Author Topic: Safrol content >94%, distill anyway?  (Read 1413 times)

tkalsber1

Safrol content >94%, distill anyway?
« on: December 27, 2003, 09:42:00 AM »
Hi! I got some very expensive sassafras oil which has a safrole content >94%. Do i have to distill this oil to purify it or can i exclude this step? What will happen, if i use this undistilled oil in BS's Wacker method ?
Thanx

Bond_DoubleBond

if you've taken this whole thing seriously,...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 09:50:00 AM »
if you've taken this whole thing seriously, then you already have a vacuum distillation setup, so go ahead and fucking distill it.  shit, you don't even need a vac source for distilling sassy.  you're talking about drastically reducing ketone yeild simply by not taking a couple of hours to do it right.  sassy is gold, and should be treated as such.

shortcuts in clandestine chemistry by the inexperienced will only cause wasted precursors, wasted time, and lots of fucking frustration.

homeslice

definately distill
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 10:04:00 AM »
If you dont distill and you fuck up your wacker, how is anyone going to help you? And swims not sure where your gettin your sassy, but swims having a hard time finding more, and your thinking about taking a risk and fucking it all up to skip an EASY step?!
And how do you know its 94%>? Did you make it? I can't really see why a company would advertise a high safrole content?
Would there be some benefit, for legit use of sassy, to having sassy with a higher safrole content?

baalchemist

"I can't really see why a company would...
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 03:28:00 PM »
"I can't really see why a company would advertise a high safrole content?" He didnt say that was how it was advertised, Can you read simple shit and comprehend it correctly or just shut the fuck up and go give yourself an enema.  He asked a respectable fuckin question that deserves an answer....... Now to answer this bee's question; No you don't have to distill that particular oil. Freeze purification will work just fine. Baal has a few gallons of that same type of sassy, and freezing works great on it without any troubles. I wouldnt reccommend that for ALL sassy oils, but that particular one it works just fine with. Thats more than likely 'Chinese sassy', seen it as high as 98%+ a couple years back. Its clear, water white, w/slight light refraction rainbows through it, ahhhhh very nice stuff indeed.

MDMA_AcTIvEsTS

Never take:
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2003, 10:41:00 PM »
Never take what the package states as gospal, as Bal suggested freeze the safrole out, and the IMHO i would also distil just for better purity, however each to their own the choice s yours!