The Hive > Serious Chemistry

Hydrogenolysis of Phenylalaninol.....

<< < (6/7) > >>

java:
Mining the web and following up leads in related articles , I came upon a couple of studies dealing with the reduction of arene aliphatic alcohols, checked the archives and found no listings on the HIve and so I present them here now for discussion.......java

Chlorotrimethylsilane/SodiumIodide/Zinc as a Simple and Convenient Reducing System:One pot Deoxygenation of Alcohols and ethers

Tsuoshi Morita, Yoshiki Okamoto, Hiroshi sakurai
Synthesis 32, 1981

Note: with this method both primary and secondary alcohols are reduced to hydrocarbons

--- End quote ---

Synthetic Method and Reactions;47. AlCl/Pd-Catalyzed Reduction of Aryl Substituded Alcohols and Olefins by Hydrogen Transfer from Cyclohexene

George A. Olah ; G.K. Surya Prakash

Synthesis 397, 1978

Note: with this method it seems only benzylic alcohols are reduced, might be a good way to reduce Pseudo-ephedrine......

Edited.....by java

nightshade:
Fermenting phenylalanine in a bio brew like that producing L-Pac will will produce phenylalaniol, which can be extracted with a non polar solvent then reduced by electrochemical reaction to amphetamine is this correct?

java:
nightshade....  do you have some references for that?..........I myself not familiar with the way you've outlioned the procedure.....java

indole_amine:

nightshade:
Post 9775,Post 10417

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version