The Hive > Tryptamine Chemistry

DMT. NaBH4reduction

<< < (2/2)

indole_amine:
Tetrahydro-beta-carbolines, Potential Neuroactive Alkaloids, in Chocolate and Cocoa

(Tomas Herraiz; J. Agric. Food Chem. 2000, 48 (10)(4900-4904))

Abstract
Tetrahydro-beta-carbolines (THbCs), potential neuroactive alkaloids, were found in chocolate and cocoa. 6-Hydroxy-1-methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-b-carboline (6OHMTHbC), 1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-b-carboline-3-carboxylic acid (THbCA), 1-methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-b-carboline-3-carboxylic acid (MTbCA) in both diastereoisomers (1S,3S and 1R,3S), and 1-methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-b-carboline (MTHbC), besides serotonin and tryptamine biogenic amines, were identified and quantified in dark chocolate, milk chocolate, cocoa, and chocolate-containing cereals by RP-HPLC-fluorescence and HPLC-MS. For each THC, the concentration ranges were determined: 6OHMTbHC (0.16-3.92 g/g), THbCA (0.01-0.85 g/g), 1S,3S-MTbCA (0.35-2 g/g), 1R,3S-MTbCA (0.14-0.88 g/g), and MTbHC (nd-0.21 g/g). The highest content was generally found in chocolates and cocoas, but cereals containing chocolate also showed an appreciable amount of THbCs. The possible biological implications of this novel group of alkaloids in chocolate are discussed.

Identification and Occurrence of Tryptamine- and Tryptophan-Derived Tetrahydro--carbolines in Commercial Sausages

(Tomas Herraiz, Ekaterini Papavergou; . Agric. Food Chem. 2004, 52(9), (2652-2658))

Abstract
The identification and occurrence of tetrahydro--carbolines were studied in different kinds of commercial sausages including cooked, fresh, dry-fermented, and ripened sausages, such as salamis and Spanish chorizo, salchichon, fuet, and morcilla, both smoked and unsmoked(...)

:)

indole_amine

dimitry:
Hi,bees!
I accumulated several questions and answers for you. So then:
don't believe your product is very pure unless you were trying to smoke 50mg of the hydrochloride or fumarate salt which you'd have a hard time doing and at most achieve muted... .
I don't believe my product is very pure too, but i hoped to obtain 50% dmt in my final product. I made this syntesis several years ago, but i have recent report your colleagues which contain optimistic results. Do you saw that post:Post 500899 (koalaa: "Successful synthesis, reduced yields.", Tryptamine Chemistry)?(But i dont undestand why authors added formalin and borohydryd so quikly: 2-7 minuts. May be 30-60min will give better results.).This reaction may have optimal conditions for receipt dmt.
affects of DMT which you described above sounds like 10mg inhaled
I am not very eloquent,for english especially.
I'm sure that the main product will always be the cyclized tetrahydro-beta-carbolineI must have posted that about hundred times on this board...   
Do You have investigations of kinetic that reaction? Speed of reaction ciclisation much more then speed of reduction aldimine?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version