The Hive > Chemicals & Equipment

Ain't got it! Pawn it!

(1/2) > >>

Goodtimes:
Haven't seen it mentioned here before, although I am sure it has been.  A friend noticed a not so hard to find but expensive item that can be aquired reasonablly.  Balances!!

He travels a lot, and takes his time looking at various pawn shops for good buys.  He informed me that you would not believe how many balances that can be found..  He recently stated that he saw a "professional balance" that measured in mg's for $150!!  Fuck, that beats some of those $500 dollar prices for nice balances....

Any idea how to check the accuracy of such balances easily??  Besides a weight set smartass.. 

Heard the weight of a standard nickle, but don't remember and lazyyyy.....

Have a Goodtimetm
"The gods are too fond of a joke."  (Aristotle)

PoohBear4Ever:
http://www.discoverabroad.com/US/LivingAbroad/money/USCoinage.htm

"Nickel:
Value: Five cents
Pictures on both side of the coins:  Jefferson and Monticello
Standard weight: 5.0 grams 
Standard diameter: 0.835 in. or 21.21 mm 
Thickness: 1.95 mm 
Edge: Smooth"

Exactly five grams!  :)

PB
It's not at the bottom, and it's not at the top, but this is the stair where I always stop.

b159510:
So, you're telling us that balances can be found in pawn shops? Your pXXXXXs must be real ****** proud of you.

:-[  ok, just kidding. thanks for the tip. way to be
on the lookout. good job agent 000.
Back to the Primitive

Chromic:
And seeing as our Canadian currency is worth less (worthless?), it also weighs less...  nickel weighs in at only 4.64g (quarter 5.06g, loonie 6.88g, dime 2.06g, penny 2.49g, bills 1.05g). (all measured with an analytical balance, weights usually varied +-10mg, so these are the averages)

cheeseboy:
And a gram of weed at "Pigeon Park" weighs .6gm or less. LOL
May The Source Bee With Yous

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version