Author Topic: From the cats to the amphs?  (Read 2957 times)

jsorex

From the cats to the amphs?
« on: August 03, 2001, 05:19:00 AM »
excuse my ignorant question but uhh, it's possible to go from methcat to crank right? SO theoretically it sounds like you could make the same journey to MDMA from MD-methcathinone?

-jsx

elfchemist

Re: From the cats to the amphs?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2001, 01:53:00 AM »
How do you propose of getting to MD-cathinone in the first place?
-eLF

goiterjoe

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2001, 10:36:00 PM »
how do you plan on going from cat to amphetamine?  through an ephedrine intermediate?

Drunk driving, that's what I like to do,
I like drunk driving with you.

catharsis

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2001, 02:33:00 PM »
i see the ingenious elffeminist is still bitching at people..heh. glad to be back. YOUR DAMN RIGHT I SAID REDUCTION AND YEH I KNOW IT WAS AND OXIDATION.

anyway. i think this individual was asking a QUESTION if i could be done. i never saw any hint that they thought they knew how.. why do you think those(that) question mark(s) are there?

and to answer... no

postive energry activates constant elivation. -gd

goiterjoe

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2001, 10:13:00 PM »
what's the point of asking a question when the answer doesn't matter to you one way or the other, since you have know way of performing what you are asking?

altair

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2001, 12:17:00 AM »
Collecting info, for future possible use, called studying where i`m from, should be applauded  :(

catharsis

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2001, 08:40:00 AM »
pretty amazing how simple answers from someone who doesnt know the answer to a question, can make a question like the one above look just as dumb(if not more) as the actual question reguarding chemistry

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/cathinine.txt

has the answer to you query, if not it has a starting point. i dont, however think it's worth any time. it is like above said... a note for the furture.

in reference to your question, it speaks of bromonation of propiophenone to get several cathinone ring substituted compounds.. save your CuBr2

goiterjoe

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2001, 09:58:00 AM »
On a forum it's called wasted board space if there is nothing to gain from the information.  A simple read through of the Rhodium site would have answered this question.  A simple UTFSE reply also would have answered this question sufficiently, as I have seen it posted at the hive before. 

altair

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2001, 10:27:00 AM »
Duly noted by all parts , i should imagine, otta be room for loose interaction anyway........... :)

foxy2

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2001, 01:11:00 PM »
altaire
Don't let the know it alls stop you from dreaming about new and exciting possibilities.  However It would bee a good thing to start studying up on the organic chemistry.  Go to some of the links in the sticky posts in the Methods/Newbee forums and read read read

It will do a bee some good
Later

Do Your Part To Win The War

Stanley

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2001, 04:12:00 PM »
Why not try a Wolff-kishner-reduction, using hydrazine? It oughta get that ketone out of there, replacing it with a hydrogen atom. The one possible problem would be if the meth-CAT will react with another mol of meth-CAT (reductive amination)...

Perhaps one can protect the nitrogen atom using Ac2O, for instance, though the yield probably sinks dramatically.

-Stanley

catharsis

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2001, 05:35:00 PM »
see.. heh dont flame unless it deserves it. i've a few to add to a perm-burn list..though i lack my old skills with fire.. good luck with your cathinone analouges. fucking m-cat is worth nothing.

postive energry activates constant elivation. -gd

ztion

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2001, 08:29:00 AM »
From what I've heard on this board the cathinone molecule is really sensitive to basic enviroments. And if i'm not completly mistaken with the wolff-kishner reduction you have to use KOH. There have also been some post from someone who tried the clemmensen reduction, but apparently he couldn't get the methcathinone out from the Zn layer or something after the reaction was complete.
But what i would like to see is someone trying a CTH on methcathinone. There's a document at rhodium's that describes the general reaction. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

foxy2

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2001, 02:37:00 PM »
Over basify Mcat and you get loads of shitty polymer that will not A/B.  Bee very careful with the base, if i ever tried to A/B that I would try bicarbonate before NaOH.  And I definately would recommend A/B'ing it several times, that is unless you like eating chrome salts(yuk).  Mcat is definatly NOT worth eating chrome for!

Do Your Part To Win The War

ChemGrrl

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2002, 11:07:00 PM »
So I was sitting around and my husband came up from the organic books lying around and started muttering about Wolff-Kishner and methcathinone.  A little searching turned up this thread and another referring to the Clemmenson reduction of the ketone, but no real information surfaces.

Does anyone have any more recent thoughts on either of these methods of getting to methamphetamine?

ChemGrrl

"All I wanted was a Pepsi..."

Flinger

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2002, 09:25:00 PM »
well it might be somewhat selective but i think you dont compoleatly understand the process, see you can make pharmecuticial meth-cat from stuff like dexedrine but one must consider what is the backbone for such a reaction especially the methylation of amphetamine to meth insitu thru such methylation as is very possible

Thus one gets a homegenous mixture of cat-meth-amphetamine

I guesse thats about it, it is wonderfull the first time um I smoke, polysubstance abuse can be fun:)
yield is about 50% but no contaminants are noteworthy
in other words your methylation procedure usses good stuff to make good stuff even better with practice of course you dont wright up a complex not well understood process to be deciphered do ya?  I would.