The Hive > Tryptamine Chemistry

Indole Grignards

<< < (4/6) > >>

zed:
Funny you should mention that. I once synthesised a bunch of 2-Methyl-DET, via the Fischer Indole Synthesis, unfortunatly it seemed quite inactive.

Likewise, my hopeful comrades, made the 2-Methyl-DIPT, by another method... also inactive. Shulgin's findings were similar.

I don't know if any claims are made for 2-Methyl-DMT, but the rest of the series wasn't impressive. Something to consider before investing a lot of time and energy.

Also, Shulgin's Tikal reports on oral effects being...zippo. Effects via smoking also seem to be....zippo!

PolytheneSam:
After looking at that patent again I think they're using the Pd/C hydrogenation to remove the benzoyl group and not reducing the amide part.  See also example 4 on page 13 in Patent US5192770
http://www.geocities.com/dritte123/PSPF.html
The hardest thing to explain is the obvious

Rhodium:
Zed: 2-Methyl-DMT gets an unusual review in Tihkal:

(with 120 mg, orally) "There is as much to be said for what didn't happen as for what did. No visual changes. No cloudiness of the thought processes. No motor impairment what-so-ever. There was some down-shifting of music, with some distortion, which was overall more annoying than interesting. But I am glad I am alone because I cannot wear clothing. Anything touching the skin makes all my hair stand on end. The erection of my nipples is almost painful. Exploring sexual stimulation is seemed a little dangerous but explored anyway. The climax was disappointing. Too much activity of a slightly scary sort. Never again at this level.

zed:
Sounds very similiar to my early experiences with Catholicism.....Not fun!

Also, sounds like the several ounces now in existance, will be sufficient to meet world demand for the next hundred years or so. Too bad! Easy to make! The Fischer is a cakewalk.

Rhodium:
Post 397806 (missing) (Aurelius: "US patent 1793176  Tryptamines through grignards", General Discourse)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version