Author Topic: ECH Meth Reduction  (Read 2458 times)

Master_Alchemist

ECH Meth Reduction
« on: February 07, 2004, 12:15:00 AM »
Im sure everyone is familiar with this reaction by now and unfortunately, it has been discarded due to yield and purity problems. This does concern me however, swim is determined to try this reaction at least once, so I have closure on the matter. During the course of the next 8 weeks, swim, will be conducting a series of 'Electro-Catalytic Hydrogenation' (Electrolysis) reactions under different cimcumstances and with a number of variables. The relevant data will then be collected, prepared and posted @ the hive.
Swim, hopes to trial PPA, Ephedrine HCl, Pseudoephedrine HCl, and ChloroEphedrine Hcl so swim can get a broad understanding of which compound obtains the highest yield & purity.
For scientifc reasons, swim will also perform quality control tests on all of his product.Just 4 you guys! :P
Swim has decided to use Pd as cathode and Pb as anode.
Swim would like to experiement with different electrodes but that is subject to availability and mood.
Variations will include, TOTAL current passed, current p/cm2 of Pd face, acidity of reaction solution and swim also hopes to try H2S04 & ClHO4 in the solution mixture. Seperately, of course! Swim will format the findings into a prac report so it is nice and easy to understand. Before Swim ventures off into the dark chasm swim calls his garage, does anyone have any comments that may have already been discussed here previously..before swim started to participate in the hive.
Swim still only has 85% of materials/chems so now would be a good time to perfect theory, and maybe hear feedback from bees that have tried this method firsthand!  :)
Thankyou for your valuable time!

jemma_jamerson

sorted
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 05:42:00 PM »
have the vid by uncle fester any more bees that wish it, i will be uploading it to an address in 2 weeks for easy down load thanks to blue_meamie

those that know me may humblly ask me to send them a cd version by mail.

female beez dont have to know me just snd me your underpants and its yours

who is your daddy

luv
JJ

Master_Alchemist

l-ephedrine reduction
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 07:54:00 PM »
Can anyone elaborate on the quality of l-ephedrine after it has been derived from l-pac?
Providing the l-pac-->l-ephedrine biosynth was done properly, would the E HCl convert to d-meth more thoroughly than say, E HCl from pills?
Im also assuming from what I have heard, is that ChloroE works best, then E, then PE...Right?
Has anybody tested reducing  L-pac->L-ephedrine using the electro reduction? If so, were yields higher than OTC E HCl?

Rhodium

ephedrine is ephedrine is ephedrine...
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 07:58:00 PM »
L-ephedrine is always L-ephedrine, regardless of source. Identical molecules are per definition identical.

Master_Alchemist

I understand that part.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »
I am aware of that fact, what i am referring to is the fact that for the electro reduction to work properly, the E/PE has to be very clean and free of contaminants.
I have never observed E HCl otc pills, but i am assuming there must be inactives\fillers present. correct me if im wrong!
Obviously with Pfed, especially in Oz there is an array of inactives, but I am confident i can dispose of most of them.
But i cant be 100% positive that ALL will be completely removed..therefore hindering reduction.
Trying to figure out if l-ephedrine from l-pac is free from contaminants and is 100% pure?! Of course i am aware the purity will depend on the quality of l-pac precursors and so forth, but is there any text/data regarding different yields obtained from different starting compunds?

Rhodium

lab skills
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »
Trying to figure out if l-ephedrine from l-pac is free from contaminants and is 100% pure?

It depends on your lab skills, just as when purifying L-ephedrine from pills.