Author Topic: WORLOCKS cleaned RP ?  (Read 4510 times)

JUMPER

WORLOCKS cleaned RP ?
« on: November 17, 2003, 02:20:00 PM »
This is the procedure I used Except didn't need the sulfuric step.  I have gotten many different conflicting statements on the hive as to whether because it turned out grayish, it's fucked.  Only been through one failed cycle because I hadn't found this damn site yet.  OSMIUM said bullshit on it being bad in one post but didn't elaborate, and can't find any other post that explains about my grayish MBRP and when to toss.  Can having too much I2 or water in first RXN ruin all my RP?  If I'm missing the post in my searching of all these redundant fucking MBRP and Red Phosphorus posts, then sorry but one can only read for so long before one shoots his computer!    >:(

wareami

Variables
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 04:55:00 PM »
Many variables exist that will eat up RP.
The first being the cleaniless of the RP itself and the second, the feed being reacted.
If the pfed has wax and binders or other gaaks it will coat the RP and it's tough to remove with only solvents.
The only thing to touch Ibee's RP between runs is dh2o and then the darkness from rxn removed withg acetone!
That's it!
Ibee gets average 5 runs before it's gray toast and tossed!
On The front side cleaning if using MBRP it's removed from strikers with only denatured or ISO alky and Acetone!

diogenes

good idea
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 05:23:00 PM »
SWIM'll second that on wareami's cleaning MBRP with ISO alky and acetone and just in that order. Works great for cleaning strikers.

JUMPER

So gray means fucked!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2003, 09:05:00 PM »
I did triple De-natOH wash, then triple Acetone wash, then triple dH2O wash, then dried and put away.  But it sat in fucked up I2, gaak, and water mix for a couple of days while I whined.  And the cleaned shit is gray, so I'm fucked right?  Throw away!

wareami

Last ditch....
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 10:05:00 PM »
efforts employ a dilute hcl or sulfuric wash!
One could always test the potency by putting a matchhead size pile on peace of metal and lighting it to see how it burns! AWAY FROM FLAMMABLE LIQUIDS!
If it's cruddy and trashworthy it won't burn completely.

JUMPER

FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2003, 11:22:00 PM »
Okay Now I'm pissed!  I tried a match, lighter, torch, and flame thrower, and I can't burn anything but the kitchen.  Fuck!  It sucks I didn't find this fucking site a month ago, but thanks whereami!  Do you know any one that wants a ounce and a half of fucking unburnt ashes!  Fuck!

LoW_JacK

Re: Ibee gets average 5 runs before it's gray...
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2003, 03:30:00 AM »

Ibee gets average 5 runs before it's gray toast and tossed!

-(Dont you mean 5 runs before its grey and sold to other less knowledgable cooks)?

One could always test the potency by putting a matchhead size pile on peace of metal and lighting it to see how it burns!

I find this method to be a poor substitute for a real test like reacting 0.5g iodine and 0.2g red phosphorus in a test tube or an air freshener(pipe type) to see whats going to take place when thrown into the reaction vessel.
I've seen alot of phosphorus in my day and very little can be accomplished by seeing the product burn. I've had shit burn beautifully with little after crap unburnt, only to have the same phos completely fail to react with the iodine blowing the whole show.
By the way -(mbrp sucks) Get some lab grade or get into the birch. Seriously, stop buying up all the $0.83 boxes of 100 pack safety matches from my grocery market already, geesh!

If you gotta scrape strikers i feel soooo sorry for you, yet amused at the diligance the meth user will subject themselves to for a minute amount of shitty mbrp.

I'd sooner drink wizard x's aqueous hydriodic acid by the gallon ,than fuck with mbrp. Pthuaa! i spit on mbrp, pthuaa!

gluecifer69

mbrp may bee only choice
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2003, 07:55:00 AM »
Mr. Low_Jack, swim has and is dependent on mbrp.  Swim is not the one going into grocery stores buying the shit anyway, but to dismiss mbrp!  So many successes ala Worlock/Jacked push/pull.  Now swim is not currently active in the "scene", but followed Geez's advice on the long wet reflux and seen heavier yeilds and less crap in the finish product.   Anyway the fucking bottom line is to not let bees bee discouraged by the use of mbrp, if cleaned properly, swim has found it be effective to say the least.   Oh yeah, about the birch it is not for beginners to say the least, as seeing what a granule of Na does when exposed to moisture should prove it is not for the novice and all practicality not for the bee who cooks for him/her self and isn't even interested in $$$$.  Maybe swims just a pussy.  Bottom line mbrp works, has worked for years and continues to churn out top quality product from top quality cooks.

geezmeister

Gray rP/ burn test/rP notes
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2003, 08:57:00 AM »
Gray rP in my experience is a sign of oxidized rP. Every time I ruined some with undiluted H2SO4, I had gray, clay-like crap instead of rP. I take that to be oxidized rP.

Burn tests will show you whether you have rP as opposed to something else that looks like it. I've never seen the red glass and trash left after multiple reactions of mbrP burn with the same vigor as fresh red. If the ratio of rP to glass and trash is low, you will not have the vigorous, smoky burn that higher concentrations of rP will give you.  The flame that ignites rP, however, may also be what burns away a coating of wax that prevents the rP from reacting with I2 in the flask unless cleaned. A burn test may help determine if the stuff is rP; it does not per se indicate it will work in the reaction. The rP in mbrP gets used up in the reaction, but the glass does not, and over a series of reactions the glass becomes more of the weight and throws the novice off, as he has too little actual rP in the glass/rP mix. The glass does not hurt the reaction at all, so long as sufficient rP is in that mix to drive the reaction. The difficulty with reusing mbrp is determining just how much of it is glass and how much is usable red P. Five uses, even with refreshing it with fresh mbrP, is about the limit of safe use on mbrP in my experience, so I side with Ware on that point.

Lab grade red phospohorous is consumed in a long wet reflux until it is used up. I have used lgrP with no more than alcohol and acetone cleanings between reactions until it has been consumed. I have done "last reactions" with rP as my supply dwindles before acquiring more with a ratio as low as 0.4:1 with the pseudo, or 0.33:1 pseudo to I2, and had success with a 48 hour reflux. This ratio leaves no margin for error. These reactions usually leave a very little bit of rubbery reddish residue that does not act like red phosphourous anymore. I have also done reactions at that ratio with fresh lgrP and had them complete successfully, leaving the same small bit of reddish, rubbery residue. If I have additional red phos I will add a little more to the reaction to assure myself I have enough, but I have reduced the amount of red P in my wet refluxes to nearer the molar amount needed without ill effects.

gluecifer69

Take heed of Geez's message
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2003, 08:42:00 AM »
Words of wisdom about rp, from Geez.  True, gray is a bad color for red(?), well rp. Swim always ups the wieght of the mbrp after one run.  Most uses of mbrp swim ever seen was suprise 5!  However as Geez said there is nothing like fresh mbrp.  When properly cleaned swim has brought ratios down to .5:1 (rp/e).   Swim has found that on second and third runs the weight of mbrp needs to bee upped to at least three quarters of the weight of E.  Swim has never seen excess red hurt a rxn.

geezmeister

using up rP
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2003, 09:46:00 AM »
How much redP is consumed in a reaction is not so much a function of how much pseudo is reacted as much as it is a function of how much I2 is added. It is the free I2 that uses the redP up making HI. You will use up redP making HI whether you add ever add pseudo or not. The amount will be affected by how much I2 is returned to the mix after the pseudo is reduced, and is available for recycling.  Excess I2 not only limits yields, it increases the risk of byproducts AND consumes more red P.

isopropylcumshot

Grey don't = dead.. & Testing RP's reactability
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2003, 11:49:00 AM »
OK as Ware replied:

If speaking of RP that has been through a reaction !!
-  the greyness could be caused by ' wax's and plastic's ' that were not completelty removed from the Pill based feedstock. 
- In this case the RP may be perfectly fine: it simply needs to be cleaned.

RE Testing the reactability of RP:

This bee has rarely found this to be necessary; however,
a NEWBEE unsure of things could easily test the RP a couple of ways,,,, 

and only after one is able to rinse the RP, with
'ISO or Acetone', & then decant the 'rinse solvent' and
Having the following be true:

A. The decanted rinse solvent is clear of Crap, Color
      and Glues. Glues can sometimes be felt between
      2 fingers as sticky, as the solvent evaps.

B. Upon drying completely the rinsed RP:
      - does not stick together as clumps, especially 
        rubbery chunks.
      - Redilly achieves a baby powder consistancy.

THEN one might test the RP by:

- Carefully mixing a Milligram qty of RP(200-500) with an
  equal amount of Iodine and if necessary add the smallest
  possibe amount of H2O, perhaps mist with a sprayer.

- If Freebase Pseudo is availabe, the above test with an
  equal abount of FB Pseudo added and no H2O added, will
  redilly react.

- Infact if all of regants are clean, the mix will most
  likely spontaneously ignite and become a swilring puddle
  of fireball.

- Carefully mixing a mg qty of RP with an equal amount of
  KMnO4 ( Potassium Permaganate ) if the RP's clean, the 
  mix will go poof !

I survived an instant COMA
Bourn Again NiceGuy