Author Topic: Polyethylene glycol as support and phase transfer  (Read 2721 times)

java

Polyethylene glycol as support and phase transfer
« on: July 12, 2003, 05:35:00 PM »
Polyethylene glycol as support and phase transfer catalyst in aqueous palladium-catalyzed cross-coupling reactions

Chemical Journal on Internet, Vol 3, No 8, p 39 (2001)

http://www.chemistrymag.org/cji/2001/038039ne.htm

Abstract:
 Excellent yields and purity were obtained in the aqueous palladium-catalyzed Suzuki, Sonogashira, Still and Heck reactions under mild conditions using polyethylene glycol (PEG) as soluble polymeric support and phase transfer catalyst as well.
Keywords liquid-phase synthesis, polyethylene glycol, cross-coupling reaction, phase transfer catalyst, palladium catalyst.

In summary, we have shown a liquid-phase methodology for the palladium-catalyzed cross-coupling reactions in water on soluble support of PEG 4000. The reaction not only provide corresponding products in excellent yields and purity, but also were carried out under mild conditions due to the contribution of PEG bound substrates as PTC. It is potential for these reactions to be assumed for the combinatorial and parallel synthesis on the soluble polymeric support.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this to be interesting and wanted to share....java

Edit: I corrected some errors in my posting, bear with me!

Rhodium

PEG as support/PTC in Pd-catalyzed cross-couplings
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 01:27:00 AM »
Polyethylene glycol as support and phase transfer catalyst in aqueous palladium-catalyzed cross-coupling reactions
Xia Min, Wang Yanguang

Chemical Journal on Internet, Vol 3, No 8, p 39 (2001)

(http://www.chemistrymag.org/cji/2001/038039ne.htm

Abstract

Excellent yields and purity were obtained in the aqueous palladium-catalyzed Suzuki, Sonogashira, Stille and Heck reactions under mild conditions using polyethylene glycol (PEG) as soluble polymeric support and phase transfer catalyst as well.

In summary, we have shown a liquid-phase methodology for the palladium-catalyzed cross-coupling reactions in water on soluble support of PEG 4000. The reaction not only provide corresponding products in excellent yields and purity, but also were carried out under mild conditions due to the contribution of PEG bound substrates as PTC. It is potential for these reactions to be assumed for the combinatorial and parallel synthesis on the soluble polymeric support.

Very nice that you want to share interesting articles you have found online (I think the idea of using PEG as either a solid support or as PTC is a great idea on their own, and here they even combine both concepts into one procedure!).

However, as I already have mentioned in

Post 444799

(Rhodium: "Zr(BH4)2Cl2(dabco)2 for Reductive Amination", Chemistry Discourse)
- a little bit of editing isn't that hard or time-consuming to do, and improves the readability considerably (noone here is interested in the full address of the authors, or when the article was recieved by the editor) - And not only that, in your post above it is impossible to see what the article is about by reading the subject, as you have simply truncated it instead of abbreviating it, and while you have linked to the full article, you failed to post the title of the journal it came from, which is in my opinion uneccessarily careless.