Author Topic: distilling method/would ratios change  (Read 5096 times)

nzgal

distilling method/would ratios change
« on: July 12, 2003, 05:49:00 AM »
Swim would appreciate some advice before takeing the bull by the horns.  Swim has been doing small 10gm runs of E/I/H that usually take about an hour or so then this mixture is placed in a large still of 13.5 litres water then on top of that is added anther 1.5 litres water with 300gms of lye.  This takes about an hour or so to distill off.  Then swim continues to base and dry off.  Swim has now changed over to a lovely glass arrangment the goods can be refluxed in the flask with condenser on top then changed to a distiller without removing goods from flask. I have used the ratio of 20gms lye per litre of water, and added this straight to the flask and distilled off, the goods came out very clean and clear.  As swim wants to start and do large oz runs would 1 litre or 1.5 litres be enough to distill the goods across. I would appreciate any comments you have to make.
:)

Stonium

AND...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2003, 10:56:00 PM »
I'd appreciate it if you would read the sticky posts here and ask your question in the correct forum.

Post 309268

(Rhodium: "Meth related posts go in the STIMULANTS forum!", Newbee Forum)

Stonium

One more thing...
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 11:02:00 PM »
I'm not sure if I understood your post correctly, but a one hour reaction time is grossly insufficient as far as the reduction of ephedrine/psuedo-ephedrine to methamphetamine via an HI/RP reduction goes.

mnm

Not sufficient
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2003, 01:48:00 AM »
I must concure with Stonium,

1hr is not sufficient, kids around here would run 24-40gm runs for 24-36hrs.

And no, distillation if done properly should drastically affect you yields.

SHORTY

Why so much water?
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2003, 02:43:00 AM »
Why in the hell are u using so much water 13.5 liters is way too much for 10g.

I also agree that 1 hour is no where near enough time for reduction to complete.  However, since you are able to distill it then its probably not psuedo but iodeo.....

nzgal

i apologise for entering wrong section
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2003, 04:29:00 AM »
My mistake I did not mean to mislead you, it is a hypo reduction.  Swim has never refluxed over an hour.

The reason for the amount of water was because it was a 20litre still and the way swim was showen from the begining.  Hence my question because I am getting away from large pieces of equipment which I know are not necessary.
:-[

amalgum

I see some people are quicker to skim posts...
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2003, 05:17:00 AM »
I see some people are quicker to skim posts and spout off things like UTFSE than others, or some of you would have realized he said E/I2/H reduction, meaning hypo.  Now whether or not that is sufficient time for a hypo, SWIM has no clue.

However, no matter what reduction, 13 something odd liters of water per 10g of a helluva lot.  SWIM would have used like 500mL or something to finish that rxn up.  As far as adding base goes, SWIM always adds straight base (not NaOH solution) slowly but surely to the finished rxn.  SWIM has found meth to be pretty damn durable when it comes to basing, and really any gaks that carry through would be your only concern with the basing.  However, seeing as your gonna steam distill (as does SWIM), it really doesn't matter what gak you activate by accidentally adding too much NaOH to fast or something. In SWIMS experience, it all comes over clean anyway.

Stonium

Uhm...
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2003, 10:12:00 AM »
Who the fuck said to UTFSE?

Certainly not me.

SHORTY

First time ive seen E/I2/H used
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2003, 11:46:00 AM »
First time ive seen E/I2/H used, i missed that.

Thats a completely different ballgame.  Yes hypo cooks can bee completed in less than an hour although i prefer to cook a little longer with less heat and more water.  Also it really doesnt matter how much water is used to distill.  I just can't imagine using sooo much.  It might even produce a cleaner result. But in my opinion no matter how much water is used the yeild will bee the same.