Author Topic: Yellow go-go ?  (Read 6362 times)

amalgum

I've never seen the orange crap, but every...
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2004, 04:01:00 PM »
I've never seen the orange crap, but every thing else you said I've seen (that weird smell, the white rings).

Ondatom

well the shit certainly is white now but....
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2004, 07:43:00 AM »
the taste remains, all though it is weaker its sill strong enough to remain an issue.. Next step swim tried recystalizing by dissolving in hot Dh20 ... so far a few decent sized shanties have shown up with what seems to be promising results for the taste but still waiting on most of it to still re-x out of the Dh20 as it evaps. Is there any advice on something swim should be doing better then now? thanks...
ps - swim found that from succesive washes in cold acetone(swims shit needed more then the initially rinse) he actually lost quite a large amount of wait into the acetone, is swim better to leave the acetone out to evap on its own or evap himself on a hot plate till skin then add some iso or denatured and put in freezer then harvest and rinse and so on and so on .

Red_Crown

Mind the water
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2004, 03:31:00 PM »
What sort of taste is it?     If its a taste approximately of "ass" or like peanut butter, that would be epsom salts. If you used them to dry your acetone you didn't dry it enough and/or filter it properly.

If there is free water in yer acetone and you've put dehydrated epsoms in there - but not enough to remove the water - they will have become hydrated, then dissolved in remaining free water and still miscible with the acetone.  Make sure when ya nuke or bake the salts, that you use the hard "chunks" and not the fine powder.

This would help explain what you see as the substantial losses to rinsing. Always keep your rinse acetone either way.

CharlieBigpotato

" i can't beelieve its not ass"
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2004, 08:13:00 PM »
so

MgSO4 (septa hydrate) tastes like ass?

god damn

this is big news

Red_Crown

haha
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »
Actually, what I should have said was:

"The taste/smell of vaporized meth contaminated with epsom salts is reminiscent of peanut butter - nonetheless, an unsettling flavor to be inhaling."

Ondatom

the taste was present prior to the acetone...
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2004, 11:49:00 PM »
the taste was present prior to the acetone rinsing.. um arr .. couldnt really explain it yet to say its a kinda sweet chemical taste(if there is such a thing) anyway i think recrystalizing solved that. keeping in mind the shit has been cut, is dissolving in hot dh20 and leaving to evap over a couple of days ok to recrystalize or should i think about a dual solvent re-x and is another acetone rinse needed after crystals are formed?

kris_1108

Powdery?
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2004, 12:32:00 AM »
Make sure when ya nuke or bake the salts, that you use the hard "chunks" and not the fine powder

AAAAARGH! ARE YOU SURE? Swik has been using the fine powdery shit! I mean, REALLY FINE! Is there really that much of a difference?

Osmium

> REALLY FINE! Is there really that much of
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2004, 04:33:00 AM »
> REALLY FINE! Is there really that much of a difference?

I always used fine too, it is much more efficient than the big chunks. But I have access to real filtration equipment.

Red_Crown

?
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2004, 05:30:00 AM »
I'd been led to believe that the fine particles of powder were 'no good' from somewhere here on the Hive.. plus, I say so having used only the 'fine' before myself and then detecting it in the 'rinsed' product (although that may have been a fluke).

If one were to incompletely dry the epsom salts, which of the two (powder or chunk) would hypothetically be the drier? I mean: What would be the reason for either?  

If dried via microwave, methinks it would be reasonable to assume whichever form turned up first in the most center of the dish would be the one..

Ondatom

still F*%$en unbearable
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2004, 09:53:00 PM »
as while this post was written by me about six weeks ago i was distracted by another small project so this one went into the hole until i had the time. i know have the time. we previously discussed washing in acetone to remove the yellow and what not . the yellow is gone but the taste of this oily meth remains as potent as before. to give a everyone an idea of how bad it is swim can say that when mates have come over looking to score a free smoke , swim has not even been able to give this one away , thats pretty bad especially when im talking about mates that pretty much smoke pure msm if i told them it was pure meth and thats why it doesnt blow clouds cause its so clean. if anything the only thing i have noticed does a small amount of good was boiling it off in some hot dh20.. please any advice would be greatly appreciated as a decent amount is involved and swim is now considering filling his hole with cement .

ChemoSabe

ReX it or re A/B it!
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2004, 09:58:00 PM »
If you only tone washed it proceed to a reX.

The advice previously given wasn't for nothing. (but it was given free of charge) All the links/info you need to do the easiest reX in the universe is contained within the thread.

There's really no way we can know what's in it if you bought the shit off the street.