Author Topic: Foxy Methoxy Questions  (Read 3304 times)

Transform521

Foxy Methoxy Questions
« on: July 08, 2000, 01:23:00 AM »
From an economic standpoint, it is not feasible for me to aquire a scale capable of weighing milligrams. Therefore  must use more basic means of measurement:

I know that if I dissolve 1g of foxy in 250mL of water I would have 4mg foxy per mL of water.

1. Do I need to use distilled water? Will this make my measurements more accurate?
2. I would like to facilitate transportation of my foxy by dropping it on to some sort of media (blotter paper, sugar cubes, ect). Have you tried this? Do you think it would be effective?
3. I already have the glassware. Where can I find a simple (cheap) pipet for measuring out 1-10 mL?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Rhodium

Re: Foxy Methoxy Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2000, 03:00:00 AM »
You don't need to use distilled water, but it would be reccommended. Distilled/deionized water contains less stuff that will react with yuor foxy than tap water.
Blotter paper cannot hold so much substance that is required for one dose of Foxy. You better measure out a volume of your stock solution.
Pipets should be available at your local pharmacy for use as eye-droppers and similar things.

http://rhodium.lycaeum.org

Transform521

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2000, 07:29:00 PM »
Where can I find a rubber teat for lab-grade pipets?

Mr_Smith

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2000, 03:31:00 AM »
You could just use your mouth you know.  That's what they used to do. They were very careful.  8)

Lilienthal

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2000, 05:33:00 AM »
Tryptamine bases are not soluble in water. Only their salts are (e.g. hydrochlorides).
But one can either use alcohol or acidic water (citric acid, acetic acid) to dissolve the base form.

Transform521

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2000, 09:41:00 AM »
Yep, luckily I have foxy in salt form (5-methoxy-N,N-diisopropyltryptamine hcl), so water should do the trick.

Osmium

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2000, 05:03:00 AM »
If I were you I'd try to find a used or new variable volume pipette in the 50-100-250µl range. They are very accurate. They might cost you 200$ new, but consider it a lifetime investment.
  Otherwise 1ml syringes are quite good for measuring amounts in that range.

Here's what I'm talking about:

http://www.labsystems.fi/finnpipe/manuals/lhguide/yours.htm

http://www.brinkmann.com/pipe_2000series.html

foxy2

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2000, 01:29:00 PM »
Why not just get an eye dropper and a tiny graduated cylinder.  Use the graduated cylinder to determine how full the eye dropper must be for 1 ml.  Then you have a cheap portable dispenser.  I prefer weighing and puting in gel caps but you need a really good balance for that.

"trip not equal to tryptamine, tryptamine equals trip"