Author Topic: Step by Step for today's 120's  (Read 8345 times)

Red_Crown

That is
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »
That is one goddamn excellent write-up. Well edited.

Now if there was only some way to make it less a pain in the ass..

geezmeister

great editing job!
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »
Great job on the edit. Thanks for the comments section. Helps more than you think. I don't know and don't care where you are, but I caught the front end of a new release of 120's. Others are catching the newer versions now. Keep us updated on how this method works as they find their way to the market.

I'm too limited in my ability to buy any pills to take a shot at this method right away... if I had the pills, I'd be trying it this afternoon!

weaz1dls

Update
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2004, 10:58:00 PM »
SWIW's friend is currently finishing up step H of the process and will provide comments and notes later. 

This process can be overwhelming if not familiar with the visuals or the "why" of each step.

Though SWIW's friend's house reaks of cat piss and sulfur he is grinning from ear to ear admiring the 6+ grams so far.

Since the procedure was not followed exactly the results suffered.  This is excelent for feedback and comparison.

Preliminary Notes:

step A:

The pills were mixed of 2 lot numbers.  Expirations were 12/6 and 1/7.
When ISO was added an aditional portion was initially required due to swelling. The extra portions were deducted from the additions that would follow.
Before the second filtration, in step A, a precipitate was noted and filtered off.
The heated bursts in his microwave were done in 12-15 seconds.

Step B:
The ISO was reduced down and went beyond the skinning point. The result was a yellow oatmealish mix that thickened as it cooled.
Additional ISO was added to the dish to wash the clinging crstals and wash then into the carafe.

Step C:

NaOH and more iso were added to the carafe and swirled.
after the addition of naphtha the mix was heated and boiled for a few minutes.

Step D:

Rather than allow the naphtha layer to seperate and then decant, the impatient Bee added portions of water here.
The result was a rumble boil with each splash along with the clearing of the naphtha. The carafe was returned to the microwave and boiled until the mix took on a yellow color.  Upon settling the naphtha layer was a deep yellow color and the lower layer still had a fluid look to it.

Step E:

Our next deviation occurs here where the Clever little Bee swears by the iodized salt.  SWIW's friend thinks maybe the iodine is what the gack is looking for and will release the pseudo...  Anyway the naphtha solution was mixed with the iodized salt and stirred as a 1ml addition of hot water was added. The naphtha was decanted leaving behind the water and salt. this was repeated the poured through a Charmin square not packed but placed in the funnel and prewet with naphtha.

Step F:

Carafe was placed in a Self heating pot to provide a water bath.
When a vapor could be seen rising from the naphtha, it was removed from heat and transfered to the baking dish.
The precipitate that formed while blowdrying was filtered and resembled freebase pseudo.  As such it was returned to the mix and reheated.  After driving off more of the naphtha and ISO.........

more to come  :)

ChemoSabe

Sent a copy of this swim's direction and he...
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2004, 12:28:00 AM »
Sent a copy of this swim's direction and he gave it a good quick skim.

Since he had forced himself to mechanically read the older verion a few times whether he got it or not he sais that this version was way easier on his "reading nerve" than the 1st edition.

he says he'll soon read it in excruciating detail and send back comments.

weaz1dls

Continued:
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2004, 10:23:00 AM »
Step G:

Here SWIW encouraged the Bee to gas and see the results.  A lack of damp rid was the deciding factor.  The Bee used iodized salt here and began to form the hcl salt. 
BUT WAIT WHAT"S THIS? 
They are disappearing!  Adding way too much acetone in combination with the moisture from the muratic can cause this.  BTW, this was not an issue until "wet" iso was used for the original pull in step A.
SWIW suggested that the mix be shaken WELL then placed in the microwave to precipitate the pseudo.  The trick here is to allow all but the naphtha to boil away.  The dish will get very hot and the pseudo will seem as if it is mixed with sugar.  Break it all free and filter hot through a cotton plug.  Rinse well with acetone immediately.  Set aside to dry.

Step H:

Again, he did his own thing here.  He did not use the cotton topped Charmin, nor did he introduce naphtha at the right time.  The result was however clean and radiated like pearls.  It burned with a trace of sulfur on glass.  SWIW noted a hint of that petroleum taste from gack.  Hmm, we shall see!

Total from 5 box 20ct 120's was 6.78 grams

SWIW's friend is a bit more patient and did a short moist reflux.  Cooked for 4.5 hrs. 
The familiar purple to orange color was present when based.  SWIW believes this to be orange GACK The Bee says it is iodine. ;D  That explains allot!
Not sure the total yield just yet.  First set of rocks from H20/Acetone were worth the effort.  2.7 on this run.  If he does like SWIW suggests he may end up with about 4.6grams of beautiful rocks.  Now SWIW awaits his comments and notes. 8)

UncleFester

oozing gak sap
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2004, 08:26:00 PM »
I saw the same thing in my pill wrecking experiment, but took it as melting acacia or other polymeric gak added. This was while evaporating a tolene pre-soak. I just tossed the mass in the blender with the alcohol and spun away. I don't think this melting crap is the crown jewels.

weaz1dls

HUGE NOTE
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2004, 01:42:00 AM »
It seems SWIW left out a part of the procedure...

STEP C:

after 3.
      3a. The ISo-NaOH-pill mass solution is boiled in the microwave with swirling for 20 to 30 minutes.  The power is set to low. That means the microwave cycles radiation 3 seconds for every 30 seconds it runs. This keeps it at a mild but steady boil.  Remember you can place a bowl/cup of water in the microwave to aid in fine tuning. Keep in mind that the microwave heats diferently than conventional heating methods. Also, without some sort of condencer setup the mix will dryout and the iso will releive you of some of your pseudo.

Sorry for the oversight.

Shane_Warne

'I saw the same thing in my pill wrecking...
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2004, 09:36:00 AM »
'I saw the same thing in my pill wrecking experiment, but took it as melting acacia or other polymeric gak added. This was while evaporating a tolene pre-soak. I just tossed the mass in the blender with the alcohol and spun away. I don't think this melting crap is the crown jewels. '

Yeah I think your right about the acacia. It is really sap then.
I only mentioned the sap as a pill ID marker, but it's useless because many varieties contain gum acacia. oh well.

warf1

HUGE NOTE!!!
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2004, 02:13:00 AM »
"It seems SWIW left out a part of the procedure..."
After reading weaz1dls post about the missing step SWIW1 was filled w/mixed emotions. Having dreampt of fucking up two attempts at this procedure, resulting in hours of futility, wasting 200 pills and copius amounts of chemicals,
SWIW1 is relieved to find he is not the fucking incompetant moron he was beging to think he was! However, after the initial wave of relief past, SWIW1 was just a little upset recalling the nightmare. But WTF. No harm, no foul. SWIW1 is willing to dream of this procedure one more time. As long as there are no more missing steps! Would like to know if any other bees have used this procedure. Please post results.

MnkyBoy78

Geez...Quit your bitchen!
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2004, 02:39:00 AM »
Geez...Quit your bitchen!  Just screwing with ya Geez.

Weas...SWIM use to play with and swear by those 120 pearls.  Then when the only ones that would return anything usable were selling 10 cnt for 7.25 SWIM said piss on that.  SWIM also found out that a mojority of the binders and Gakk was activated when basified.

Good work though.

MnkyBoy78

Cold Tone to Split the Pearls
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2004, 02:54:00 AM »
Ages ago SWIM found out and posted here that if one takes a metal strainer, places the 120 pearls in to the strainer, places the strainer in a bowl, then pours COLD - DRY ACETONE over the pills until the pills are covered and left to sit for a minute, they crack wide open.  The strainer is then swished around in the bowl to premote the fine powdery insides to fall to the bottom of the bowl leaving the husks in the strainer.

This has the benifit of not activating the hydroscopic gaaks.

weaz1dls

FUCK
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2004, 11:22:00 AM »
SWIW is not sure if it was the dry iso or the new pills.  Had a nightmare lastnight.  Unwilling to waste more $$.  Will run as posted with new pills soon.  Beware and do not put all eggs in one basket.  The freebased crystals that formed in a dish that had been used during the procedure  formed 2 dif kinds.  Needles and what looked like tiny wet feathers. 

!@#$%^)**&%$#&%$@^$# >:(

Molasas huh?

"dusts off webs from research folder" ;D

Almost 10 years of this pill B.S. and this Bee is tired of fucking with pill contaminants.

UncleFester

old movie favorites
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2004, 03:37:00 AM »
Did you ever see that classic  "Destroy All Monsters"? On this page it should be "Destroy All Polymers"...and then clean up the mess afterwards.

weaz1dls

True
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2004, 10:56:00 AM »
Damndist thing is a semi decent product can be had rather quickly.  This boggles the mind but here goes.  Disolved the 120's in dry iso (sadist!) NO HEATING, added rock salt about 1/4 pill mass after they had broken into powder.  Added naphtha. (WHAT?) shook well.  Let settle some.  Poured into a filter setup with unpacked cotton + rocksalt + prewet with naphtha. (look ma no clogs).  Heated filtrate in micro, when cloudiness apeared poured in twice volume more naphtha and continued to heat.  Flitered into a new clean funnel with unpacked cotton.  Gravity filter off naphtha solution then pour in about 1 1/2 cup acetone.  Swirl around and the volume of the powder begins to decrease. Vac applied.  Let the crystals dry then place over Charmin plug dry.  Pour in small portions of water and pull.  First and third water pull resulted in beautiful wheels.  Second or middle pull however contained the geometric formations.  Likewise it had a plastic taste when smoked where the first and 3rd did not.  Further cleaning or a LWR would be needed. Curiousity killed the cat.... this can't be this easy...glutton for punishment here we go ... with the 2nd pull added ... hot dry n fast gives that stuborn ass oil reaction that has to be heated to mars (mark here) or mixed with another .75 rp added by a little DH20 then coax it into a boil followed by a bit more I2 and more water, top with restrickted access condencer and crank it up to a hard boil very wet at this point. After about 30-45 min clears up  a bit and I2 releases into condencer.  Smidgen of aluminum cracks the oily bitch from the rp.  If steps after "Mark here" are not caried out then a failed or incomplete reaction results.  Been a while since these last steps had to be incorporated.  Hate the workup of aluminum mess!  Though the yeild held at it's usual for this slopy stoogefest the potency for such a sloppy pill pull was nothin to write home about but well obviously it worked!  This is so confusing.

Signed,
    Addicted to pill procedures! :P

weaz1dls

Funny thing
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »
Uncle,
First peice of "Cook" literature introduced to SWIW oh about 9 years ago was a blue paperback.  Til then followed the rants of a few old goats who didn't like change to much nor did they want anything to do with pills. Of course SWIW disagreed with ya on a few things there Uncle, SWIW was intrigued and lets just say it was the carrot that lured.  The old goats were soon semi impressed wich delited SWIW because after all they were still at it and up in age, so they were doing something right. (?)  Anyway soon after came the first pill fucks and many a financial quakes. Anyway through it all SWIW has both cussed ya for lack of detail or confusing procedures.  But ya know takes one to know one. Swiw sure is no chemist but firmly believes now with these new gacks that..

The more I think I know, The more I know I don't.

gluecifer69

Gettin the push/pull right
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2004, 04:11:00 PM »

hot dry n fast gives that stuborn ass oil reaction that has to be heated to mars (mark here) or mixed with another .75 rp added by a little DH20 then coax it into a boil followed by a bit more I2 and more water, top with restrickted access condencer and crank it up to a hard boil very wet at this point. After about 30-45 min clears up  a bit and I2 releases into condencer.

Come on man, either do the push/pull right, or opt for the LWR.  A condenser is not needed in a proper push/pull setup, however it is the heart of a reflux. If you want to master the push/pull read up on posts by Jacked and Worlock. 

Of course you could just skip all the b.s. and reflux that stuff for 24hrs for the same product every time. What is the big rush.  Hell, you could adjust water ratios and shoot for a 12 hr. reflux, if time is the problem.

With as much time as swiw has put into his/her pill extraction techniques, a better reaction method (i.e. LWR), would certainly up your yeild and purity of product.

weaz1dls

Agreed
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2004, 08:55:00 PM »
The LWR would be best.  However the above mix n match procedure was to get some results from an obviously contaminated run.  SWIW has been known to experiment while cleaning up the previous botched pill tweak, refusing to give in and accepting low yeilds.  When the I2 is unable to dance with the rp or the ratio is off adjustments can be made as SWIW is sure you are aware here. Taking it from a lifeless dry fast to a Hot wet short. Yes there is a drop in yeild just a bit compared to the LWR and no usually it is not Space dope with enough moisture added. As long as there exists the moisture the reaction temp stays steady ( ha ha steady...not your usual tiny bubles here...SWIW cranks it max) unless you go way out there with the temp.  Same principle as the temp reading of a fractional distil.  If all the fractions were kept in the flask the temp would steady out.... Why am I going on here...You obviously know all this.   Sorry and thankyou for the observation. Just stuborn I guess!

holeman

SWIW is not sure if it was the dry iso or the new
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2004, 10:55:00 PM »
It probably was the "dry"ISO. The crystals you described sound like magnesium sulfate. If you used MgSO4 as a drying agent for your ISO. You may have rushed the drying procedure. Break down some MgSO4 in water and recrystallize,and compare them to what you had. I quit drying solvents several years ago because of that very reason. I may get lower yields now, but then again , maybe my yields were higher before only because I had extra weight from the added MgSO4.