Site > News

Sci-Hub Reopened

<< < (2/6) > >>

overunity33:

--- Quote from: Tsathoggua on May 10, 2018, 09:01:27 AM ---.TW seemed to be working as of a  few days ago at least.

As for popping in and out of existence,well the creatrix of the site more or less gave the court the middle finger, which is of course good, and as far as the domain takedowns,  she's pretty much forced Elsevier and their fellow  extortionist cock-ends into  an everlasting game of whac-a-mole. All in all, really quite entertaining to see just  how badly the publishing houses are being infuriated and  how they are all getting sand up their twats :D

--- End quote ---

Yeah I have such a crush on her, I think she was featured as a person of the year for scientific contribution.

Tsathoggua:
Quite deserved. It beggars belief to bee  quite honest, that efforts to shut her down are or ever were being made, its high time that those pricks at Elsevier, Wiley etc. accept that she has gotten them firmly by the balls. Time for them to shut their  traps  and settle down to the fact that they are going to spend the rest of existence as eunuchs,

The contribution to science and the dissemination of knowledge she has made possible far outweigh anything the big publishing houses are whining about, let them keep dribbling snot out of their noses and crying about it, not as if they are anything but a bloodsucking pack of  parasites anyway. And besides, they are sponging so MUCH money off their victims that they can afford to suck it up.

If it weren't for sci-hub, then all of us non-institutionally-affiliated  chemists, physicists and biologists would be priced  out of most research  data published, and we'd all be stuck having to ask those in uni etc, and hope they could retrieve papers. And when one considers how MANY references might be needed for a given project, and references gleaned from the references  originally requested in the source material section, that could take ages.  Being able to simply plug in the DOI and  retrieve the papers as open access, is of incalculable value to the hobbyist and clandestine community.

WAY more important than some greedy parasite sponging off a few more scientists. Fucking pricks are overly rich already. And  its far more important that those otherwise priced out of access to information have open access.

BoomBam:
Totally just she made the biggest place to find resources for scientist or amateur. a huge contribution to the dissemination of important information. All these greedy parasites, as you said, make money on the scientist and limit access to their work to people with enough money and when you see the exorbitant prices. Doing a project will be really expensive. And only professionals could afford it

Worse, if you just want to read an article out of curiosity or if you do not know if you really need it, you will have to pay a lot, but already if you could afford it

I just hope that SCI-HUB will continue for a long time, or that a better legal system will emerge, a system that takes into account the needs of users and authors before the financial needs of publishers

carl:
Help!
I can't access ANY sci-hub?!?
But I NEED my references, fresh and crispy...  :'(

loft:
Do you bees know of sci-hub.app ? This landing page refers you to the current working page... btw sci-hub.tw works for me right now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version