The Hive > Stimulants

A different type of matchbox striker

(1/3) > >>

IceHomer:
I picked up a brand of matchboxes (rhymes with "Dead Turd", here in Canada) with two large striker strips on each side of the box (they are wooden matches). The strikers are made of red dots (kind of like enlarged half-tone pixels), but they don't come off when soaked in acetone. Has anyone had any experience with this, or should I just forget about the whole thing? I don't think there would be very much RP in them anyway, but decided to give it a try.

Thanks...

wareami:
Denatured Alcohol alone or use a 30%tone 70%denat mix.
•First soak for 2 minutes.
•Scrape of red.
•Then break UP the dots.
•Several rinses, decant and discard the liquid after each rinse.
Peace of the reaction

Have FUN-Bee SAFE

peregrine:
I don't know if you mean the big box or not but I've found box strikers to end up costing too much.I don't know what you can get up there but your best bet is to buy bulk paper matches.You can get 14-16g of r.p from a case of paper matches and pay $25-$30.Look on line for a company in the N.E area and go with wareami's advice.Its a pain in the ass to cut all the stikers out but in no time you'll be able to do a whole case in one nite.Also if you use TFSE you'll find more advice than you can shake a stick match at.

IceHomer:
So I'd have to scrape the RP off the strikers? No thanks! I think I'll stick to the ol' "RP/SS" method: RIP, PULL, SNIP & SOAK.

Your help is appreciated!

SQUIDIPPY:
Trust S/D on this one. He's tried every concievable method of processing M/B's. And while not all agree on the choice of chems to use, all with experience, agree that shuck and cut is the best way.

Now quit starting MB/RP threads, and start shucking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version