Author Topic: Eugenol ---> 3,4-DMA, 3,4-DMMA, etc...  (Read 2320 times)

cattleprodder

Eugenol ---> 3,4-DMA, 3,4-DMMA, etc...
« on: May 09, 2003, 07:19:00 AM »
Has anyone that we know of on this planet other than test mice and anonymous psychiatric patients from the 60's tried these drugs? 

I guarantee they will be plenty potent and also quite rewarding.  Eugenol (or vanillin either) is just not that amenable to conversion to safrole, but why should that stop someone from using this cheap and plentiful essential oil to create something else of beauty instead?

GC_MS

shulgin
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 07:36:00 AM »

Barium

Mr Prodder
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 07:59:00 AM »
Based on what do you guarantee that 3,4-DMA and/or 3,4-DMMA will be so incredibly interesting? This is the second time you make a post about this. Make 'em yourself, we're not your guinea pigs. Now be quiet will ya...

moo

No, not Shulgin.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 08:00:00 AM »
No, not Shulgin. I too am interested in 3,4-DMA because of the lack of information in PIHKAL especially considering how obvious a molecule it is, but am not so sure about its value. It's just a shame there's so obvious a hole in the SAR knowledge of these compounds... on the other hand, haven't dug up any binding data either, I'd guess it has been looked into.

Chimimanie

4-Allyl
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 08:57:00 AM »
I would preferably try to do some MEA or MAA (the amphetamines analogues of MEPEA and MAPEA, see

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal123.shtml

)

4-allyloxy-3-methoxy-amphetamine look most interesting to me than the 4-methoxy counterpart.

As a side note, it seem than MMA (3-methoxy-4-methyl-amphetamine) was distributed in Italia. Shulgin told in pihkal#123 that it is apparently 'quite disphoric' :( .

But I dont take that report from the italian forensics too seriously.

Let's taste all those promising compounds! ;D