Author Topic: Lithium batteries in Oz  (Read 3382 times)

placebo

Lithium batteries in Oz
« on: September 07, 2004, 12:12:00 PM »
To any Australian bees out there. What particular batteries are a good source of lithium. Non-obvious sources are welcome, i.e. mobile phone or some shit etc, welcome.

Only experienced bees need apply!

ozmosis

"Lithium batteries in Oz"
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »
Li batteries are available from both our big supermarket's in the battery section and are silver/blue in colour and are friggin expensive~$12 for 2 aa
With al due respect placebo, surely you can source these metals.
If it is the birch u wish to dive into, pm me i may bee able to help.

p2e3r4f5e6c7t8

eehheemmmm
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 02:51:00 PM »
Helloo cebo, Long time no see cranky ass :P
Anyway as im pretty sure your not dumb when it come's to sourcing things, Im sure you had something to say about Mr_Clean's Birch method were he or someone else mentionedĀ  one of the most popular brands of AA lithium battries, Look for the good old ENE@#%*ER brand ;) .
It just see's like an out of the ordanary question for you cebo :-[

wareami

On Sourcing....
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 03:27:00 PM »
Good to see ya Placebo!

And good to see you as well p2e3r4f5e6c7t8:
I know you've been out of the loop for a while so I'll include this in case you might have missed it. This way you can edit you're post accordingly!
Okies?

Unob wrote in the Sticky above:

Post 503458

(Unobtainium: "Attention dumbasses of the stimulants forum", Stimulants)

No sources means NO FUCKING SOURCES. That does not mean you can just type the name of a source and asterik out two letters and think no one knows what the fuck you're talking about. If I write Micr*s*ft you all know I mean Microsoft.

I puposely left out unob's other terms of endearment that complete that quoted paragraph so the outsiders don't get their feelings hurt.
But for those of us considered HiveFamily and since he loves us so much I'll include it here... :P
"You clueless fuckheads aren't fooling anyone." :)

There now!
At least we aren't clueless fuckheads anymore...
We're just adorable ordinary fuckheads! 8)

placebo

Sorry
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 09:34:00 AM »
Sorry, I should have worded that better, I have experience with Na in a birch, but due to a lack of it ATM, I was contemplating Li, hence the batteries.

I am not looking for a source per se of batteries, but the best source of Li. I can source those expensive little fuckers that are blue and silver easy. But was curious as to whether that is what other Ozzie birch bees use? Or if their are better sources of lithium in some obscure use. PM if you like.

p2e3r4f5e6c7t8

owell
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »
Swip dosent realy know of any other things besides batteries cebo.

And i wont edit wareami, Dam your picky :P

Shane_Warne

placebo you could test the product of anĀ ...
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »
placebo you could test the product of an electrolysis of LiCl in acetone (pyrodine is supposedly better), with NH3.

LiCO3 (to prepare LiCl) is easily found, PM me for the types of places if you don't know.

just Fe/carbon/steel electrodes too.  :)

Lithium cannot be obtained by the electrolysis of aq. soln. of its salts, but L. Kahlenberg obtained it by the electrolysis of soln. of the chloride (Reference 1) in pyridine, acetone, or in various alcohols. Silvery white lithium obtained from a conc. soln. of lithium chloride in pyridine at the room temp. using a graphite plate as anode, and an iron plate as cathode with 0.2 to 0.3 amp. per 100 sq. cm. of cathode surface, and a potential difference of 14 volts.
(Reference 1) S. von Laszczynsky, Organische Flussigkeiten als Losungsmittel fur anorganische Saltz, Berlin, 1894 ; Ber., 27. 2285, 1894 ; Zeit. Elektrochem., 2. 55, 1895 ; S. von Laszczynsky and St. von Gorsky, ib., 4. 290, 1898 ; L. Kahlenberg, Journ. Phys. Chem., 3. 601, 1899 ; H. C. Patten and W. R. Mott, ib., 8. 153, 1904

More discussion

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=1974