Author Topic: Deodorizing Question..  (Read 2110 times)

Bwiti

Deodorizing Question..
« on: November 08, 2002, 04:29:00 AM »
Anyone here ever tried using ozone to deodorize a room that methylamine was produced in? Did it work well?

Love my country, fear my government.

El_Zorro

Couldn't you just get a little spray bottle full ...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2002, 04:35:00 AM »
Couldn't you just get a little spray bottle full of vinegar and spray the shit out of the air in the room?  Although I don't know how much better that would work than ozone.

Who is that masked man?

Protium

Ozone
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2002, 06:33:00 AM »
Ozone is completely effective for eliminating those hard to kill lab smells.  Get yourself an ozone generator and blow cigarette smoke over the outlet; you will see it dissapear as the ozone destroys the smoke.  8)   Very effective.

Leaves the air mountain fresh.

Pr(+)tium

Bwiti

you've got me thinking..
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2002, 07:47:00 PM »
Hmmm....How could I generate my own ozone via a chemical reaction in a bucket? Is there some type of two component reaction I could carry out? That vinegar idea sounds cool....Maybe I could dump some glacial acetic acid in a casserole dish, seal off the room, and leave it for a few days. I have a gas mask, so I don't have to worry that much about nasty fumes. Thanks for your suggestions, and I sure as hell won't mind more. Peace! 8)  

Protium

GAA as a deodorizer
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2002, 10:31:00 PM »
I don't really believe that this would be such a great idea.  You may not remember just how nasty those nasty fumes are, but anything over a couple of liters in an unsealed container is going to leave an unpleasant stench for weeks.  I was making some peracetic this week and I can tell you that if you don't keep a lid on it, your just trading off one smell for another much more unpleasant one.  Believe it or not incensce from your local headshop actually works quite well in a pinch, but on the other hand I do enjoy many of the flowery smells of the clandestine arts.

Pr(+)tium

El_Zorro

I didn't mean use GAA as a deodorizer.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2002, 10:46:00 PM »
I didn't mean use GAA as a deodorizer.  I was just thinking of an acid that could be sprayed in the air to turn the methylamine vapor into a non-volitile salt.  So I thought of venegar, because it's cheap, and it's diluted, so it won't stink too bad, and most of all, it won't irritate your skin/eyes/mucus membranes if you get it on you.  Well, I guess it would bother your eyes, but not unless you're a complete moron about it.

Hope it works out, dude.

Who is that masked man?

Semtexium

Ozone generators are common for grow ops...
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2002, 03:21:00 AM »
Here's a link to the plans for the do it yourself'r, easy as shit.  Though keep in mind your safety, I think sparks can be caused, i.e. don't use it to cover up the smell of that ether...  Also do some checking, I think ozone has a lot of people who say it's good for you and a lot that say it's not...

http://www.growrooms.com/ozonegeneratorplans.html

::)  ;D  :)  :P  ;)     Mean People Suck     ;)  :P  :)  ;D  ::)

cHiLLy

ozone
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2002, 04:15:00 AM »

Protium

Buy it.
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2002, 06:33:00 AM »
Or you can purchase one new for about 300-500 $ , but they cost a lot less second hand.  I would warn anyone who tries to build their own with a neon sign transformer that large concentrations of ozone can be very dangerous...  I have given myself ozone poisoning before.  After awhile you can't even smell the gas, and then you just start having this terrible pain whenever you try to breathe, along with dry heaves, vomiting, etc.  Bee Careful.

Pr(+)tium

Bwiti

Where?
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2002, 04:55:00 AM »
Shit! Are there any user-friendly sites out there that sell neon sign transformers? I went to

http://www.allcorp.com

, hich was recommended on that grow-room link, but I couldn't find dick. I feel like smashing a store front window and stealing the fucking thing! Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks and peace! 8)