Author Topic: High Quality Ephedra Seeds  (Read 10367 times)

Alchemy

High Quality Ephedra Seeds
« on: February 23, 2000, 09:37:00 AM »
Hi
Where to buy?
My E-mail adress alkemist_111@Euphorium.net
Sincerely
Alchemy

saxon

Re: High Quality Ephedra Seeds
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2000, 10:02:00 PM »
I'de like to know also,I have email a few supposed sources(Switzerland?) but have never had a reply back.Cherrybaby had some a while back and said that it would take 7 yrs to get a deceient return,but it will probably be hard as fuck to get eph in 7 yrs so grow now.Any help much appreciated
saxon@ziplip.com

essncee

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2000, 01:58:00 AM »
I would like to know this also. I'm building a new house in the spring (zone 9) and planning my garden.

Also, what other plants would you recommend?

I remember someone recommending hydroponics a while back. Would you still recommend hydro' for temperate climates?

Any help appreciated.

ess

essncee@hushmail.com

Alchemy

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2000, 01:58:00 PM »
After a nights surfing I found one source

http://www.richters.com

Sincerely
Alchemy

Cherrie Baby

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2000, 02:59:00 PM »
If I said 7 years I was guessing but - i'd guess longer.

You need to find some unused or waste ground and plant a load. Your home Garden might be too small. These plants grow in arid regions and can withstand a fair amount of drought - once they're established. Gardening in the waste ground could be easy. They want lots of sun. Plant them at least 2 feet apart. Fertiliser once or twice a years. Water them during drought.

Hydroponics seems a bit over the top to me - better to just plant 3 or 4 times as many seeds as you think you need. Tens to hundreds.

Get the right specis for your climate. Most eephedra specis grow in Californian/Mediterranean type climate.

Northern Europeans, etc, need a hardier species (Siberian) - but these plants will withstand frost and everything mother nature throws at them.

essncee

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2000, 07:01:00 PM »
Alchemy: Good find. Ive ordered their catalog.

Cherrie Baby: Seems like both available species(Ephedra nevadensis and Ephedra viridis) are desert lovers and will thrive where I will be living (California Central Coast).  Do you know which species is more potent?

Also I've read that the twigs and branches contain the most ephedrine. Can anyone confirm this? Are the seeds useful for anything except planting?

And lastly... 7 YEARS! until a harvest? I think I'd better buy some ma huang. Anybody know where I can get 100 lbs wholesale?

mucho gracias - ess

LloYd

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2000, 07:25:00 AM »
Was reading on line the other day a huge crop could be had after 4yrs. and with proper methos less than 36 months.
Google search seems to work better for me at finding things I cant on the rest.

Cherrie Baby

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2000, 06:14:00 PM »
I found some data on relative ephedrine & psuedoephedrine content which was a web document produced by some US agency about ephedrine precursors in Mexico. I pasted a summary in the Meth forum and put a link there to the original. [Now I'll search my notes for more info] I recomment that people plant ephedra in waste ground as a stategic move in the WoD. That's what it is from my point of view - I don't even do speed even though I quite like it!

Cherrie Baby

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2000, 06:35:00 PM »
Found my notes:

Table 2. Mean Levels of Ephedrine and Pseudoephedrine
(Percentage of Ephedrine-E, and Pseudoephedrine-PE)

Species - Geographic Area - E - PE

Ephedra major - Spain, Sicily, Afghanistan, Pakistan - 1.9% - trace
Ephedra sinica - Northern China to Outer Mongolia - 0.76% - 0.28%
Ephedra equesitina - Inner Mongolia - 1.25%  -0.58%
Ephedra intermedia - Pakistan to Mongolia - 1.15% - 0.084%
Ephedra gerardiana - Northwest Himalayas, northern India, western Pakistan, Tibet, and Szechwan and Yunnan provinces of China - 0.77% - 0.10%

I took this from a document called "Ephedra: A Potential Precursor for D-Methamphetamine Production" - May 1997 written by NDIC - (I think).

The original link to this is in the meth forum. Because I've made so few posts you should be able to find it there if you seach my posts in that forum.

I found that Ephedra sinica grows very slowly in temperate climates (London, UK) but that Ephedra equesitina does well.