Author Topic: Hash oil  (Read 13223 times)

sasser

Hash oil
« on: June 01, 2002, 10:54:00 PM »
Cannibis Extraction Vessel

The CEV is A pop bottle with the valve body of A used butane can with the pop
bottle cap holding it all together.Cannibis is placed into the pop bottle.The valve
body cap is hand tightend.1" vinyl tubbing used to  adapts the butane canister to the
CEV just as filling a lighter the butane is pushed into the CEV.Workup is completed
the usaual way by evaporating the butane away to leave the oil.

materials list
   1 clean dry 16oz pop bottle PETE plastic           
   1 pop bottle cap w/ removable gaskit and good solid threads
   1 empty 8oz metal butane can w/ universal nozzle(graduated)                  
   1 inch 1\16 ID vynal tubbing

tools
   1 5 inch wire cutters     1 rotary tool (dremel)          1 cut off wheel
   1 3/8 drill               1 3/8 high speed drill bit

step 1 remove the remanning butane gas
Snip the bottom of the empty butane can with the wire cutters to remove butane

step 2 extracting the valve body
Butane can's have 5 parts cantainer,bead,seal,valve body and nozzle.the seal is
mechanicly compressed over the bead the valve is in the center of the valve body and
has a nozzle at the top.The nozzle has A tip and base.To remove the valve body snip
the (bead) 4 times with wire cutters.Now that the bead is cut gentley grasp the valve
body with the wire cutters and pull away from the can. the whole valve body pops out
easaly with a pong sound.

step 3 using the rotary tool and cut off wheel to remove excess metal.
at the bottom of the valve body notice the TWo circle's bent into the metal of the
valve body located perpendicular to the direction of the nozzle.Using A rotary tool
cut between the circle's 

step 4 milling the rough metal until smooth.
holding the nozzle tip at the index finger and the valve's base with the thumb
use the rotory tool at an angle as such that the valve body spins in your fingers
with the spin of the rotary tool.The whole thing spins and mills down to a buatiful
soba bottle sized circle keep going untill all unwanted metal is removed.

step 5 3/8 hole in the center of the bottle cap
the bottle cap should have gaskit witch must have A 3/8 hole to dont remove.A good
sharp drill bit is essential in dilling a clean hole in the plastic.scrap pice ofwood
underneath and drill it.then remove the gaskit

step 6 assemble the CEV
The valve body snaps into the hole made in the pop bottle cap.The the gaskit is placed
on the bottom of the valve body.With construction completed the CEV cap can be hand
tightened onto the clean dry soda bottle and pressurized up to 120 PSI withstand butane
and will last for years plus.

the size of valve body and soda bottles in universal the nozzles are not.Adapting with
small diamiter vinyl tubing will give A leak free connection wizard.leaks are detected
by the hissing sound of gas escaping and the fact that butane is flamible if no hiss is
heard then A lighter flame will find smaller leaks.dont tighten the CEV with tools.as
you can see Im crazy so dont try this at home.fire test,max psi test,and rocket test.   
extracting oil with the CEV

materials list
  3 cans of butane 8 oz cans (no mercaptan)
  1 coffee filter
  1 rubber band
  1 250 ML borosilicate glass measuring cup
  1 ounce dry leaf
  1 gram dry flowers
  1 clean dry butter knife

step 1 preparing plant materal
dry leaf ground to dust in a blender and loaded into the CEV chill in bucket of ice
for about 15 minuits.Use leaf no flowers save your buds unless they suck.

step 2 charging CEV with butane
Place full room temp butane can on top of CEV and allow the butane to fill it to about 1
 inch above plant matiral.when the flow of butane slows remove the can and heat
with luke warm water CEV on ice temp pressure differential pushes the butane into the CEV.

step 3 extract leaf for x hours
extraction of oil with the CEV is more controlible then PVC method extraction time is
ajustible much less butane is need to process the same amount of plant materal.butane
seems to be a selective solvent for THC after witch other crap will disolve so the
first crop of oil will be te best.second crop will be good third crop depends what
you start with.keep cold as possible with THC its much more unstable when exthacted
small batches use the product right away dont store or stockpile 1OZ batches

step 4 decant off the butane oil mixture
with the CEV chilled on ice remove the valve boby cap slowly to equlize pressure then
cover the open soda bottle with the coffee filter the secure with a rubber band remove
excess coffee filter all quickly then quickly turn upside down doumping the butane
(this is about the right time for a smoke brake) into your clean dry borosilclate glass
measuring cup  alow the butane to push itself out of the cev into the measureing cup
when done turn CEV right side up tap the top multible times to make cannibis butane mash
to settle at the bottom of the CEV break the filter paper to pust any plant materal that
 may have ploged the bottles neck clean CEV top of debres recap refill with
butane repate step 3.

step 5 evaporate butane oil mix
body heat helps drive away the last traces of butane luke warm water can also be used

step 6 reabsorbe onto flowers
dump the gram of flower into the cup use clean butter knife to mix the oil flowers together.
store oil in cold place untill used. smoke in clean pipe and enjoy

SPISSHAK

Allow me to add some improvements to this, please.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2002, 07:15:00 AM »
Go to office depot and there is a cleaner there that is pure hexane whis just like butane, but less volatile and easier to handle.
If thier is further interest on intimacies on THC manipulation (isomerization, regioselective) , purification, packaging, and analog synthesis therof.
I will be happy to expound in nuch greater detail, upon request.
but I won't wast bandwidth/time if it's not nessecary.
Thank you all and have a good day! :)

foxy2

hmmm
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2002, 08:01:00 PM »
swif found hexane extract to not bee nearly as selective as butane?

Or perhaps the "low vac" distillation of the hexane caused changes?

Butane = honey oil
Hexane = slightly greenish thick paste(no real bioassay done), why bioassay if ya got tastey greenb bud?

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

halfapint

Supercritical
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2002, 05:36:00 PM »
Yeah, SS, the point of a supercritical extraction is that the solvent is a gas at STP: butane, propane, CO2, freon, etc. Hexane is suitable for a plain percolation extraction, but without special qualities beyond other extractions with liquids. Supercritical fluids are under pressure, and do a much better job at extraction. Then you get the bonus that all the solvent goes away, leaving you with your pure extractive.

a half a pints a half a pound a half a world a half a round
Sidearm n. Flask neck tube.

synapseburn

Wondering...
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2002, 01:27:00 PM »
It seems there's still some volatiles present in the oil after the butane has boiled away.

I had some of that brown sludge in the bottom of a beaker, when I put it in hot bath the sludge started bubbling.

Does some of the butane stick in the goo for many minutes in temperatures well above it's boiling point, or is the bubbling more likely due to some hydrocarbon what-ever that gets extracted with the cannabinoids? When warming up the sludge, am I getting rid of residual solvent or am I destroying something, essential oils perhaps?

smutboy420

to get the last butain out of the oil
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2002, 06:25:00 PM »
this is one area i have experince with. when you get most of your butain boiled off. heat up the oil using a hair dryer or any thing else suitable to boil off the last bit of butain and to thin the oil out. then put in a few drops of pur isp alcohal this will get out the last bit of butain and clear up the color of the oil a bit. yummy yumy golden oil. my favrit. has any on here herd of my invetion i made a few years ago its called "thetube"? its basicly a big pyrex eye droper 30 inches long that is used to blast the leaf with butane.

SaintCyril

This method is too old school
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2002, 11:00:00 PM »
But I will tell you with a 5 foot PVC pipe, a tank of butane, a large glass beaker, and all the clippings from a moths harvest, you will have enough oil to last forever.  I should also note that when doing large quantities it is very adventageous to flood the tube with butane 3 times, and yes this works much better then flooding it fort way longer.  So I assume on a small scale that we could do a 3 times extraction and get better yeilds as well, however, whenever I have had the opportunity to do it smal scale, we only had enough butane for one run, but in the large scale ventures I have always had a large tank, and the ability to run it through multiple times.  Another tip is if you are doing multple runs, clean the beaker each time, becaus eother wise the newly boiling solvent will put air bubble into the oil producty and it will have a texture like whipped butter, which can then be removed if necessary with heating in an oil bath until is is a viscous liquid again, and then putting into a vial for starage. 

Need more tips on this method, pm.

NOW someone start working on how to do this same thing with ephedra, using CO2.

Cy

We are the people that your parents warned you about.

ClearLight

Ok, now...
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2002, 11:02:00 PM »

put 5ml's of h2so4 per 100 mls of oil and nuke 3x on level 2 in the microwave for 1minute on /3 off ... wash with baking soda to neutralize, then smoke and report back...

Next put 10 mls in a test tube, add an excess ( 2 mls ) of glacial acetic acid and nuke for 30 sec on, 2 min  off 3x neutralize w/ baking soda and then smoke.  Wait 30 minutes for the peak, then report back..

THAT will be useful..

Infinite Radiant Light - THKRA

hellman

Come on then,
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2002, 09:10:00 AM »
You bastard,
What does it do, This sounds really really interesting,
Hurry!!!!!! ;D

IQ is the rate of logic, as Wisdom increases logic, fear & compromise decrease to reveal objectivity

ClearLight

ok...
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2002, 11:31:00 AM »
Turns shit into gold...

step 1: takes all lower rotating isomers of THC and isomerizes them to high rotation forms (body stone columbian to head trip hawaiian) and it works on shake, and bottom leaf, no seeds...

step 2:  Acetylates the THC, which is what you do to morphine to turn it into heroin, acetylation facilitates brain barrier transport and turns it into a psychedelic stone, but you have to wait 30 minutes for it to get off...

Now you gotta do it an report back...

Lilienthal

ohmygod
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2002, 04:42:00 PM »
The third step can isomerize cannabidiol into THC, it has nothing to do with high rotation forms or "body stone columbian to head trip hawaiian"  ::) .

The second step does NOTHING, it's bogus, it's a myth! Even if it did something to THC it wouldn't enhance distribution into the brain because THC is already extremely lipophilic  ::) .

ClearLight

Cannabis alchemy
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2002, 07:19:00 PM »

Well, thanks lilenthal, I don't use the herb, but the methods come from the cannabis alchemy book, which does seem to speak with some authority on this.  Since I can't do thc, I put this out so someone might confirm it.

You are saying that that whole book was just bogus?

Is your statement based upon analysis or upon experience, having tried the method and gotten nothing. 

hellman

Lil, (my European friend) What does the first ...
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2002, 07:38:00 AM »
Lil, (my European friend)
Does the first step justify the proceedure, Is it worth it?

IQ is the rate of logic, as Wisdom increases logic, fear & compromise decrease to reveal objectivity

foxy2

THC-acetate is real tho isn't it?
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2002, 07:56:00 AM »
THC-acetate is real tho isn't it?
There are reports that sound real enough here.
I'm not sure

I think Lili was saying that procedure is bunk.
Maybe?

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

Rhodium

R. Mechoulam rates higher than D. Gold
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2002, 12:54:00 PM »
I have the 500-page book "Marijuana" by Raphael Mechoulam (the Shulgin of THC's) and in his book, THC acetate is clearly less potent than THC itself. The THC acetate myth comes from D. Gold's book "Marijuana Alchemy"...

According to Mechoulam, THC Acetate (or rather O-Acetyl-THC) has a potency of 0.5x that of THC and not 2x as stated in D. Gold's book.

Lilienthal

thccbdomg
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2002, 05:30:00 PM »
hellman: I depends on the quality of your starting material i.e. if there's much CBD in it in relation to THC - CBD is the plant's precursor to THC. Search and read about 'CBD to THC isomerization'.

ClearLight

Thx!
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2002, 07:20:00 PM »
Thanks rhodium, for setting the record straight on Gold's book...

foxy2

Ok I am still confused
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2002, 06:59:00 AM »
THC acetate is real.
Correct?

It is less potent, this I did know.
But potency isn't everything, shit the pot i have is almost to damn potent.

Variety is the spice of life. :)

Rhodium

THC Acetate
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2002, 11:20:00 AM »
Yes, it is real, and it will probably have effects differing from normal THC.

sasser

THC acetate has a very pronounced creeper high.
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2002, 04:45:00 AM »
THC acetate has a very pronounced creeper high.
duration seemed longer.I will need to get me that book
thanks guys.