The Hive > Stimulants

Fucked up ephedra steam extraction

<< < (3/3)

place:
When using E from ephedra 8%, is the portions so still 1:1:1/3, I:E:rP?

dwarfer:
Post 488247 (dwarfer: "The DwarJet: a superheated steam extractor", Stimulants)

except have two internal flasks.  one with the ephedra material in strongly basic water, with the "steam in"
glass tube to beneath the water level near the bottom

and the output short tube connected to another identical
flask set up that is empty.  the second flask has it's output directe to the needle valve.

the only use for the second flask is to catch "burps" or foam that might otherwise mess up the works.

Usually, you can forget about it.   Your steam thruput
can be maintained at a fairly lo level without sacrificing steam-extraction efficiency, as compared to other designs
which require balls-to-the walls process speeds since their
mechanisms are radiating heat to the environment at a
prodigious rate. 

Because the entire device is inside the PC, you can go slowly enough to not have foam or splashes cause a problem.

Weight the flasks or elevate them so they won't float...

=============

I gotta take some more pictures.. :(

CooksHelper:
Would simple methanol extract then using 1/3 sodium carbonate with 2/3 koh using 50grams powdered mu Huang in 400 mills dh20 allowed by use of somewhat dwarjet design just using one of household steamers  instead of pressure cooker (awesome ideas from both dwarfer and biotech mentioning the household steamer for I just so had one so with one failed attempt here comes the glass) this in a 1000 ml 2 ltr rbf run through simple distill for 1.5 hrs first 30 minutes at 95c then over hour allowing  slow  never allowing more than 135c if possible to 150c at a period of 5 if reaches that high of degree then allowing to cool t al clear and save redistilling previous by just read a simple a/b in said case using leftovers and slight amt fresh sodium carbonate mand koh to see if all was extracted ....... Ty guys u are intelligent awesome men

Tsathoggua:
Simply powdered ma huang? or that dark extract stuff? the latter is a total wanker to deal with.

And as far as PH meters go, a perfectly decent one with a glass electrode can be had at auction online for next to nothing. Tsath's old one came from china. He needs a new one though, after something ate the electrode.

For purified isolates still full of muck, sublimation in vacuo onto a coldfinger,( or kugelrohr distillation, bulb-to bulb short path distillation) of the base, of the contaminated yield of eph/phed/noreph/norpfed after removing the remaining water in a dessicator

ricky:
A pH of 14 is insane. Since amine groups are basic, a pH of 12 or so should be sufficient. A pH of 14 would be 100X this. I'm not sure what pH may cause oxidative problems i.e. deamination. For acid when protonating the amine, a neutral pH is enough.

From the OP (I know it is old) it almost seems like it might have worked in the first place. You would probably obtain an aqueous solution; due to the extra OH group and subsequent H-bonding and charge distribution, the freebase might be too soluble in polar solution to crash it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version