Author Topic: Wild stories and claims about ketone meth in The Atlantic  (Read 33644 times)

Offline carl

• Global Moderator
  • Founding Wasp
  • circular pastry filled with hazelnut crime
Re: Wild stories and claims about ketone meth in The Atlantic
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2021, 05:10:29 PM »
In summary, racemic meth leads to insanity? Is that right?
No, cheap meth leads to insanity.
If the stuff costs ten times less, people will buy ten times as they would usual.
And use ten times as much.
Thats solely the reason why they go insane.

I think they should play the jingle for the PSA with "increasing doses leads to psychosis" on a xylophone.
I would suggest that you guys share information like it was the last day on Earth.  This information slowdown is all because of all that dumb unwillingness to share.  That is where the DEA is winning.  There goal is you not talking to each other.  Let the information flow.  I  promise we will always be 2 steps ahead of DEA chemists if we just keep sharing information
Real bees just hear the buzzing and it doesn´t ever stop. Ever.

Offline DerAlteSack

• that creep in the corner of the strip club
  • Founding Wasp
  • no lunch, wild guesses, realistic self appraisal
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2021, 10:21:03 PM »
No, cheap meth leads to insanity.
If the stuff costs ten times less, people will buy ten times as they would usual.
And use ten times as much.
Thats solely the reason why they go insane.

No, thats not right. Most users of meth reach a personal ceiling and from there either stay on the dose or reduce (often it is a bouncing game, reducing - back to the cailing and so on). Only a comparable small number of people get shot through on meth, more on dirty, cut stuff then on rather clean one, real clean meth is actually the least prone to cause insanity/hallucinations whilst the yellow dirt for sure does.

What is described in the article is though typical of the symptoms of a stimulant - depressive abuse combo it appears in comparable mild form already with people smoking too much strong pot and using plain amphetamine in big doses together. With Benzos and Opiates together with Methamphetamin this gets really bad.
Those people who are afflicted from this in the article are victims of so called opoid crisis who now  have to go for the cheapest substitutes available and having been pushed into illegality they naturally have learned to know and love meth. Whats left for them? Cartel meth, fentoids and masses of asscheap very potent Benzos. So they take the Benzos in amounbts which would lead usually to a blackout with all the known consequences which often enough get people into prison. To avoid the blackout they take cartel meth. And The result is what was presented.

For US media it is of course much more appealing to blame the home grown problem on foreign drug producers, a social problem on chemistry, faults of the political system on the individual as this what they do best as it expresses the american spirit.
The key to happiness is never to argue after you made your point

Offline Tsjerk

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2021, 09:33:10 AM »

Or,
P2P => racemic meth => mental asylum

Where
Pseudo/Ephedrine => d-meth => party all night long => keep sanity in tact, generally

Yes?

Maybe the L one keeps you up longer while not being psychoactive? Making the racemic keeping you up longer for the same effect? At least levo-amphetamine does so in comparison to the dextro variant.

But it probably mostly is dose dependant, what the fuck, these doses you guys are talking about... 250 mg IV? hotrailing grams? I have been taking 10-20 mg racemic a day for about a year now, and I'm doing 5-10 mg dexedrine now. More than enough for me 😂. Definitely keeps me sane from my ADD!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 09:43:35 AM by Tsjerk »

Offline aes256

• Founding Wasp
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2021, 11:35:52 AM »
I have been taking 10-20 mg racemic a day for about a year now, and I'm doing 5-10 mg dexedrine now. More than enough for me 😂. Definitely keeps me sane from my ADD!

I'm filing this under positive drug stories :)

Glad you found a (chemical) intervention that improves your condition.
Quote from: Eleusis
However, I had serious misgivings about sharing because my quest was one for knowledge and experience while, I knew, for most others it would be for purely economic reasons.

Quote from: Orange
you can always dont make things.
but u cant always make things happen.

Offline jacolives

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2021, 11:39:38 AM »

Or,
P2P => racemic meth => mental asylum

Where
Pseudo/Ephedrine => d-meth => party all night long => keep sanity in tact, generally

Yes?

Maybe the L one keeps you up longer while not being psychoactive? Making the racemic keeping you up longer for the same effect? At least levo-amphetamine does so in comparison to the dextro variant.

But it probably mostly is dose dependant, what the fuck, these doses you guys are talking about... 250 mg IV? hotrailing grams? I have been taking 10-20 mg racemic a day for about a year now, and I'm doing 5-10 mg dexedrine now. More than enough for me 😂. Definitely keeps me sane from my ADD!

Should be noted that the 250 mg IV dose is actually the highest one I listed.  I’ve seen people do ridiculously huge hot rails but I’d say the MAJORITY of the meth ends up blown out into the room the person is sitting in.  There is a lot of urban/rural myth and legend surrounding Crystal meth.  One of the most common is “you’re not supposed to hold it in it will ‘crystallize’ in your lungs/nose/body”.  People also just like to see how big of a cloud they can blow!
quisieron enterrarnos, sin saber que eramos semilla

Offline Tsjerk

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2021, 12:22:38 PM »

I'm filing this under positive drug stories :)

Glad you found a (chemical) intervention that improves your condition.

I never thought my crappy wired brain could be helped as much as it was helped during the last one and a half years. I got baclofen to keep me from drinking a bottle of wodka a day, some quetiapine to keep my bipolar brain from going depressed or hypomanic, and a little speed to keep my mind at rest by keeping some focus.

I went from hating most days because I felt like shit to actually liking my life and going from junior to senior in a year on a job I get up for in the morning and secretly spend time on in the weekend. Long live drugs.