Author Topic: Is Iodine Scrub stronger then Iodine Tincture?  (Read 3347 times)

dirtybird

Is Iodine Scrub stronger then Iodine Tincture?
« on: June 05, 2004, 05:06:00 PM »
The reason why I ask if Iodine Scrub is stronger then Iodine Tincture is because I went to a Horse feed and supply store and they told me that Iodine Scrub is the exact same thing but just a stronger version of it? Since I am a newbee to this I just wanted to confirm that, as well as making sure the Iodine Scrub will also work?

embezzler

depends
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 05:13:00 PM »
you will need to read the label to see what else is in the mix , I suspect you will have the usual nasties as in tincture but just higher conc. of them + i2.

wareami

Scrub a dub dub...
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »
Usually the term scrub is used to describe povidone iodine or an iodine scrub soap.
Ibee would stick with the tinc!

dirtybird

The Ingredients are as followed:
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 08:01:00 PM »
The Ingredients on the bottle are as followed: Providone Iodine Scrub is equivalent to 0.75% Titratable Iodine.
That is all it says on the bottle. The 1 gallon container is 20.50 so that is a lot better then the 2.00 for 1 oz. Thanks for your help on this. This site is the shit!

embezzler

I am surprised this post is still here
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »
if you want help you will have to put some work in yourself.delete the brand name from the last post.you got you answer from wareami

gluecifer69

A link for povidone Iodine extraction
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 08:40:00 PM »

Post 501405 (missing)

(navarone: "Finally! Povidone-iodine extraction!", Stimulants)
  As you can see the process for extraction of povidone deals with sublimation in order to get pure product. Povidone Iodine is  more trouble than it is worth, the $2.00/oz is most likely the best bet, for now.  Keep looking, there are better sources.

When shopping in these feed stores sometimes as you noted in your experience the clerks will try to offer a substitue, don't let them make you buy another product, assert yourself.  On the other hand, if one gets a particurly bad vibe, then sometimes it is best to shop another time and or place.

embezzler

apology to dirty bird
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 08:44:00 PM »
i misread the last line of your post, i missed the word the before "the" shit.

having a gallon may be suspicious if you get searched though

dirtybird

Is my last reply now correct?
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 09:59:00 PM »
Or should I delete the whole thing? I am sorry for my mistake.

embezzler

seems spot on mate
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2004, 10:14:00 PM »
brand names cause nothing but trouble.

dirtybird

Understood!
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2004, 10:57:00 PM »
I completely understand and I do apologize!