Author Topic: What the hell is it !!  (Read 1661 times)

Bulldog44

What the hell is it !!
« on: February 08, 2002, 12:27:00 PM »
OK recreational chemist fans read-up.

A friend of a friend send me this chapter of a fictional book his friend is writing. Please read and critique.

Spudboy spent 3 months and several hundred dollars setting up everything he needed to complete the infamous Codeine to Oxycodone synth.

Started with .5 grams pure Codeine FB
Dissolved CFB in 15ml GGA, GGA at 40 F with stirring.
Dissolved .4 grams NA Dichromate in 10ml DH20 added via pipette to cool solution. Let stir for 5 minutes
Refluxed @ 185F for 45 minutes.
Extracted x3 with 25ml Chloro, backwashed x3 with DH20. Evaped.

Dissolved .5 grms of nice coffee colored crystals ( don’t know what to call it at this point) in 20ml of 8% GGA and Methanol. Added .4grms of pd/c 5%. Hooked up a very large helium quality ballon to one side of a 2 hole stopper in a 250ml flask. Purged Flask of O2 thru other hole. Capped it and let stir overnight.

OK here is where Spudboy is kinda confused. He read somewhere that a Bee posted this very synth ( if ur not familiar with it read below) and then added that Epikur left out one very important step !!!! But he wouldn’t post that step until he got some CFB and worked it out !!!!!! Dope-amine stated

“I don't fuck around with that chromic acid bullshit.  I put this up on poppies.org and this was going to be the first part of the synth I was going to give you Rhod. for the cod->oxy->oxymorphy but the problem is that epikur left out one little detail from the original lit that seems to have been very critical.  I'm not going to give that info away until I get some more codeine and go at it again the right way.  Anywayz, here ya go”

I have PM DA but no response. If anyBee could look this over and tell me what the missing critical step is I would REALLY appreciate it……………so if Spudboy

Filters solution, extracts x3 with Chloro. Evaps and redissolves in acetone. Adds alittle HCL what is the product he now has in his Pyrex dish ?? Would you try some ??

Thanks for your support J

lRE: Simpler Oxycodone from Codine(ala Rhodium)"

LAST EDITED ON 09-13-01 AT 00:35 AM (EST)

Hey you fuck heads: CODEINE --> OXYCODONE
Dissolve your codeine base in the acid solution (acetic, we're following the method given at the begining of this thread somewhat so use those amounts) in a rb flask and set it in an ice water bath with stirring. Now that it's nice and cool, slowly pipette in the dichromate solution. The solution immediately turns a milky orange/yellow. Now remove the ice and set it in your oil bath on a hotplate and throw your water cooled condenser on top. I used a temperature controlled hotplate so I just dialed the temp in to ~83 and made sure it stayed there for ~20 min. If you stick a thermometer in your oil bath you should be able to do about the same. Heat is bad for opiates, but I have not found that letting it cook at 80-90 for 30 min. to be terribly detrimental. Anywayz, you can tell that the reaction is complete when there is no more color change. The new color should be a dark brown/red. Pipette pour your solution into a sep. funnel, wash your flask with a bit of water and pour that in too. There will be some black insoluble crap left in the flask. Don't worry about that shit. Now basify with ammonia. You don't have to be exact, just make sure the pH is taken to above 10 and then extract three times with chloroform. If you get an emulsion, just deal with it by adding a butload of chloroform and only taking the unemulsified chloroform with each separation. Take your chloroform solutions and back extract with water twice to make sure you didn't bring nasty Cr with your product. The product is yellow when disolved in a large amount of solvent and dark brown/red when concentrated. You just converted codeine's hydroxy group to a ketone and put a hydroxy under the nitrogen bridge. Evaporate off your solvent.

BUYING Pd/C IS NOT ANY BIG DEAL BESIDES JOE BLOW IS ONLY GOING TO USE IT FOR LEGITIMATE PURPOSES SO HE HAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!!!!

Next is to reduce that double bond which is VERY EASY if you have a source of hydrogen. As far as other equipment, you need two syringes with the plunger removed and needles attached. To each you attach a balloon the the plunger end. Then, you need some sort of thick rubber to cover the mouth of your flask, but can be penetrated (air tight) by your needles. Ok, so you throw in like 3 molar %(of initial moles of codeine) of Pd/C (either 10% or 5% Pd on Carbon) into your flask which contains your goodies in a fairly concentrated solution of ~8% acetic acid in MeOH (Not super concentrated, but definately not super dilute) with STIRRING. Then you fill your ballons through the needles, purge your flask air space with hydrogen by inserting both needles through the rubber diaphram and insert a third needle to allow an out flow. After it has purged for a while pull out the purge needle and make sure that the hole it created is now sealed. Refill your balloons and reinsert them. Let it stir overnight. I have done this on a few gram scale so there wasn't a lot of hydrogen absorbed. If you were doing a tens of grams scale, you would need to refill the balloons several times during the reaction or you may still need to do this if you have bad leaks. Ok, so filter your solution. It's about the same color, maybe a little bit lighter, but don't worry cuz it worked. Again, basify, shake with chloroform and extract 3x. Evaporate, disolve in acetone and gas or drip in HCl to crystalize. Your crystals may turn to goo when exposed to air during filtration if you use wet HCl. Don't worry about it, just realize you are gonna have to drip an aqueous oxy solution into your nose instead of getting to snort bumps to get high. Do not over acidify during crystalization! When your solution turns from brown to clear, stop adding acid and filter. If you overacidify, your crystals will turn to brown goo balls in your flask. They won't be destroyed but if you dried and snorted 'em the leftover HCl's might burn your nose a bit.

This procedure is very easy and the whole shebang except for the work-up could be done in a day no sweat. The yields of both steps are very high yielding. I have taken an H-nMR of the compounds at each step of the way and found them to be highly pure with no observable starting material in their spectrums. So get to work! Next time I'll go over the conversion of oxycodone to oxymorphone which is super potent and this is even more simple of a reaction. None of the reagents in either synthesis are suspicious so fuckin' chill.

Realize that codeine can in many wayz be the gateway to your dreamz!!!
(hydro, oxy, oxymorph, morph, H, etc.)

(Guru is no guru of mine. Shit there goes my ratings......)

Leave the gun..........take the Canoli.