Author Topic: Yellow go-go ?  (Read 6363 times)

Ondatom

Yellow go-go ?
« on: May 18, 2004, 08:01:00 PM »
A friend of mine recently aqquired some meth that is very Yellowish in appearance, and as well as it living up to all expectations one could have about meth except for the fact that it when smoked it has a very strong taste ,almost like a sweet chemical sought of taste (if there is such a thing) someone suggested that it was probable that it had been pure amphetamine converted to meth(due to large amount of bikies in swix's part of the world, this seemed reasonable) but swim seems more to think that it is more likely some sort of leftover Gak that was not cleaned properly in the pill stage. This is not the first time i have seen such meth as im sure any other Oz bee's would have seen this too. Anyone who could offer any answers to such vague info would be appreciated .thanks

ApprenticeCook

Re: pure amphetamine converted to meth??
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »

pure amphetamine converted to meth

?? huh... what do you mean by this?

leftover Gak that was not cleaned properly in the pill stage.

Maybe, but most crap stops it being made in the first place.... you probably better to re-crystalise it... look on rhodiums site for info how to do this... the yellow is more than likely left over shit from rxn..

unionpacific

hcl
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 10:57:00 PM »
Sounds over-acidified, and/or cut.

sublevel

the yellow
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 12:16:00 AM »
the go go that is yellow have seen it in OZ
it has the smell of reaction fluid before it is based and is slightly moist most of the time

I had always thought that it was reaction fluid filtered of RP then evapped for crude salt

Just an opinion, but it is very dirty gear so be careful

ChemoSabe

Are Ya Yellah?
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 12:44:00 AM »
If it's over acidified this can easily bee removed by placing the stuff in an unbleached coffee filter and then pouring a small quantity of chilled acetone over it and gently swishing it back and forth as the acetone drains throught the filter.

Save the acetone and evaporate later on a rainy day for a dirty bump or two.

For a real improvement to the street garbage see this thread and follow the links to the worlock thread.

Post 483474

(ChemoSabe: "Shard Garden", Stimulants)

DrLucifer

Yellow meth.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 01:36:00 AM »
Swim once aquired some yellow sludge and it was putrid gear!!
Swim experienced a very dirty jolt upon injection of 250mg, but it was quite a strong high. However,it made swim ill the next day and he was really scattered!
Take it from me mate, you want to steer clear of that shit, find something better!!  ::)
I suspect an acetone rinse may solve the colour but it wont reverse careless production and dirty precursors!!

CharlieBigpotato

an anecdote on yellow:
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 05:39:00 AM »
excess hcl is the obvious answer, and easy to remove...however, swim once dreamt of some pristine gear that was absolutely sparkling, and put it into a tiny zip-lok baggie, and it started to get yellow over the course of a few days.
after about a week, it was extremely yellow!
didn't effect the quality at all, yet swim remains baffled as to what had occurred, and never saw a repeat performance.

had to assume it was something in the plastic bag that caused it.

Ondatom

is over acidifying the reason behind the ...
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2004, 07:44:00 AM »
is over acidifying the reason behind the strong taste too ? and will an acetone rinse rid it ? cause the taste is the real killer ,the looks i can handle . thanks for the info so far everyone

ordinaryguy

yellow jaz
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2004, 08:16:00 AM »
either too much hcl vapor was passed through the np/freebase solution or during titriation too much hcl was added dropwise. one solution would be to dissolve in alchohol then evaporate with a acetone crash and recrystallize but a little yellow in my opinion is typically ok. if it doesn't leave a heavy residue in the pipe I wouldn't be too concerned. this is refered to as over-gas in my neck of the woods. good luck

Ondatom

swim just gave it a cold acetone rinse and...
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 10:11:00 AM »
swim just gave it a cold acetone rinse and watched as the yellow washed away... swim's go-go is now just off-white . Cant get a pipe till morning but swim is praying the taste went with the yellow.

Aurelius

Acetone
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »
Do a second rinse for purity- usually one is enough- but that's only done if the crystals were white to begin with.  Then -make sure- you've completely dried your product before use. If you have access to a vacuum pump- dry under vacuum for 1-3 hours. (consistent weight)

place

Iodine
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »
AFAIK will GoGo which not have been cleaned properly turn yellow. Also, wouldn't idoephedrine turn yellow after a while when exsposed to air?

Aurelius

purity
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »
If you want clean material- freebase, use column chromatography to separate the components (also gives several usable precursors from the byproducts), then recrystallize from methanol or ethanol- let dry overnight (or a couple hours if under vacuum).

xaja

Jesus Christ
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »
You don't need to get carried away with this. Just do what ChemoSabe said, coffee filter + acetone. Air dry for 10mins, fuck the vacuum pump.

If you want to err on the side of caution, dry the acetone first with epsom salts (UTFSE for how to do this).

peregrine

Never had a problem here
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »
I've had yellow meth on many occasions and it seemed alright to me.But then again I don't smoke the shit.Some of the best stuff I had was yellow.

ChemoSabe

If it ain't white
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2004, 11:25:00 PM »
I'd also say that Worlock's newbee friendly recryst recipe is only recommended if you've at least got a gram of material to work with. If the shit is cut (and if it came from the streets it alsmost surely is) you're going see a marked drop in what you get back from it so you may be disappointed at the quantity but you won't complain about the quality.

The mistake most make when first trying this recipe initially is adding too much alcohol so it pays off to not put all your gear in at the start but so save a bit to add after you're certain the alcohol balance is correct. If you way overshoot the amount of alc usually it's best to evaporate the whole thing in a bake dish and start again. Trying to boil it down often doesn't work becasue the acetone will evap first but most of the acl will stay til the end.

If you read the whole thread

Post 235464 (missing)

(Worlock: "Re: ReCrystalizing Chilli", Stimulants)
you'll see that Worlock was helping out in a case similar to your own.

Don't read anything racist into this but Jacked used to have a saying concerning clean gear that went "if it ain't white it ain't right"

Aurelius

Pictures
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2004, 04:01:00 AM »
Have you seen his gear though?  I like clean stuff, but wow!

Ondatom

the first rinse initialy did wonders but
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2004, 10:38:00 AM »
Swim found he was losing a bit of wait so he kept using the same acetone(so he would have less to evap at the end) on each group of rinses(total amount to be rinsed was seperated into 5 even amounts) Was fresh acetone needed for each one ? and will the meth benefit from a second rinse ?

ChemoSabe

Fresh, Cold Acetone - Rinse 'til it's White
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »
It's a better bet to always use fresh tone.

If it's still yellow then rinse again as needed.

It usually doesn't take a lot of acetone. Swish around small amounts rather than flood it.

Dries nicely by folding over the top of the filter with a good crease and then blow dry with hair dryer.

Don't throw out the used tone though. It's carrying a small degree of goods.

Red_Crown

Acetone's own
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2004, 11:55:00 AM »
While on the topic..

Does anyone know what sorts of impurities acetone typically contains? 

Reducing >200mL of it after psycho-serial washings (for 'floaters') yielded orange gaak-looking crap that smelled like used car tires-- even slightly sulfurous.. But now it is noticed that even unused acetone has this aroma.  The reduction of such smaller quantities only leaves little white outlines and a little liquid assumed to be water-- far short of orange sludge.

Anyhoo, Is this normal?  What sorts of trace oils/minerals could there be in such assetone?

amalgum

I've never seen the orange crap, but every...
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2004, 04:01:00 PM »
I've never seen the orange crap, but every thing else you said I've seen (that weird smell, the white rings).

Ondatom

well the shit certainly is white now but....
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2004, 07:43:00 AM »
the taste remains, all though it is weaker its sill strong enough to remain an issue.. Next step swim tried recystalizing by dissolving in hot Dh20 ... so far a few decent sized shanties have shown up with what seems to be promising results for the taste but still waiting on most of it to still re-x out of the Dh20 as it evaps. Is there any advice on something swim should be doing better then now? thanks...
ps - swim found that from succesive washes in cold acetone(swims shit needed more then the initially rinse) he actually lost quite a large amount of wait into the acetone, is swim better to leave the acetone out to evap on its own or evap himself on a hot plate till skin then add some iso or denatured and put in freezer then harvest and rinse and so on and so on .

Red_Crown

Mind the water
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2004, 03:31:00 PM »
What sort of taste is it?     If its a taste approximately of "ass" or like peanut butter, that would be epsom salts. If you used them to dry your acetone you didn't dry it enough and/or filter it properly.

If there is free water in yer acetone and you've put dehydrated epsoms in there - but not enough to remove the water - they will have become hydrated, then dissolved in remaining free water and still miscible with the acetone.  Make sure when ya nuke or bake the salts, that you use the hard "chunks" and not the fine powder.

This would help explain what you see as the substantial losses to rinsing. Always keep your rinse acetone either way.

CharlieBigpotato

" i can't beelieve its not ass"
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2004, 08:13:00 PM »
so

MgSO4 (septa hydrate) tastes like ass?

god damn

this is big news

Red_Crown

haha
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »
Actually, what I should have said was:

"The taste/smell of vaporized meth contaminated with epsom salts is reminiscent of peanut butter - nonetheless, an unsettling flavor to be inhaling."

Ondatom

the taste was present prior to the acetone...
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2004, 11:49:00 PM »
the taste was present prior to the acetone rinsing.. um arr .. couldnt really explain it yet to say its a kinda sweet chemical taste(if there is such a thing) anyway i think recrystalizing solved that. keeping in mind the shit has been cut, is dissolving in hot dh20 and leaving to evap over a couple of days ok to recrystalize or should i think about a dual solvent re-x and is another acetone rinse needed after crystals are formed?

kris_1108

Powdery?
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2004, 12:32:00 AM »
Make sure when ya nuke or bake the salts, that you use the hard "chunks" and not the fine powder

AAAAARGH! ARE YOU SURE? Swik has been using the fine powdery shit! I mean, REALLY FINE! Is there really that much of a difference?

Osmium

> REALLY FINE! Is there really that much of
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2004, 04:33:00 AM »
> REALLY FINE! Is there really that much of a difference?

I always used fine too, it is much more efficient than the big chunks. But I have access to real filtration equipment.

Red_Crown

?
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2004, 05:30:00 AM »
I'd been led to believe that the fine particles of powder were 'no good' from somewhere here on the Hive.. plus, I say so having used only the 'fine' before myself and then detecting it in the 'rinsed' product (although that may have been a fluke).

If one were to incompletely dry the epsom salts, which of the two (powder or chunk) would hypothetically be the drier? I mean: What would be the reason for either?  

If dried via microwave, methinks it would be reasonable to assume whichever form turned up first in the most center of the dish would be the one..

Ondatom

still F*%$en unbearable
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2004, 09:53:00 PM »
as while this post was written by me about six weeks ago i was distracted by another small project so this one went into the hole until i had the time. i know have the time. we previously discussed washing in acetone to remove the yellow and what not . the yellow is gone but the taste of this oily meth remains as potent as before. to give a everyone an idea of how bad it is swim can say that when mates have come over looking to score a free smoke , swim has not even been able to give this one away , thats pretty bad especially when im talking about mates that pretty much smoke pure msm if i told them it was pure meth and thats why it doesnt blow clouds cause its so clean. if anything the only thing i have noticed does a small amount of good was boiling it off in some hot dh20.. please any advice would be greatly appreciated as a decent amount is involved and swim is now considering filling his hole with cement .

ChemoSabe

ReX it or re A/B it!
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2004, 09:58:00 PM »
If you only tone washed it proceed to a reX.

The advice previously given wasn't for nothing. (but it was given free of charge) All the links/info you need to do the easiest reX in the universe is contained within the thread.

There's really no way we can know what's in it if you bought the shit off the street.