Author Topic: Doing freebase meth?  (Read 2494 times)

place

Doing freebase meth?
« on: June 02, 2004, 01:44:00 AM »
SWIM did his first gasing a couple days ago. The NP turned beautifull white and SWIM filtered out goodies. The (coffee)filters was pretty wet from the NP and was place in the sun so the NP could evap.

When the NP which made my filters wet evaporator, doesn't the NP leave a tiny bit of freebase meth together with the meth.HCl?

Is freebase meth dangerous for your body and mind?

Chewbacca

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 04:04:00 AM »
1. It is unlikely that there is even the tiniest trace of meth FB on your filter paper

2. Meth.HCl is actually more damaging to your body, the HCl salt damages the lungs or mucous membranes, FB meth is fine.

place

Have any one tried FB meth?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 05:03:00 AM »
Have any one tried FB meth? There must be a reason that people only do (and smoke) the HCl salt.

Unobtainium

the reason
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 05:44:00 AM »
is because the salt is easier to store, transport, and used.

SHORTY

And it doesn't taste so good either
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 08:13:00 AM »
Freebase Meth is an oil which is what makes it more trouble to work with as mentioned above.

Even so, i find it to be pretty nasty when smoked in the fb form but thats just my opinion.

barkingburro

i have to agree with scotty
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 12:36:00 PM »
though the high is a bit different. on that note swibb has been experimenting lately with additions to his bong water. one addition has been alcohol. nice little buzz that goes along with the amp. the second has been adding baking soda to the water. it is a quite different buzz... it tastes, cleaner?
 anyway, just more crap to add to the pile

mr_pyrex

opps
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »
It can be taken orally if your a daring individual...but be forewarned it has a nasty bite to it. ;-)  It was purely by accident that I happened to taste it and I won't be making that same mistake again, if I can help it.  It is kinda like accidentally tasting sodium hydroxide.  Good Luck and if'n your gonna try it...make sure it is a very small amount as freebase is a bit more concentrated then the HCl form.  Pyrex out taste testing other chems ;-)

Newton

Meth.HCl is actually more damaging to your...
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 01:08:00 AM »
Meth.HCl is actually more damaging to your body, the HCl salt damages the lungs or mucous membranes, FB meth is fine.

Have you actually tried smoking the freebase? From SWIM's experience, the freebase is almost painful to smoke, while the HCl salt is smooth and almost tasteless.
From my hypothesis, the freebase is more damaging to mucous membranes, as it is quite caustic in aqueous solution (ph 9.5), while the HCl salt is almost neutral (ph 6).

Chewbacca

Good point
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 04:26:00 AM »
although i havent experienced FB meth, SWIC was once sold FBpfed which was unpleasant to smoke to say the least. the sensation aside, i have read that the HCl liberated when smoking (or coming in contact with the moist lungs, rather) is harmful to the lungs.

a viable point about the mucous membranes, i was unaware that the pH was quite so high. good luck snorting liquid though!

Red_Crown

Liberation
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 11:18:00 PM »
I don't think the HCl is liberated per se, otherwise there would be no difference between the MethHCl and the MethFB as far as your tissues were concerned. But there is a HUGE difference: the freebase vapor is quite painful.  Quoth Osmium who once said "Freebase amines with a large organic residue aren't very gentle on your mucous membranes." (

Post 356949 (missing)

(Osmium: "> Freebase is better on your lungs than the ...", Stimulants)
)

Of the salt, no matter the phase, I would think the Meth remains protonated, and the Cl- remains associated.  Or then again, if not, think of it this way: Snorting a line of MethHCl doesn't obliterate your sinus tissues, and smoking is significantly slower and more diffuse..

But, really, the Cl- remains associated.

Xaja

FB is strong because
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2004, 02:24:00 AM »
Tiny bit of FB oil makes large amount of HCl salt. So if you have FB remember that you only need little bit...  8)