Author Topic: Some LSD patents  (Read 2831 times)

Barium

Some LSD patents
« on: October 22, 2002, 08:47:00 AM »
Enjoy  ;)

Patent GB955227

Patent GB765042

Catalytic hydrogenation freak

ClearLight

how interesting,
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2002, 06:09:00 PM »
I just got the sigma brochure on safe phosphogenations, using a heating of diphosgene in the presence of a catalyst...
quite nice...

Infinite Radiant Light - THKRA

Veerle

Diphosgene
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2002, 03:59:00 PM »
Diphosgene is far from a safe compound.  It is a very noxious heavy liquid (density = 1.65 g / cm3), with a vapour pressure of 10 mm Hg at 20 °C.

It is produced by the photochlorination of
 ClCOOCH3 or HCOOCH3

Furthermore, it isn't a stable molecule: it tends to decompose into phosgene ... (Fe2O3 cathalyses the decomposition and I think also pyridine - if my memory serves me right).

Triphosgene is the safe alternative, since it is a crystalline compound (easy to work with) and the most important: it is stable.  One molecule of triphosgene is equivalent to three molecules of phosgene.  I used it once to make some isocyanate.

Why don't you use one of those fine coupling reagentia they use in peptide chemistry (TBTU, DCC, BOP, pyBOP, water soluble carbodiimide to name a few).  These reagents are far more convenient than those nasty phosgene compounds.

Veerle //

quixote

You mean the route for coupling using DCC ...
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2002, 08:21:00 PM »
You mean the route for coupling using DCC (carbodicyclohexylimide?) in the presence of  HOBt.

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/et2lsd.txt

Regentia is plural for reagent? Thats a new one on me.

Veerle

I didn't know that this file was available.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2002, 10:28:00 PM »
I didn't know that this file was available.  Yes, thats what I mean.

Reagentia is the plural for reagent in my language.  In English it is probably reagents.  But, this is not a linguistic forum, is it?

Veerle //

Oderint dum metuant. (chew on this, you linguists)

Lilienthal

Be VERY careful with diphosgene or triphosgene ...
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2002, 03:14:00 PM »
Be VERY careful with diphosgene or triphosgene They always decompose into phosgene in their container and under the reaction conditions. The same security measurements have to be used like with handling phosgene itself, e.g. using a good fumehood. The only advantage of diphosgene and triphosgene is that they are easier to handle as a liquid and a solid, respectively, compared to the gas phosgene.

Veerle

Lilienthal, I agree that diphosgene is a rather ...
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2002, 05:38:00 PM »
Lilienthal, I agree that diphosgene is a rather hazardous chemical.  But triphosgene is absolutely safe.  OK, you 'd better place the triphosgene flask in the fridge, but I NEVER had any problems with it when I did the reaction.  My advice would be: use triphosgene, don't mess with diphosgene & use only phosgene if you have an ABC (Atomic, Biologic & Chemical warfare) suit.  A good fumehood won't do, if you mess with phosgene.

ClearLight

phosgene...
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2002, 06:42:00 PM »

Yes, it was the premier war gas until mustard came along... long exposure, no symptoms, just makes cigarettes taste metallic...  very deadly at low levels... they used both di and tri phosgene in the apparatus..

Need a chem agent mask for this one though..

Infinite Radiant Light - THKRA

Lilienthal

pyBOP
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2002, 03:34:00 AM »
And back to the topic: Why not use up-to-date reagents like pyBOP

Post 353379

(Rhodium: "New LSD analogs from the Nichols Lab", Tryptamine Chemistry)
?

Veerle

Yup, pyBOP looks very nice.
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2002, 03:44:00 AM »
Yup, pyBOP looks very nice.  And it looks like not suspicious if you order it in combination with a couple amino acids  :) .

No1CockSucker

Patent this.
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2002, 12:52:00 PM »