Author Topic: Salvinorin (I hope not just the same old post)  (Read 1285 times)

Teon

Salvinorin (I hope not just the same old post)
« on: June 24, 2003, 08:44:00 PM »
Well, okay. Yes, I've searched. All I do is search and read. But I needed to get some verification on an upcomming project from some people that, well, know more than me. I'd also like to get this hashed out before the fed's make yet another harmless plant illegal.

Planning to liberate Salvinorin-A, a diterpene compound, from plant matter using roughly 5, 5 minute washes with room temp IPA (99%). Washings are to be  combined and the tannins are allowed to settle out (thank you gravity). After seperation of the tannins the solution would be returned to the open air and the IPA allowed to evaporate until the waxes start to fall out of solution. Move to a smaller voulme container and, as necessary evaporate off the remaining IPA under roughly 120 degrees F. The remaining sediment will mostly be waxes and these will be removed with 6-7 Naptha washings. While further cleaning with IPA at this point would increase purity the extract is to be reintroduced to dried plant matter and excessive purity is unnecessary.

It's pretty simple and was just wondering if any of you saw an issue with this. The literature I have been able to find about enhancing leaf generally uses acetone and I wanted to see if I could find any issue before hand as oppossed to while in the process of.

rudebwoy

eh?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 11:19:00 PM »
After seperation of the tannins the solution would be returned to the open air and the IPA allowed to evaporate until the waxes start to fall out of solution. 

How does the wax just fall out of the solution?

shouldn't u put the alcohol extracts in to the freezer and immobilize the waxes then decant to separate out the waxes?

acid_egg

This extraction method looks remarkably simple
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 12:11:00 AM »