Author Topic: CDI Method for LSD - Epimerization Required?  (Read 4078 times)

Bubbleplate

CDI Method for LSD - Epimerization Required?
« on: September 04, 2004, 01:43:00 PM »
My question is: When using the CDI method (i.e. N,N, Carbonyl diimidazole) for LSD, what is the % of Iso amide formed?
One associate claims that ALL the amide formed is in the Iso form.
I cannot find an English translation of either the scientific paper or the Patent for the CDI Method.
If anyone can help out, greatly appreciated.

Papers: (Cerny and Semonsky, Collection Czechoslov. Chem. Commun. CCCC 27,1585 thru 1590? - 1962 or CA 75, 77110 - 1971 )
Patent - Austrian 216679
(Don't flame me about Patent Markup, as I cannot locate that old patent on any electronic system; )

armageddon

here it is
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 07:06:00 AM »

Post 412547

(pHarmacist: "Synthesis of LSD from Lysergic Acid", Tryptamine Chemistry)

I think the percentage of iso-lsd is rather small - they claim having gotten a molar 75% yield of d-lysergic acid diethylamide...

And why would you need an english translation for that one? It already is and won't become more english upon translation... ;)

Patent US2003013131

(Example one in the experimental part on page 12 - unfortunately, you will have to click through all preceeding pages to get there, since it seems to be forbidden to link to certain single pages at espacenet directly...)
~

Bubbleplate

Thanks Armageddon
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 09:13:00 AM »
but although I have previously read both the refered to Post, as well as Patent US2003013131, I am looking for the Original article (and Patent). Reason?
Many times Vital information is left out of a patent, especially ones that "borrow" from the original discovery; for example, in Patent US2003013131 the author "just happens" to leave out the fact that one has to add both the carbonyl diimidazole and the diethylamine in anhydrous DMF. The assumption being that one is already familiar with the original work of Cerny and Semonsky. Also, there is other information regarding isolation, epimerization, and purifcation of end product that I'd like to see.

So if anyone can get the Chemical Abstracts paper,  CA 75, 77110 - 1971 I'd greatly appreciate it.

armageddon

maybe this helps too
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 08:07:00 AM »
Have you asked for the original paper in the "wanted references" thread already?

If not, meanwhile this could help, too:

Post 482624

(Sleen: "LSD  - CDI Method?", Tryptamine Chemistry)

Ref: Svensk Farmaceutisk Tidskrift Vol. 75, pp. 933-40 (1971)

a