Author Topic: Commens on first rxn.  (Read 2366 times)

place

Commens on first rxn.
« on: March 07, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »

ChemoSabe

Yet Another Curbshot Start
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 04:19:00 PM »
Sounds like it worked fine. It's tough to get a reaction of this size to react with much violence if reacting the hydrochloride or salt of ephedrine/pseudo. If you realy want rxn violence of this size (which would only bee for novelty effect I would guess) is to do a freebase nano. That should be markedly more violent but also might be sort of stupid if you simply wish to witness some reaction violence.

It can be a decent thrill but is not worth the potential danger and loss of reactants/precursors. Not recommended unless fully supervised by a chemistry or special efx professional.

I'm guessing you aren't in the US and most likely have access to pills that aren't mega-gakked. Or at least somehow have access to relatively unadultrated precursor. Otherwise you'd most likely not have had pulled off a sucessful curbshot "intro-to-meth-making" nano. A reaction which has, for the most part, now been rendered undoable in most areas that consider themselves US territories.

Lucky you if you've got access to easily extractable pills or precursor of some sort that's untouched by the latest hyper-gakks. If so it looks like meth's now something you can have access to if you want it. You now have successful first hand experience with enough of the process so that you only need to work on refinements of technique. In a nutshell that means more practice.

First suggestions.

Bump up to 10g batches.

Do 3 Xylene washes to the acqueous solution after filtering out RP and before basing. This rids you of most iodine based contaminants.

Try out the "ker plunk" method of basing to easily double your yeilds.

Learn to recrystallize for purity and the sake of your own physical health. Find the link to Worlock's easiest recryst post mentioned in my own "shard garden" post for the least frustrating route to initial success with recryst. Shorty also has a good reX post dealing with his own extentions and refinements to that particular method. Note: Worlock has posted instructions for maybe 3 different reX techniques so I'm only refering to one of them here specifically.

It definitely is all accessible through that fucking search engine

ChemoSabe

Wrong One
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 12:42:00 PM »
Place, if you're going to send private messages you really need to change your personal preferences so that you can receive them too.

It's not supposed to become a message for everyone else like this but I'm doing it just this one time due to there being no other way for me to respond.

I've never been able to have success with the recryst method you asked about and it's definitely not the one I hoped you'd take a look at.

This is the one I suggested you try.

Post 235464 (missing)

(Worlock: "Re: ReCrystalizing Chilli", Stimulants)

It's the basis for this too

Post 483474

(ChemoSabe: "Shard Garden", Stimulants)

That's the only method that's worked well for me and, like I said in my post, Shorty also has a good writeup based on this method.

Read shorty's writeup too. I'll let you find it 'cause you need some more practice looking things up.

good luck