Author Topic: Phenylethanolamine  (Read 4069 times)

25dimeo

Phenylethanolamine
« on: November 07, 2003, 01:54:00 AM »
I was wondering if anyone knew of a few good ways to make Phenylethanolamine CAS (7568-93-6)?  When I UTFSE, I did not come up with very much useful, same for google.

Vitus_Verdegast

UTFSE
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 04:14:00 AM »
Look for eg. a PPA/norephedrine synth, Bandil has posted much on the subject in the past. Substitute the correct molar equivalent of MeNO2 for EtNO2

Ph-CHO + CH3NO2 --NaOH--> Ph-CH(OH)-CH2NO2  --Zn/AcOH--> Ph-CH(OH)-CH2NH2

Lucid_Dreamer

I beleive he is talking about a completly...
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 04:45:00 AM »
I beleive he is talking about a completly diferrent compound than PPA, he is talking about PEA, There were 10 hits on Rhodiums site for Phenylethanolamine, and I beleive there is extensive information in PiHKAL. Rhodiums link is located at the bottom of every screen on the Hive and PiHKAL when typed in Rhodium's search engine turns up links to the online book and many write-ups. Can you translate all that chemical eqatuion mumbo jumbo, Vitus? Or is that just the two step nore(pseudo)ephedrine synth from bitter almond extract, nitroethane, zinc dust and sulfuric acid?

25dimeo

Occured to me
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2003, 06:49:00 AM »
Well I thought about benzaldehyde and nitromethane, but was unsure about exactly how to do so since 25dimeobenz.. and nitromethane does not make the subsituted Phenylethanolamine it makes the Phenethlyamine at least as to what I have read in Pihkal.  And Pihkal does have a synth for a subsituted version of what I wanted however I was trying to avoid the use of LAH that is so often used in his book.  There was a time I had this information and it was lost due to computer problems now I am trying to get it all back again.  :P  But yes I was planing on starting from Benzaldehyde.  Maybe now is not a good time to try to explain this as it is late and I have consumed quite a fair amount of alcohol.  I will reply tommorrow at lunch when I can be more clear.  Thanks for the help and replys though... I was honestly expecting much more flaming about UTFSE then what I got (But I did try trust me...type it in google and see what ya get).  ;)

Lucid_Dreamer

I don't think this guy even knows what he...
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 06:54:00 AM »
I don't think this guy even knows what he wants Vitus. ~Talks in loud voice as if to a forigner~ Do you want norepehedrine or PEA???

java

Re: "Phenylethanolamine"
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2003, 07:14:00 AM »
You might look at  decarboxylation of Phenylalanine to get you closer to your desired goal.......java

Post 370959

(Chromic: "Trp decarboxylation", Tryptamine Chemistry)

Ref:

Z.Phys.Chem. 1975, 256(6):880-4

roger2003

CAS 7568-93-6
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2003, 10:30:00 AM »
CAS Registry Number:  7568-93-6
CAS Name:  a-(Aminomethyl)benzenemethanol
Additional Names:  a-(aminomethyl)benzyl alcohol;  b-hydroxyphenethylamine
Molecular Formula:  C8H11NO
Molecular Weight:  137.18. 
Percent Composition:  C 70.04%, H 8.08%, N 10.21%, O 11.66%
Literature References:  Prepn:  Dornow, Theidel, Ber. 88, 1267 (1955).
Properties:  Pale yellow crystals, mp 56-57°.  bp17 157-160°.  Freely sol in water.  Gives an alkaline reaction in water and forms salts with acids under mild conditions.
Melting point:  mp 56-57°
Boiling point:  bp17 157-160°

25dimeo

Thanks Roger2003
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2003, 07:17:00 PM »
This is what I am looking for, which is why I gave a CAS number. a-(Aminomethyl)benzenemethanol  Thank you for helping clarifiy that Roger2003.

Lucid
I don't think this guy even knows what he wants Vitus. ~Talks in loud voice as if to a forigner~ Do you want norepehedrine or PEA???

Look at the CAS # next time and you might know what your talking about, no offence.

Java
You might look at  decarboxylation of Phenylalanine to get you closer to your desired goal.......java

As far as I knew this gives plain phenethyamine CAS #64-04-0 , but I would love to be wrong.  :P

Anyway all I was interested in was a few way of synth. this.

Lucid_Dreamer

"Well I thought about benzaldehyde and...
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2003, 07:27:00 PM »
"Well I thought about benzaldehyde and nitromethane, but was unsure about exactly how to do so since 25dimeobenz.. and nitromethane does not make the subsituted Phenylethanolamine it makes the Phenethlyamine at least as to what I have read in Pihkal. "

This gives PPA, not phenethylamine, admit it you never read PiHKAL, maybe you should learn how to spell your substances before posting a question, a question that could be answered by UTFSE!!!!

All you have to do is type in that substance name in TFSE and BOOM magical synths appear, you obviously don't know what your talking about since you doin't even know how to UTFSE!!!!

25dimeo

nevermind
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2003, 11:34:00 PM »
Since you are no help at all I will not waste any more of my time or space on the hive with replys (at least to you) after this.  Type phenylethanolamine into the search engine then come back and tell me what you found.  As for me not using TFSE I have been lurking and using TFSE for a few years on here.  My only question is did you even try it before replying? Oh and it is spelled right, don't belive then buy a Merck, then learn to read, then learn how to comprehend, then take anger managment, then you can come back and show all of us how far you have came.  Otherwise I suggest you quit breathing as you are wasting oxygen that could be used more effectivly in a synth.  :o  

/end pissing contest

Lucid_Dreamer

You are an ass. here are the results of my...
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2003, 11:53:00 PM »
You are an ass.
here are the results of my search, a few good synths, and 1 big jerk (you)
I want a full appology

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/pdf/hartung.aminoalcohols-01.pdf

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/znhg.alhg.reductions.txt

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/zn-ni.couple.html

There not as straight forward as you might like, but you are a big smart ass, so you figure it out, and kiss it, my ass that is.