Author Topic: Removing SALT after carryover from BASING _E_  (Read 2607 times)

steam

Removing SALT after carryover from BASING _E_
« on: January 14, 2004, 11:59:00 AM »

geezmeister

alcohol
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »
Dissolve the E in alcohol, filter out the salt, evap the alcohol.

Are you washing your non-polar before extracting?

steam

TFSEngine didn't do me no-good!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »
sorry fellas, but I used TFSE and found no answer/s...

Sure, PATIENCE is the KEY as the DOOR is to KNOWLEDGE.,
- but, I searched with 'SALT'/'BASING'/'REMOVAL' and nothing

Frustratingly, I return back to the STIMULANTS FORUM and find 2 more replies from the 8 posted, andcannot accessany of the replies.

>Besides the point, am I the only one -being the posteree-
 that has no accessto the replies ?

PLEASE allow me to see the replies,
or must I start another thread 'parrallel' to 'rephrase' ?!!!

...no wonder I call myself 'steam'
---I'm ALWAYS UNDERPRESSURE !

steam

In reply
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »
thanx geez'.
No, I'm not washing it...though from a post I just read a  Post back and bookmarked, I will in future as the post made it all so clear on 'washing' which had me confused.

Though I havn't 'washed' my NP previously, the results -though very inconsistant - have been pleasing for my first few efforts. I look forward to a cleaner batch though, soon, one day.

Oh, and I'm workin' NANO, so with some more eperience I hope to be able to help others - when after I've helped myself.!!!

Thanks again ... 'Your've releaved a bit of that pressure.

spectralshift

What was the reason for using salt in the post
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 10:25:00 PM »
What was the reason for using salt in the post reaction work-up again?

If you saturate the aqueous layer with salt you can add a layer of alcohol on top of that, so you have:

NP
OH
based water

no water will pass up to the NP, or salt.

no guarantees as to the movements of the goods, swims only started exploring it himself on an orange solution.
the results are tainted with uncertantly though, as there were other factors that could have affected the good results.
But still itz an interesting area!

livid

re: salt problems
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 11:53:00 PM »
when titrating,do it one drop at a time, to reach desired ph. meth will pull first. salt will pull 2nd or 3rd pull. if you dump a bunch of acid in and shake, that is your problem.

biotechdude

NP wash and pH comments/questions
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 01:04:00 AM »
"...What was the reason for using salt in the post reaction work-up again?..."

from

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/hypotale.html

<>

from

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/meth.workup.html

<>

Swix is curious, as many NP wash procedures use plain hot then cold water washes.  However, Geez says in the aforementioned article that washes with pH7 DH2O (hot or cold) can loose product.  So Swix would think it best that once the meth-fb is in the NP; a hot/warm NaOH solution wash, followed by a cold salt water wash.  Cumulatively, these will have the benefit of Na, salt, hot and cold washes of the NP.  Or should plain DH20 washes be used as well?  Or cold NaOH wash and hot salt water wash?

"...when titrating,do it one drop at a time, to reach desired ph. meth will pull first. salt will pull 2nd or 3rd pull. if you dump a bunch of acid in and shake, that is your problem..."

True, fast pHing can cause a variety of problems.  The main ones being salt production (as mentioned) and colour change to the meth crystals (usually turn pinkish).