Author Topic: LSD Chemist William Leonard Pickard to be Released From Prison  (Read 47981 times)

Offline spice

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • Investigate it
Re: LSD Chemist William Leonard Pickard to be Released From Prison
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2021, 01:56:52 PM »
What he said^

One quick addendum, I believe that many of these guys are turned for life when it happens. It's not just a to get out of jail almost free card. When the feds turn these big fish, that's a wrap, they are property.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 02:04:38 PM by spice »
Real bees just hear the buzzing and it doesn´t ever stop. Ever.

Offline jacolives

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2021, 02:48:19 PM »
This is built into the way they are sentenced!!  For example, one can go to the joint, proffer some information, get resentenced then they find out some of the information given was false and get resentenced again ALL ON THE SAME CASE.

People get let out early all the time just on their word they will do something or could possibly give information on something else.  One guy I know got let out to set people up he didn’t even know, based on information he got from another inmate even.
quisieron enterrarnos, sin saber que eramos semilla

Offline solipsist1212

• Larvae
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2021, 08:13:58 PM »
Just read up on Pickard and also Nicholas Sands, and was struck by their totally different punishments for essentially the same crime. Pickard gets a double life sentence (out in 20 yrs but only bc of the pandemic) for LSD manufacturing, while Sands gets 14 yrs and is out in 3! And it was his third or fourth time getting caught and had fled on bail to another country! Anyone have ideas why Sands got such a comparative slap on the wrist?

Because Canada. Nicholas Sands was arrested in British Columbia where sentences are more lenient. Pickard was arrested in the US (Kansas) which is comparatively a lot harsher

Offline jacolives

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2021, 09:43:28 PM »
Was he not extradited to the United States ??

Offline thewire

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2021, 11:40:59 AM »
Was he not extradited to the United States ??

He was.
Code: [Select]
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nicholas-sand-outlaw-lsd-producer-fled-to-british-columbia/article35081834/
In 1996, police raided Mr. Sand's lab in Port Coquitlam, B.C., which was producing LSD and other drugs. He was arrested and extradited to the United States.

Mr. Sand was imprisoned for three years and sentenced to a halfway house for four more. Returning home unapologetic, he told National Geographic in 2009 that he'd produced an estimated 140 million hits of LSD in his lifetime. It was a claim no one disputed.

Offline Beep

• Larvae
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2021, 11:55:19 AM »
Yeah its good for him.

But somehow I am repelled by this guy, mostly because of the strange people he surrounded himself with, and then he wrote that weird esoteric book too?

ye ive been listening to it on archive.org

you got that one down for sure carl weird and very esoteric.

I find it amazing that the man who made the most ego destroying compound on the planet could write a book that makes out
that he has some kind of special power or connection.

truly egotistical.

and how is it one of the six chemists spills 10,000 hits on himself in a solvent that is meant to accelerate uptake through the skin and then
tells everyone that he was sober through it.

haven't finished listening to it but I don't need any more airy fairy shit in my head its wacked out enough.
bullshit if you ask me.

way to much god this jesus that too.

seriously though why can't some one go black with this shit and do a satanic cult that eats peoples souls while every one is tripping.

kind of like indiana jones and the temple of doom style.

everyone is just not that creative with there peace and mung beans shit.

read one trippers book and you have read them all (with exception of the one that counts my love child)

I guess thats what comes from sticking fluorescent paint in your head

Mind telling me where one could listen to said material? I struggle read such mumbo jumbo so to speak, I'm sure I would get a kick out of listening to it.

Bye have a beautiful time o/

Offline TangerineDream

• Welfare Trash
  • Dominant Wasp
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2022, 08:56:14 PM »

the ONLY WAY you can even be ELIGIBLE for a downward departure from the sentencing guidelines is through telling on other people...
...This is all in reference to the FEDERAL court system.  If he was prosecutes by the state it would depend entirely on that states laws...

Older post, but wanted to chime in that from my somewhat limited experience, and 100% accuracy thus far (sans the sole occasion that internal bias of judges and perceived attack from all sides obfuscated the truth) with independent, mostly quid-pro-quo (though typically more quid than quo) private investigation into the questionably-innocent and those relevant individuals with suspicious deferments that this also applies at the state level for the small handful of territories that I've exercised this hobby in.

...downward departures..

Havent heard that one, but can't help but to associate it with one of the trustworthy signals of a person's suddenly being inflicted with flapjaw:
Any tense of the word "Defer" in the appropriate documents and context relevant to this topic is worthy of a raised eyebrow; though YMMV.

Also, forgive the compulsion to exercise the ol' creative-writing muscles, weird headspace today.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 08:59:09 PM by TangerineDream »
It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it.

Offline jacolives

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2022, 09:36:24 PM »
The phrase “downward departure” is pulled from legal jargon, it is short for “downward departure from the sentencing guidelines”.  In the Feds (and in some states), sentences are determined by this grid called the sentencing guidelines.  The rows on the left show the charges, the columns on the right at the top show score/points/whatever.  0 points would be someone with no felonies in the last 10 - 15 years (depending on jurisdiction).  Each additional column is for 1, then 2, and so on.  Usually it maxes out at 6 - 8 (depending on jursisdiction).  The “presumptive sentence” is usually a range.  So let’s say for 0 points the presumptive sentence is 115 - 125 months - this slight difference is at discretion of the judge.  A downward departure from the sentencing guidelines gives the judge the POWER - which implies they don’t have the power to do this without said downward departure - to give a lesser sentence.

As I believe I previously stated, downward departures are granted only in specific situations as defined in the LEGISLATURE.  The ONLY ways provided for this in the legislature are called a 5K and Rule 35.

A 5K ‘letter’ is a motion the prosecution files BEFORE sentencing, that IF granted - gives the judge the POSSIBILITY of giving you a downward departure.  Note that the PROSECUTOR files this, not your DEFENSE attorney.  You get one of these by ‘cooperating’ with the prosecution - which translates to - gave information to other people related to the case.  This could be as simple as giving information about a co-defendant, or could even be about people not currently charged on the case. “I got the Ergotamine Tartrate from Joe in Sausalito.”

Rule 35, gives the judge the ability to RESENTENCE you if it is granted within a year of your sentencing.

A common way this plays out is like follows:
You get busted for something.  The prosecution says “I will file the 5K, if you debrief to these DEA agents.”  The agents basically say “tell us anything and everything you know and IF we can use it to bust someone, we will call you in to testify and you can get resentenced”.  So you spill the beans, while still in detention a year or two later the other guy gets busted - you testify on him and get your sentence reduced.”

A judge might give you a downward departure for the 5K information, and then later give you more for later testimony at a trial, or if the information busts someone else down the line.

These scenarios are VERY common.

There are some additional rules and policies that are pretty scary as well.  Guys are let out - and suddenly back in the mix making moves within days or weeks.  Why is this suspicious?  Because when you get out of the Feds your first stop is a Federal halfway house.  While there you are under the highest level of supervision the BOP has.  You have to be accountable to where you are at all times of the day, have a curfew, show proof you are out looking for a job, etc etc.

Something to keep in mind in the age of COVID - people are getting let out because of this.  When they get out they are on similar conditions but are at a residence.  They are on house arrest except for work, AA or NA meetings, maybe church once a week and a couple hours to shop once a week.  They are wearing an ankle bracelet even.  If you run into one of your buddies that has been locked up for 5 years, and he says “they let me out cause of COVID” and he’s telling you this someplace other than what I just listed - guess what, they let him out to set people up, or be a “pay to play” informant.