Author Topic: Wrong turn on the road to meth!  (Read 11524 times)

Newton

Smoking fb
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2004, 07:48:00 AM »
Would inhaling the pure freebase vapor tend to give one "fish breath" when directly afterwards performing an act such as kissing?

Well, smoking the freebase has been tried by SWIN through different routes, but has been abandoned completely because of the awful taste and stinging pain it causes.

Check out the following posts (and followups) on that:

Post 456453 (missing)

(Newton: "Re: Wouldnt the hcl be quite caustic to your...", Stimulants)

Post 458859 (missing)

(Newton: "SWIN mixed the Meth.HCl with sodium ...", Stimulants)

The fishy smell is a common property of many amines, but vaporating a single drop of meth(fb) did not give off any noticeable smell.

ChemoSabe

Place Your Wagers
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2004, 08:39:00 AM »
It's somewhat interesting that rhodium noted no form of discomfort in his own posts in comparison to Sir Isaac's.

I sense somewhat of an impliction of the reverse of discomfort from rhodium's accounts. But I have little doubt that his samples were quite clean and pure and it would have been an interesting excercise to somehow be able to do a side by side Newton/Rhodium comparison in purity test.

I remain absolutely convinved that to make a bicarbonate "meth-crack" is one of the dumbest things one could do with some pure meth freebase.

callen

Hello!...Can you Here Me Now?
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »
My friend A.L.F. was tweaking around the neighborhood the other day...I guess all that hikeing made It thirsty and so...where to go for a cool one and an opportunity to tell of days past and of it's adventures...circa.Oh, I know...to my Neighbor's house.He's always open.Well...after popping our tops, we perused some posts on the Hive, and It just had to respond. A.L.F. sezs,"Colloidal Suspensions...particles freely suspended in a fluid medium...that's the problem.The 'particles' are bubbles of the basic aqueous solution that are suspended in the NP solvent layer.This creates a problem when you try to syphon off the NP layer...the bubbles come along with the NP, unless you are very careful.Screwing up the extraction...What to do?Oh...I know. During the 21-year course of my adventuring in the 'Altered Universe' of ' Meth and How to Manufacture It for Fun and Profit'...one very simple remedy stands out...filter the shit through a prewetted coffee filter...Duh? Did I read that right? Yes...you did.Just like Homogenizeing raw milk. As the emulsion passes through the filter medium...the individual bubbles coalesce into one homogenous fluid. Now will be present, two separate layers of liquid...the one will be the aqueous layer, and the other will be the Np layer. A very little emulsion may still be present. Syphon off what Np that you can ...add Np solvent...shake and filter again.Oh...NO!, you say ...Why not? The solutions are going to be filtered again anyway.And you will again get a clear layer of Np to syphon off.Add all the syphonings together...add dH20 to the Np, about one fourth of the volume of the Np... add 4-drops of HCL. per 1-gram of expected Sudo- or Ephy. Hcl. that you expect to recover. to this mixture, and shake again...if you get an 'EMULSION'...simply filter it through a prewetted coffee filter.Syphon off the aqueous layer, depositing the AQ liquid into an "evaporating dish" of some kind.Evaporate over low heat...slowly...150*-F. is good...have a fan on low blowing a gentle breeze over the open dish. After awhile...XTAL PINWHEELS will result. ..Carry on...And watch out for them Damn Katz!" :)

SHORTY

NEVER AGAIN!
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2004, 04:33:00 PM »
Now i know why i hadn't tried smoking the fb meth.  I put a drop of it in my pipe and just as stated above, it tasted like shit and burned the hell outta my throat. 

As far as Rhodiums suggestion, i don't think he has every actually tried it since he is not a meth user.

Rhodium

I'm not making things up
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »
I have actually done it without much discomfort (not worse than any other smokable drug), but it might have been due to me only  trying it with 10-15mg or so, your doses are likely higher...

SHORTY

Wasn't implying that you made it up...
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2004, 08:08:00 PM »
I just remembered you once said that you made a gram of meth once and it lasted you a year or something like that and assumed that you weren't a regular user.  Yes, 10 to 15mg is alot less than what i tried. Not to mention that yours was probably cleaner than mine.

Did it have any effect?

Rhodium

Smoked meth
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2004, 11:11:00 PM »
Sure, but I don't really like the effects of it smoked - too much of a buzz/high, and less initiative/productivity.

ChemoSabe

Sometimes High + Work Don't Mix
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2004, 04:37:00 AM »
If justification of meth use is based upon desired high levels of general productivity it often seems that methods of ingestion prone to making one feel "high" can often prove to be distracting to ones overall productivity/performance rate/levels. Thusly somewhat negating the initial effects one sought to achieve. (or at least claimed to)

It appears that in most or at least many individuals that administration by the route of vaporizing/smoking of meth tends to lean towards the "makes you feel high" end of the spectrum as opposed to the "makes you feel like getting your butt in gear on some form of study/project" region of effects.

Unless of course that study/project would happen to be some form of physical sex and if that is the case you may as well throw any other form of real progress or productivity straight out the window.  8)

Newton

to make a bicarbonate "meth-crack"...
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2004, 09:57:00 AM »
to make a bicarbonate "meth-crack" is one of the dumbest things one could do with some pure meth freebase

SWIN would suggest that Mr. Chemosabe reads the corresponding threads before posting. HINT: there is no need for bicarbonate if the meth already is in freebase form.

It's somewhat interesting that rhodium noted no form of discomfort in his own posts in comparison to Sir Isaac's.

Try what with your own stuff, and then report back. Before that, you had better be quiet than questioning the purity of SWIN's gear.

fierceness

Simple solution: Add some water to dissolve...
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2004, 05:01:00 PM »
Simple solution:  Add some water to dissolve all the NaOH, sodium thiosulfate (to get rid of the I2), and steam distill.  The sodium thiosulfate may be skipped, but your yield will go down a bit.

ChemoSabe

Based on having read more than just that ...
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2004, 06:39:00 PM »
Based on having read more than just that thread I wrote to make a bicarbonate "meth-crack" is one of the dumbest things one could do with some pure meth freebase

SWIN would suggest that Mr. Chemosabe reads the corresponding threads before posting. HINT: there is no need for
   bicarbonate if the meth already is in freebase form.

That's exactly what I was saying too only in slighty different words. And my comment was of a general nature and did not refer to you specifically or generally in any way so sorry if you thought it may have.
--------------------------------------

Try what with your own stuff, and then report back. Before that, you had better be quiet than questioning the purity of
   SWIN's gear.
----------------------------------------------

Sorry again and with the confidence with which you speak of the purity your own FB I now have litlle doubt that it would be equal to if not better than Rhodiums in purity. I was just trying to get at a possible reason of the variance in the reported vaporizing experiences of the two separate batches. By default I assumed Rhodiums would possibly be the cleaner of the two but I now stand corrected.

It may just be that Rhodium isn't phased by what repulses others concerning vaporized freebase. I was once told by a nurse , when being given some form of orally administered pharmaceutical grade potassium compound solution, that it was going to taste awful but once I got some in my mouth I thought it tasted great much to the shock of the nurse. So I now suspect something similar might be going on here.

And sorry again if you interpreted anything I said as some sort of insult to you. None of it was intended as such and this should serve as a reminder to myself to watch my use of words more carefully when speaking with individuals who I'm less familiar with.