Author Topic: Bye OXY  (Read 3252 times)

Offline hamsterbob

• Subordinate Wasp
Bye OXY
« on: October 22, 2020, 09:56:41 AM »
Purdue Pharma, the maker of OxyContin, has agreed to plead guilty to three federal criminal charges for its role in creating the nation's opioid crisis and will pay more than $8 billion and close down the company.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/21/business/purdue-pharma-guilty-plea/index.html

Online Sawdust and Honey

• Founding Wasp
Re: Bye OXY
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 10:02:43 AM »
Politics aside, maybe that's for the better? Such addictive opioids is something I frown upon - maybe contrary to the general philosophy of drug-interested chemists.
End of the road. Nothing to do, no hope of things getting better.
Sounds like Saturday night at my house.

Offline arkoma

• Subordinate Wasp
  • TANSTAAFL
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 01:10:35 PM »
It's one thing buying Heroin, for example, from the streets. There is damn sure no implied "fitness/quality control, known strength".

Purdue aggressively marketed Oxy's, and outright stated that they not addictive more than 1% of the time, if taken under Dr, supervision.  They KNEW they were lying.

Really glad I just plain don't care for opiates, unless I am really hurting.
"We seek infinite addiction potential... if you can put it down, its not strong enough!" Tramp RIP

Offline stoichiometric_steve

• Drill Sergeant and seasoned Tearer of Additional Assholes
  • Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 08:34:40 PM »
They won't close down, the company will be sold to make up for the money needed to pay the fines (because the Sacklers withdrew 10 Billion $ in anticipation of the lawsuit) and they will still make Oxycontin.
Always remember to be respectful to your peers by spell checking, using proper terminology, being precise with your inquiries and giving as much information as possible.

Showing that you've done some research yourself will encourage others to join in and help you.

Requests for spoonfeeding will... well, you'll see.

Offline Kaiser Soze

• Larvae
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 08:37:26 PM »
Yeah, Sacklers bought their way out of this fiasco.  Thank God Trump has drained the swamp!

Offline Corrosive Joeseph

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 08:40:03 PM »

.... the plan to create a government-controlled company out of the assets of Purdue Pharma, arguing that the government should not be in the business of selling OxyContin.

/CJ
Being well adjusted to a sick society is no measure of one's mental health

Offline maker

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 07:37:10 PM »
Oxy will never go away, at least during our lifetimes.

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • circular pastry filled with hazelnut crime
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 08:25:17 PM »
Oxy will never go away, at least during our lifetimes.
Oxycodone is likely already longer on this rock than us, considering its presence in the nectar of a certain orchid species, and maybe will still be here after we're already gone: https://www.thevespiary.org/talk/index.php?topic=15065.msg54168541#msg54168541
But first it was "invented" by humans, yet little did we know that a plant was once again the first, not us, at this :D
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information
Real bees just hear the buzzing and it doesn´t ever stop. Ever.