Author Topic: enzyme catalysed digestion of polysaccharides  (Read 2476 times)

obelisk

enzyme catalysed digestion of polysaccharides
« on: April 10, 2004, 11:37:00 PM »
The late hive bee Pancuronium put forth the proposition of using saliva as an extraction aid in an effort to get past starch and cellulose matrices. Most of the replies were dismissive and short-sighted.
  The saliva component he was refering to was most certainly the enzyme Amylase.  This could be a route worth working on hive mates. Dont dismiss the thought and dump the criticism on me yet. 
  Why cant one mix pill material with a and B Amylase,  a and B Maltase, a and B Cellulase and hydrolyse in the presence of water to form Oligomers or glucose units which could then be fermented by yeast to form hopefully more benzyllic alcohols, aka. ephedrine.  At the very least the monosaccharides are easier to deal with than the polysaccharides,  Right?
  Does anybee know why this cant work?
  Also I've been considering other effective means of digesting starches and cellulose such as bacteria,  silver fish,  earth worms, termites and snails. Do any of you know if these metabolic pathways would disturb the pfed present preventing acceptable extraction yields by eating ephedrine with the sugars?
  If any credible bee can eliminate these possibilities please do so because youll save me alot of wasted effort and resources.
  Enzyme catalyzed depolymerization with subsequent fermentation and digestion of sugars resulting.
  Lets hear it!

chameyotch

Hmm..
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »
..maybe you could try it with a few pills at a time?

weaz1dls

wow
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 09:37:00 PM »
Swiw was not aware of Pancuronium's input or posts.... was
feeling alone in findings of late and wondered if some other factor has been the explanation for success.  Not that Swiw is ruling anything out of course.  Swiw had also noted last summer that only 1 maybee 2 other bee's were getting the same end product.  Don't believe Swiw to be credible but Swiw does attempt to be helpfull.  If pills lately are using a combination of A. a matrix by witch the active ingredients may travel by osmosis or similar and,
B. a coating or enzyme-polymar to control the release both in the areas of time and or ph of the active med.. then why would it be so far out there to believe syliva to be the key that unlock the first door to the active intended release of the pseudo...?  I mean really, how many warm blooded humans grind there medication to a pulp and wash it down with a nonpolar for good measure? Anyway let it be said that this village idiot is aware of a major difference in the "pulled" product of todays crops when they are exposed to salyva.
Thanks for the new search criteria in this area of study! ;)

obelisk

thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 02:10:00 AM »
the references to saliva were only to illustrate my and pancuroniums (same person?) train of thought.  salivary action led me to begin exploring enzymes as a destruction method for starch and cellulose based matrices.  I would not use saliva due to variables my lack of formal education prevents me from calculating in.  ive since moved on to the phenylisopropylbromide synthetic route to produce my personal but i still work on those pill matrices for fun.

obelisk

small tests with "rid x"
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 02:45:00 AM »
ive done some small tests on different materials in the prescence of rid x,  an enzyme product for septic tanks.
  i considered it to digest paper pulp out of red p pulled off match books. in a nuetral pH environment match book paper, news paper, and toilet paper showed little sign of destruction. the effects after some time are still unknown.
  rid x is showing some limited success with one dry matrix formula ive tried.  much more work to do.
  is there a hive mate fluent in enzyme chemistry out there?  my studies seem to indicate that there could be enzymes out there to chop up povidone, triprolidine,  chlorophen.,  etc..  help a brother out.  what is definitely impossible and why.  this info will save alot of time and resources for me.

ning

A good idea
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 08:36:00 AM »
but wouldn't a harsh basic hydrolysis accomplish the same thing? I know lye eats paper reeeaaal good.

On the same thread, though, one may consider using:

-papaya juice
-mango juice
-kiwi juice
-pineaple juice
-steak sauce

they all contain enzymes to digest proteins, as well as I'm sure a lot of other things.

Yogurt made with kiwis turns to soup overnight, and jello won't solidify. Maybe these enzymes could be turned agains the pill demons too.

{{or then again, just boil with lye...}}