Author Topic: carboxyl group  (Read 2551 times)

wannaknow

carboxyl group
« on: February 08, 2004, 02:36:00 AM »

methymouse

no
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 01:27:00 PM »
"how would someone reduce cooh to ch3 with out the use of lialh4, could the precursor be thermaly decarboxylated in benzaldehyde to yeild ppa and reduced into amph from there?"

Look at Rhodium's site under "phenylalanine related" in the amphetamines section.  There are a few relatively useless articles, not because Rhodium has difficulty finding good articles (precisely the oposite is true), but because this is a really fucking difficult way to make amphetamine.

Decarboxylation of phenylalanine would yield phenethylamine, not amphetamine or phenylpropanolamine.  Look at pictures of the molecules you're talking about, and try to learn the definitions of words you use before posting.

wannaknow

i knew that a two carbon chain would make it...
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 05:10:00 AM »
i knew that a two carbon chain would make it an ethylamine ,festers secrets of meth manufacture claims to yeild ppa via a thermal decarboxylation of alanine, ive already read the rhodiums phenylalanine section and realise its uninformative , i still wonder whether nabh3 will do the trick, i have a hunch its not that hard to go this way ,i wouldnt be handing a method useing readly available precursors to anybody either ,phenylalinol?along the same lines then?