real one. 

I have a real one but find it is unnecesary for my rxns and therefore use it for steam distilling only.