The Hive > Tryptamine Chemistry

why use a solvent at all?

<< < (4/4)

Lilienthal:
You have to DISSOLVE the hydrate, nobody was talking about immersing a solide  ::)

indole_amine:

wyndowlicker:
HEy now,

I'll make this simple.

In situ: Drying LSA in solvent with mole seives.

I'm aware of the normal drying in dissector over drying agents of various types.And/or using a vac oven at a low 45C under hard vacuum.This may or may not be an effective enough way to remove the water molecule.

Question #1 is while using a particulular coupling agent that requires bone dry LSA would drying in a variety of different solvents with mole seives as a drying agent to remove trace H20 be signifficantly effective?Yes or NO?

Question#2 From experience obly who can answer if the drying at 45C for several hours will be effective to aquire bone dry conditions? Yes or no.And why if you have some practical experience.
:P

timnickbear:
Presumably foaf is going to make LSD out of the Lysergic Acid Hydrate.  I believe that most synthesis' use Lysergic Acid Monohydrate as the precursor, however by taking the Lysergic Acid Hydrate you could heat the composition up to it's MP over a series of tempature raises(if purification is needed) and condense with DEA in a reflux setup.

Hieroclasm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version