Author Topic: Ethyl Chloride  (Read 3963 times)

timsong

Ethyl Chloride
« on: December 11, 2001, 01:29:00 AM »
After researching the synth of sulphonal, I looked into the availability of ethyl chloride for the making of ethyl mercaptan. This was what I found :

Ethyl Chloride spray - Available at all good piercing supplies (used to cool the area of piercing to numbness)

Snatch_Snacker

Re: Ethyl Chloride
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2001, 01:39:00 AM »
Also available at your lower scale, sleazy, ADULT bookstores and Arcades.  Used similiar to poppers for the ultimate in sexual sleeze action.  Similiar to nitrous or crack cocaine.  Spray into cloth and deeply inhale vapors for a nasty sexual rush.  Fun stuff,  used to be used as anesthia(sp???)

No crack, just for this minute, this hour, this day!

timsong

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2001, 01:43:00 AM »
Ohh, I've never seen it in any UK sex shops, or mail order places that sell poppers.
Are you talking about the US ?

I can just imagine some sex crazed individual straying it on his bollocks, after not reading the label, OWCH !!!

timsong

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2001, 01:46:00 AM »
sorry: (spraying it on his bollocks).

When I heard that it had been used as an anesthetic, I though use was made of its cooling effect, I did not know it was used by inhalation.

PrimoPyro

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2001, 02:06:00 AM »
Shit, couldnt this be used with alkalai nitrite to make nitroethane!?

PrimoPyro

Vivent Longtemps la Ruche! STRIKE For President!

timsong

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2001, 02:24:00 AM »
My organic chemistry book does say that aliphatic nitro compounds are prepared from alkali metal nitrites and alkyl halides.

Help me out here, are aliphatic nitro compounds the same as nitro-paraffins ? Or have I lost the plot

PrimoPyro

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2001, 02:27:00 AM »
They are the same.

timsong

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2001, 02:34:00 AM »
Great, we can kill two birds with one stone, next time we visit the sex shop.

Ethyl Chloride,
And Amyl Nitrite to prepare the Alkali Nitrite from.

Sexy Nitroethane !!!!

Or maybe three birds, if the wife gets a sniff !!

PrimoPyro

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2001, 02:56:00 AM »
I would rather decompose potassium or sodium nitrate to get the nitrite. It's more economically feasable that way.

I think you could only get enough nitroethane with this 'source' for a nano reaction at best. Unless of course you drive all over town and visit several sex shops and buy lots from each, spending lots of money in the process.

The EtOH + HCl + NaNO2 --> EtNO2 + H2O + NaCl route is the best IMO. But I could be wrong, as Ive never done it.

I was just curious about this for maybe buying EtCl in larger quantities, instead of using the aforementioned synthesis.

PrimoPyro

P.S. plus there's nothing wrong with nano acquisition if you are doing a nano. If this is all you need, then go for it.

Snatch_Snacker

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2001, 03:10:00 AM »
You can buy in US in 16oz spray cans like hairspray. Don't know how much you need though!  I think med use here is still for skin cooling effects only.  But not the boys I know.

Osmium

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2001, 04:46:00 AM »
OH SHIT!

Listen bees, MANY chemicals were used as medications in earlier times when the people didn't know what they were doing. They took elemental Hg against constipation, acetyl morphine as a safe cough medication and shit like that.  Inhaling halogen alkanes like this one definitely isn't a healthy thing to do, if your liver could bitch it would do so for a whole damn week! Also alkylating agents like dimethylsulfate and yes, probably even ethyl chloride might cause cancer.

terbium

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2001, 06:20:00 AM »
You can buy in US in 16oz spray cans like hairspray.
Really!? It would be very nice since it can also be used for ethoxylating phenols. I was researching sources just a few weeks ago hoping that cannisters of the medical grade material could be purchased OTC at a pharmacy. As best as I could tell, while it is not a scheduled substance, it is not approved for sale as an OTC medical product and thus to buy it from a pharmacy would require a prescription. And yes, I understand that small vials can be bought OTC in the grey-market sold as "head cleaner" and the like and intended for use like poppers but this is outrageously expensive compared to bottles of medical grade material.

timsong

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2001, 02:51:00 PM »
The piercing site that I looked at in the UK supplied 100ml can at £19.

foxy2

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2001, 06:15:00 PM »
DermaFreezeTM
(Ethyl Chloride USP)

Prescribing Information DermaFreezeTM is a colorless, flammable, volatile liquid. It will vaporize at room temperature when applied from its metal container.

Indications and Usage DermaFreezeTM is a vapor coolant intended for topical application for the control of pain associated with minor surgical procedures (such as lancing boils, or incision and drainage of small abscesses), injections, and contusions.

Precautions Inhalation of DermaFreezeTM should be avoided as it may produce narcotic and general anesthetic effects, and may produce deep anesthesia or fatal coma with respiratory or cardiac arrest. DermaFreezeTM is FLAMMABLE and should never be used in the presence of an open flame, or electrical cautery equipment. When used to produce local freezing of tissues, adjacent skin areas should be protected by application of petrolatum. The thawing process may be painful and freezing may lower local resistance to infection and delay healing.

Adverse Reactions Cutaneous sensitization may occur, gut appears to be extremely rare. Freezing can occasionally alter pigmentation.

Contraindications DermaFreezeTM is contraindicated in individuals with a history of hypersensitivity to Ethyl Chloride. This product should not be used on patients having vascular impairment of the extremities.

Warnings

Caution: federal law (USA) restricts this product to sale by or on the order of a physician or other practitioner licensed by state law to use or order use of this product.
For external use only.
Skin absorption can occur; no cases of chronic poisoning have been reported.
DermaFreezeTM is known as a liver and kidney toxin; long term exposure may cause liver or kidney damage.
This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer.
Keep out of the reach of children!
Administration by or to a pregnant or nursing woman is not recommended.
Contents under pressure. Do not puncture or incinerate.
Do not use near open flame or expose to heat.
Store in a cool place. Do Not store on or near high frequency ultrasound equipment.
Dosage and Administration To apply DermaFreezeTM from its metal container, hold the container approximately 3 inches (7.5 cm) from the area of the skin to be treated. Depress the actuator button for the length of time necessary to achieve the desired effect as described below.

I. Topical Anesthesia in Minor Surgery  The operative site should be cleansed with a suitable antiseptic. Apply petrolatum to protect the adjacent area. Spray DermaFreezeTM for a few seconds until the tissue begins to frost and turn white. Avoid spraying the skin beyond this state. The anesthetic action of DermaFreezeTM rarely lasts more than a few seconds to a minute. Quickly swab the operative site with antiseptic and promptly make incision.

II. Temporary Relief of Minor Sports Injuries The pain caused by bruises, contusions, swelling, and minor sprains may be controlled with DermaFreezeTM. Spray affected area for a few seconds until the tissue begins to frost and turn white. Avoid spraying the skin beyond this state. Use as you would ice. The amount of cooling will depend on the dosage. The smallest dose needed to produce the desired effect should be used. Determine the extent of injury (fracture, sprain, etc.). The anesthetic effect of DermaFreezeTM rarely lasts more than a few seconds to a minute. This time interval is usually sufficient to help reduce or relieve the initial trauma of the injury.

III. Pre-Injection Anesthesia Prepare a syringe and have it ready. Spray skin with DermaFreezeTM from a distance of about 3 inches (7.5 cm) continuously for 2 to 4 seconds. Do not frost the skin. Swab the skin with alcohol and quickly introduce the needle with the skin taut.

Do Your Part To Win The War

timsong

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2001, 06:22:00 PM »
With ref to :

Caution: federal law (USA) restricts this product to sale by or on the order of a physician or other practitioner licensed by state law to use or order use of this product.

Well it does not seem to be controlled in the UK, as the site I looked at accepts mail orders, even by cheque and postal order.(even providing you with a printable order form)

Snatch_Snacker

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2001, 03:22:00 AM »

This is also printed on the sides of boxes of latex gloves, hypo's, etc, @ supply house I work at.  I think it only applies if used as medical device/crap!  Anyway I picked up a can 2 weeks ago.

The long-haired queen behind the counter at Pussy Palace didn't ask me for my script.

Snatch_Snacker

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2001, 03:46:00 AM »

Inhaling halogen alkanes like this one definitely isn't a healthy thing to do

Thanks for the warning.  Just looked up in 1914 Medicine textbook. It states "It is not suited for prolonged use, because it weakens the heart even more than chloroform....."
No where on label does hazard warning exist except for Known to cause cancer to State of CA.

terbium

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2001, 06:06:00 AM »
Inhaling halogen alkanes like this one definitely isn't a healthy thing to do, if your liver could bitch it would do so for a whole damn week!
Ethyl chloride was used as an inhalant anaesthetic into the 1960's in England. It was phased out because it is flammable and replaced with other halogen alkanes.

I expect that halogen alkanes are still being routinely used as general anaesthetics. Are you saying that this is not the case?

Osmium

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2001, 01:19:00 PM »
> I expect that halogen alkanes are still being routinely
> used as general anaesthetics. Are you saying that this is
> not the case?

No. But halothane and similar gasses aren't effective alkylating agents like ethyl chloride.

Bwiti

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2001, 06:27:00 AM »
A while back, I stole a bottle of ethyl chloride from my Dr.'s office during an appointment. I'd spray it into a jar and huff it. Sure, it'll fuck you up, but it definately wasn't the high I was looking for. Really nasty shit, but it works great for cooling off reactions that are getting way out of control. Peace! 8)

Split a piece of wood and I am there. Lift a stone and you will find me.