Author Topic: Do these races of mushroom spores even exist?  (Read 9157 times)

Tim_Foil

Do these races of mushroom spores even exist?
« on: December 23, 2002, 03:20:00 PM »
Ive been using the WWW and the TFSE to get info on 6 different spore races.  I have found 4 of the 6. I am aware that some go by more than one name.  But I havent found anything on the "Creeper spore race" and the "F+ spore race"  Has anyone heard of these, or do they not exist?

cHiLLy

?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2002, 04:25:00 AM »
F+ as far as I know was a joke, and creeper is almost certainly a name for something else, Golden Teacher or PF's B+. Those sound like the names that those nafarious vendors use....the sort of vendor that sells PCEcuadors for 98 bux a spore print under some name like "super speedy maga potent ultimate shroom". I could be mistaken on the f+, someone might have done some hybrid work, but the 'creeper' name reeks of the high priced vendors ripping people off.

You are talking about ps. cubensis strains right?

In any case i would just go to one of the more reputable vendors and they will have every strain of ps. cubensis ever   discovered at least listed. try 'ryche hawk', UTSE.

pHarmacist

I'm not at all into naturally occuring drugs :)
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2002, 04:30:00 AM »
But these links might might be of some help:

http://www.shroomery.org/

http://www.fsre.org/

<-- Temp. Down, it'll work soon :)

Good Luck!

"Turn on, Tune in and Drop Out"

cHiLLy

odin

Try pans
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2002, 01:32:00 PM »
I had much more good experiences with Panaeolus spp. is maybe because of climate where I live

http://www.sporebank.com

P. cyanescens is the best, P. sphinctrinus, and subbalteatus from nature are good, but not so potent .

Tim_Foil

thankyou chilly
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2002, 07:57:00 PM »
My uneducated guess would be from what your saying is that the F+ is actually the B+, which i found info on the B+ easy, and thought it was strange why no F+ info was anywhere to be found.

and yes im speaking of ps cub.

Golden Teacher is also known as "PF Hawaiian Race" so im going to assume its more likely to be "B+"

thanks for the reply

Tim_Foil

Ill try the others
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2002, 08:03:00 PM »
I did use TFSE ....but didnt find what i needed to know on .....fanaticus.com ......shroomry.org ........or thehawkeye.com....... but ill try the other links that everyone else has recommeneded.

thanks again

Morbid_o

Re: someone might have done some hybrid work any ...
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2002, 08:49:00 PM »

someone might have done some hybrid work

any ideas on how ones goes about doing this?

see you auntie

odin

Making a monospore culture!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2002, 09:06:00 PM »
Making a hybride!
This proces is called Monospore mushroom cultivation
Yoo need to have two diferent shroom species that belong to same genus, sometimes even family.
From one spore from species "A" with "male sex" you need to grow primary mycelium, and from spp. "B" (female sex) another prim. micelium on the same supstrate.
If they are compatibile they will become one, secondary micelium from what you can get primordia aka mushroom.
This process asks special equipment, tehniques and knowledge.
Identification of spore sex is not easy, and taking one spore from print is even more complicated.
Secondary micelium has comlete number of chromosomes (?spelling), and primary has only half.

Tim_Foil

Cant help u with hybrid info...
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2002, 09:08:00 PM »
Im having a hard enough time finding 1/2 pint wide mouth canning jars.......No one carries them outside the traditional canning season around here. 

odin

Usual hybride
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2002, 09:10:00 PM »
Agaricus bisporus (usualy on your table) is mushroom that has been created by man and sudenly we have it nature, the same is for Pleurotus spp.

odin

Size of container is irrelevant, the biger the ...
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2002, 09:12:00 PM »
Size of  container is irrelevant, the biger the better if you monitor temp. inside

Tim_Foil

"Size of Container"
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2002, 09:40:00 PM »
I havent seen any reports on the PF Tek method of using anything other than 1/2 pint size jars.  In fact I believe they encouraged not to try doubling the ingredients for the use of pint sized jars. 

So, Im not saying size matters in this case, I just know what ive read from the PF Tek to be reliable information.  Im Not saying your info isnt reliable.  I like the idea of a few pint jars vs. several 1/2 pint size jars taking up space.

odin

Containers
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2002, 01:08:00 AM »
Tim man, PF tek method is developed for people with no propper education and equipment for shroom growing. SIze of container is 1/2 pint because micelium conquers it faster than biger one, in bigger cont. temp in the middle can go over 35°C if atmosphere around is 22-25°C what will kill the micelium.
Working (sterilizaation, terarium construction ) with 1 L and 5L container in your kitchen is not the same.
Higher fungi (ex. basidiomycetes, where psilocybes belong) can develop micelium from spore faster than their enemies (in case of infection with other lower fungi) and defend teritory, so if container is small time of conquering substrate (defense building) will be shorter.
There are many good reasons for choosing smaler containers for the begining, but with time you will edfinetly change it.
If you are interested in growing, sand me PM, there are many things that are not mentioned in PF tek method.

carcrash

lol screw pint jars what a waste of time
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2002, 10:43:00 AM »
Screw that pf bullshit jar moron tek crapola. Utter waste of time. How much do you think a 1/2 pint jar is going to yeild that is 1/2 vermiculite? Decent dry weight yield is 10 percent of dry weight of the grain. Like building a car an atom at a time or doing 1/20th scale reactions. PF tek is great for selling PF syringes.

Myco bags, 22 quart pressure cooker, whole grain organic rye or brown rice, spray bottle, incubator made from a rubbermaid inside another matching rubbermaid with water and a fishtank heater at 83F, and spore syringes.  Simmer the grain for 40 minutes. Rinse and drain after cooking. Close the bag tops with clothes pins. PC 5 bags at a time @ 15 psi for 90 minutes with a plate over them so they dont clog the pc vents. After they have cooled staple, tape or impulse seal the bags shut. Figure 6 to 8 cups of dry grain for 5 bags. Wait till they are room temperature. You can do 10 bags easily with 1 syringe. Inject towards a corner of the bag. Wear a dust mask and run a hepa filter before injecting bags.  No hepa filter?, then build a glove box even if its just a clean trash can on its side with plastic over the front of it. Wipe insertion spot with alchohol, shake syringe, flame the needle tip till glowing red, let the needle cool a bit, inject 1 CC, tape bag injection hole shut, repeat until done. 2 Disposable lighters work to flame the needle, alternate lighters between bags so the lighter cools off. With bags you can thoroughly break up the grain once you see some growth so the whole bag colonizes quicker. When the bags are done incubating and you need to start harvesting slit them open at the top on the side the bag top folds down towards so they get a bit more air.  Or with rye transfer to pausterized grain. Mist and harvest the bags thru the slit. Lose a bag toss the infection. 100+ bags from the right vendor are 30 cents each or less. This easier than pf tek for a newbie who is not a moron and a hell of alot more useful. You can grow them in the incubator, though they will need less heat after incubation, a light source, and air. Maximum 8 hours light, at least 16 hours of darkness.

If you get a 10 percent dry yield you could get up to 10 ounces with 10 bags assuming 6 pounds of dry grain total.  Of course you will probably lose a bag or 2.  Do the math and figure out how many PF jars you need for a potential 4 ounces. Even if you suck you will probably get atleast 4 ounces from 10 bags including lost bags.

F+ and Creeper may or may not be new strains. F+ is supposedly some new Florida strain though its authenticity is being debated.

No insult meant to PF, his technique does work for people. The yields blow huge goats from everything I have read about PF jars. Skip this crap. Probably need 100 jars to equal 10 bags. No nasty vermiculite either, no grinding rice, the bags are not heat traps like the jars.

Not a chemist I just follow directions on the box mix

odin

For Panaeolus spp. growing
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2002, 05:31:00 PM »
10x Petry dishes wih 1-2 mm of supstrate made from 10 g Agar, 1 L dH2O in witch 250 g potato an 100g carrot has been cooked and 20g maltoze (optional) , pH sligtly basic, sterilise. Infect with spores from print with metal vire previously flamed :) , cool with cotton in witch ethanol has been spilled.
When micelium has colonized supstrate (22-25C) is ready for transfer in 20 X 1 L glass container (sterilized) with rice and vermiculite inside. Let it grow. When is fully colonized, leave for another 5 days. Mix this with compost 1:5-6 and wait for fungus(18C) . Water and light ar necessary!

Carcrash is right 1/2 pint jar is too small!

Tim_Foil

Ease up on the methods for a bit
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2002, 06:00:00 PM »
1st off, I appreciate any and every bit of knowledge a person like "Odin" tries to give me.  I dont understand how you peeps got so educated and good at mushroom cultivation.  This is something ive never done.  Im simply just a person who loves the shroom experience and im sick of never, never, ever, ever, getting any.  So, If and when I decide to do it, it will be the simpliest way, for the first time that is.  Which so far that is the "hippee-neglect tek" .

Im not interested in the sales part of it.  I want them all for myself.   ;)

odin

If you fail to grow mushroom, you can eat ...
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2002, 11:12:00 PM »
If you fail to grow mushroom, you can eat mycelium cake(on agar if its white and not infected).
Selling halucinogenic psylocibin shorooms is illegal even here where I live, but you can give them to your friends who will return in some other way. Thats the beauty of mass growing.

cHiLLy

Which so far that is the "hippee-neglect tek" .
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2002, 04:17:00 AM »
Which so far that is the "hippee-neglect tek" .

not again. this isnt the place to learn about shrooms.

http://www.shroomery.org

Tim_Foil

"this isnt the place to learn about shrooms"
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2002, 06:25:00 AM »
I agree with ya chilly.  My original question shows i was was just wanting some info on some unidentified spores.  However, in the process, it seems like peeps have volunteered their knowledge, which in turn kinda makes this a place u can learn from........

and with the shroomry.org link.......are u trying to say thats the appropriate place to learn or what?