Author Topic: Broken Scale???  (Read 2078 times)

FlaskGenie

Broken Scale???
« on: March 23, 2004, 05:45:00 PM »
Swim bought a second hand triple beam on americas favorite shopping network.  The scale arrived today and to swims surprise, the plate was off its platform and these flat washers were laying about(3) and there are a thousand little bee-bees falling out the box.  Swims question is what are the little grey bee-bees and is this scale broken or is repair possible by swim.  Swim thanks bees in advance for the help

karl

What on Earth do you mean by a "Bee-Bees
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »
What on Earth do you mean by a "Bee-Bees"? I can't picture one. Doesn't the shopping network offer a refund for defective goods? I don't think you have provided sufficient information to answer your question.

FlaskGenie

The bee-bees are small and grey and metallic.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 08:04:00 PM »
The bee-bees are small and grey and metallic.  They can be attracted to by or collected with a magnet.  They are the size and shape of small metal objects that you load into a bullseye beebee gun I once used for target practice in my youth.  If you have any knowlage of above mentioned scale anatomy please share.  These beebees go somewhere.    Thanks

livid

flask genie
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 08:42:00 PM »
the little led buckshot is for calibration. the scale is not broken. the buck-shot goes under the weighing pan, or whatever it is called. maybee the washers go there to.

calcium

It was dropped...
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 03:53:00 AM »
I dropped a triple beam scale once and the platform popped off scattering the shot (B-Bs). I replaced it with pennies and it has worked fine for the last 20 years.

Those black rubber washers were meant to isolate the beam during shipment.

Check carefully for smooth operation, your scale was dropped during shipping and may be damaged beyond hope.

FlaskGenie

Thank you for the advice fellow bees.
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 10:28:00 AM »
Thank you for the advice fellow bees.  You save me once more