Author Topic: Possible hope for this doomed species?? doubtful  (Read 6578 times)

Offline SubliminallyOveranalyzed

• Negative, distrustful, fearful or degrading attitudes towards others always work against the self
  • Subordinate Wasp
  • Death=Your inability2PerceiveEnergy transformation
Possible hope for this doomed species?? doubtful
« on: August 02, 2015, 02:46:20 PM »
Give this a quick look people, one came across it yesterday, and is very intrigued by it, but has only glanced through, and haven't had time to read in detail yet, but should be able to this evening;
seems promising though

hxxp://www.thrivemovement.com/our-justice-system-fails-protect-your-rights

What on Earth does it take to thrive?
We are at a critical turning point in human history. The path we are on is leading toward a global police state. We must change direction, but how?

How did we develop a society where people are locked away for long periods of time, often for non-violent offenses related to drug addiction? Where torture and institutionalized rape is accepted? Where punishment, rather than restoration, is the norm? Where good legal representation is unaffordable for most? Is this what justice looks like to you? Or can we do better? Can we treat fellow humans with respect and dignity, and create a more fair justice system that protects each and every individual’s rights?

-Roughly 34% of all prisoners in the US are incarcerated for victimless crimes.[3] Many of these crimes are drug-related.

-The private prison industry is growing which creates an incentive for more prisoners because it results in more profits for investors.

--Between 2002-2009 the US private prison population grew by 37% and industry-lobbying dollars grew by 165%.[4]

-The justice system protects government. Both Democrats and Republicans create laws that accrue more power to the state. The “justice system” is not fundamentally dedicated to protecting individual rights but to enforcing millions of rules at the city, county, state and federal level - created by politicians to please the corporations, individuals and banks that put them in power.

-There is no restoration or rehabilitation built into the current US Justice System. It’s a condition of neglect, demeaning and violence, almost guaranteed to de-humanize and further criminalize the prisoner. As a result, there’s a high rate of returning to prison again after being released.

-Lawyers and prisoners are expensive. Attorney fees range from $150-$1000 per hour, which is out of range for most       Americans.  Prisoners are also expensive for taxpayers. In California, it costs about $47,000 per prisoner every year.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 05:59:07 PM by SubliminallyOveranalyzed »
You draw to yourself in this existence and in all others those qualities upon which you concentrate your attention. If you vividly concern yourself with the injustices you feel have been done you, then you attract more such experience, and if this goes on, then it will be mirrored in your next existence. It is true that in between lives there is "time" for understanding and contemplation.

Those who do not take advantage of such opportunities in this life often do not do so when it is over. Consciousness will expand. It will create. It will turn itself inside out to do so. But there is nothing outside of yourself that will force you to understand your issues or face them, now or after physical death.

The opportunity for development and knowledge is as present at this moment, in this life, as it will ever be. If you ignore day-by-day opportunities for development now, no one can force you to accept and utilize greater abilities after death, or between lives. The teachers are there in after-death experience, but there are also teachers here in your existence now.

If man paid more attention to his own subjective behavior, to those feelings of identification with nature that persistently arise, then half of the dictates of both the evolutionists and the creationists would automatically fall away, for they would appear nonsensical. It is not a matter of outlining a whole new series of methods that will allow you to increase your psychic abilities, or to remember your dreams, or to perform out-of-body gymnastics. It is rather a question or a matter of completely altering your approach to life, so that you no longer block out such natural spontaneous activity.

~Seth in TES9 (The Early Sessions Book9) by Jane Roberts - Session 510 - January 19 1970 (Seth is an energy personality essence no longer focused in physical reality for existence, as trance-channeled by author & medium Jane Roberts & her husband Robert Butts from Dec 1964 - Sep 1984 [Jane's Death])

Offline Baba_McKensey

• Toad Quarantine
  • Founding Wasp
Re: Possible hope for this doomed species?? doubtful
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 09:01:36 PM »
Maybe the reason the US is the world's greatest jailer is that a lot of people die in foreign jails but survive in US jails.
I'm not Sam

Offline Baba_McKensey

• Toad Quarantine
  • Founding Wasp
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 09:05:06 PM »
BTW, if it was up to me I would legalize all drugs that get you high and let natural selection take care of it.  Eventually, people would develop a higher resistance to the chemicals.  We see resistance develop in bacteria, insects and rodents to antibiotics and pesticides, so we should expect to see the same type of thing with humans if they have more access to drugs.
I'm not Sam

Offline Vesp

• Administrator
  • Founding Wasp
    • The Vespiary
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 11:56:31 PM »
Addiction only forms if you're using a drug as a coping mechanism for some type of suffering; a trauma, a mental illness... a chronic pain of some sort.  There is no Substance D.

Our prison system is large not in relation to others because people die in the others. I'd be willing to believe that, but the evidence I have seen says that is not the case. Our prison system is large because our laws are draconian.
Vespiary Archive: https://anonfiles.com/LcP9E4Y9u6/backup-2021-12-01_zip

Bitcoin: 1VespJ7dUtwMmvz6oDsMFDzs18kML58UV

Monero: 423c1FAdzQKPQRZEnsK84vSff7M8hCZoR16dvBkzFev3PwEDpLhgneHYyscUgmyVtyXyjMgLjhpGiePKZks16iN95UwXUKk

Offline fractal

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 02:21:51 AM »
Addiction is a physical/mental symptom of receptor down-regulation/up-regulation. Has nothing to do with mental illness or other troubles beyond the fact that some use drugs to cope, using drugs too much causes this and this is addiction. People without other problems in their lives may encounter addiction. I've known plenty of good, stable people who just have gotten caught up. Some people just have issues with self control or end up liking a drug to the extent that they take it too often. There is most certainly a substance and you most certainly should consider how much and how often you take it.

Yeah there are unjust laws that have caused the explosion in prison population. Beyond this mandatory minimum sentencing allows prosecutors to hold massive amounts of time over the person on trial to the extent that pleading guilty for less time, even when innocent, is the logical thing to do rather than risking it.

Offline Zippy

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 04:24:04 AM »
It's sad, once you get a monkey on your back there is almost not going back (referring to opiates in particular).  My best friend and close associate in many clandestine affairs made his own fent, ended up face down in his keyboard one night, 30 years old.  I had told him a few months before (when he was in rehab) that he would be dead or in jail in 5 months if he kept going down the path he was on.  Turns out I was right.

Offline Azoth

• Larvae
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 08:22:30 AM »
Addiction only forms if you're using a drug as a coping mechanism for some type of suffering; a trauma, a mental illness... a chronic pain of some sort.  There is no Substance D.

Our prison system is large not in relation to others because people die in the others. I'd be willing to believe that, but the evidence I have seen says that is not the case. Our prison system is large because our laws are draconian.

i have seen people i love become addicted to crack, and fuck up their lives even though karma catches everybody i dont think they deserve it, ive seen crackheads trying to smoke pebbles thinking its crack, its fucking ridiculous... but in the end its just a "fix" right? i think this system needs to change they really need to legalize all SAFE drugs, lsd, mushrooms, mescaline dmt, etc but like good ol terrence mckenna says, they dissolve cultural structures and ways of thinking that have been built for us so we can be little sheeps.. if they legalize heroin, though, they would need alot more funding for the healthcare system for rehabilitation.. honestly this world is fucked, if i DIE and they dont atleast legalize psilocybin, im going to die knowing that TPTB are real shitheads you know? they can indulge in entheogenic gay orgies in the woods by giant owl statues but we cant? fuck them!