Author Topic: Decomposition of 5-MeO-DiPT  (Read 3061 times)

Novice

Decomposition of 5-MeO-DiPT
« on: September 17, 2004, 11:30:00 AM »
Hello all.

About 9 months ago I dissolved 1000 mg of 5-MeO-DiPT in 250 ml of tap water. Now the solution has turned very slightly brown. I've seen this with other compounds stored in tap water solution. Over years a brown sediment appears on the bottom of the container.

Now I realize tap water isn't the best solvent for storage of dope... But what is done is done, and I need to recover the 5-MeO-DiPT before all of it has turned to useless crap.

I considered boiling off the water, and there should be 5-MeO-DiPT and salts of different sorts left in the sample, then doing an A/B extraction. This should clear things right up.

My question is, do you think the 5-MeO-DiPT will decompose completely when boiled in tap water, considering the concentration of the different salts increases as the water goes off, or am I overestimating the reactivity of 5-MeO-DiPT?

Any other suggestions are of course welcome.

Thanks!

hest

A/B
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 01:34:00 PM »
MAke the solution basic then ekstract the godies.
Then evaporate the nonpolar or make the HCl salt.
Dont store your chemicals in solution. Store them in dry state.

Novice

Thanks hest!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 10:58:00 PM »
Thank you hest!

I don't know why I didn't think of that before I posted. I'm sincerely sorry for using precious space on The Hive with such a dumb ass question  :-[

I just have to mention that the reason for storage in tap water wasn't initially *storage*, but a way to measure up a reasonable dose of 5-MeO-DiPT without a scale... So dissolving the entire gram in a known volume of water was the only way to go, and it was well worth it I tell you  ;)

Thanks again!