The Hive > Chemistry Discourse

AlCl3 and Md compounds

(1/5) > >>

Vibrating_Lights:
I believe it has been said before that AlCl3 could not be used in conjunction with any of the MDx synths.  Is this because of the vulnerability of the Md Bridge.  Is it safe to employ AlCl3 into other ring substitution patterns.  Does it negativly affect Methoxy(2,5 dimethoxy) patterns.

Also Could a 4-clorination be done with NaCl And oxone or HCL and oxone in (Aq)enviroment or would it be better to do a biphasic with DCm or something.  DCM would also keep the rxn at a workable temp to reduce side rxns. When emploeying the Oxone halogenation would it be best to run the rxn with freebase added to a preprepared solution or with the hcl salt in conjuncton with HCL/Oxone adding the oxone as it is needed.
Vl_
So much game I could sell a hooker some pussy
Vl_

Vibrating_Lights:
::)
So much game I could sell a hooker some pussy
Vl_

Chromic:
Freebase or salt, doesn't matter. I'd follow some literature references if I were you.

carboxyl:
Yes, it is beecause of the MD bridge.

Anydrous AlCl3 is a relatively strong Lewis acid. It bonds with the lone pairs of electrons on the oxygens in the ethers. When this complex is hydrolyzed, the ether is cleaved. When you do this to safrole, you can definately expect a mess, since the methylenedioxy ring gets cleaved, and things can get even more out of hand from there.

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/safrole.eugenol.txt
The above post is purely fictional. Any resemblance to "real-life" is purely coincidental.

Osmium:
Methoxies will be affected by AlX3 too.
I'm not fat just horizontally disproportionate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version