Author Topic: Quick E Methylamine  (Read 3791 times)

spric

Re: QUICK E WORKS!
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2001, 09:39:00 PM »
God damn, I don't normally talk shit, but dumb mother fuckers like this just don't appear out of the blue.  If 13 posts are by one person, 7 others have wasted their time by replying.  Maybee it is beer speaking, but first and foremost you used calcium chloride.  Now I don't know jack shit about Ochem, and maybee all of those books I have read are lying, but you should look up the basic reactions of simple amines and calcium chloride that occur.  Now what yields did you really get.  I understand that you are almost 18 years old and are really excited, but SHUT THE FUCK UP.  Fuck I've been away from this site for too long.  Where's a smart person to the rescue, or is terbium busy with his foot up someones ass?

4:20

PolytheneSam

Re: Quick E Methylamine
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2001, 04:24:00 PM »
Ammonium chloride and methylamine hydrochloride are centrifuged here after filtering. 

http://www.orgsyn.org/prep.asp?prep=cv1p0347

http://www.geocities.com/dritte123/PSPF.html

menthol_man

Re: Quick E Methylamine
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2001, 08:25:00 PM »
Hey ya'll take a look at that website and check out the
quotes below... it seems to prove im right...

nah nah nah nah   ;)  :)

2. The methylamine hydrochloride solutions should be cooled rapidly in order to bring the salt down in small crystals which may be easily purified.
3. Centrifuging the precipitates is the only satisfactory method of drying, as all the products tend to take up water when allowed to stand in the air.

Gott Mit Uns!

brownhornet

need help with methylamine
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2002, 04:25:00 PM »
baal that vac reflux didnt fly;
1kg hexamine and 3300mm 31.45% muratic
20 mmhg @ 80-85c for 4hrs failed, 8hrs failed
well getting mostly ammonium chloride 70-80% mass of starting ammonium chloride.
baal really need your help, tried changing variables one at a time, vac/temp,running time but no luck.
frustration is killing me, please help

baalchemist

Never ran it on that large of a scale before, ...
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2002, 02:27:00 AM »
Never ran it on that large of a scale before, that may be your problem. Some reactions dont scale-up well, this may be one of them. I havent ran that reaction in a few years, but it had always worked for me rather consistently. I do remember that you dont want it really 'refluxing', just short of it. On a large scale it was brought up(theorized) that maybe adding a slight bit of para-formaldehyde will help react any excess AmCl. that may form. 

GODISNOWHERE
Shoot Narcs, Not Drugs