Author Topic: 5 position possibilities  (Read 4198 times)

iasion

5 position possibilities
« on: July 05, 2000, 12:43:00 PM »
Ok, why don't we ever hear about substitutions more exotic than a methoxy group at the 5 position. Knowing how Shulgin gets wet over the 4 position in PEAs, I was suprised that he didn't do more experimentation with variations on the analogous 5-position in tryptamines. He does mention that someone once synthesized 5EtO-DMT and comments briefly on its potential, but there are no reports of anybody actually tasting it. This compound would likely be even more potent than 5MeO, and knowing the world of difference in mental effects between 5MeO and n,n-DMT, 5EtO-DMT could be very interesting. Then again 5-MeS-DMT is reported as being less potent than 5MeO, so clearly a direct comparison with the PEAs is limited, but we all knew that anyway. It's still exciting and relatively unexplored stuff. Even in the appendix of known tryptamines, there are very few with 5 substitions that would seem obviously interesting. Where's 5,n,n-trimethyltryptamine? 5-EtO-DiPT?... Who's curious? Am I missing something obvious?

D=MT^2

Rhodium

Re: 5 position possibilities
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2000, 03:16:00 AM »
Because tryptamines are much harder to synthesize than phenethylamines, there are only a few of them that has been explored yet. This is the challenge we have - to explore the tryptamine world as much as Shulgin has explored the PEAs.

http://rhodium.lycaeum.org

jesus

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2000, 12:27:00 PM »
5NN-TMT is in the aldrich cataloge.
/jesus

Rhodium

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2000, 02:00:00 PM »

Skink

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2000, 08:39:00 PM »
I always thought that the mono-n-substituted tryptamines held alot of promise, but alas they have not surfaced in the grey market.  I recall reading that in Tihkal that Shulgin mentions that monosubstitutions are very difficult to achieve with most of these compounds in good yields, and separating them from disubstituted product is also not trivial.  The 4,5MDO compuonds sound like they would be interesting, and indeed the lack of subjective information in Tihkal indicates that they are a promising area of exploration.

jesus

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2000, 08:34:00 AM »
Product Number: S408093 
Product Name  : 5,N,N-TRIMETHYL TRYPTAMINE
CAS           : 22120-39-4

/jesus