Author Topic: tryptophan->dimethyltryptamine -DrTom  (Read 1493 times)

dormouse

tryptophan->dimethyltryptamine -DrTom
« on: April 21, 2000, 02:22:00 AM »
Author  Topic:   tryptophan->dimethyltryptamine 
DrTom
unregistered   posted 07-03-98 03:17 AM           
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I saw a paper on converting l-tryptophan to DMT via simple peroxide reflux?
Also was working recently with an interesting indole psychedlic5-methoxytryptamine aka Mexamine vasodilation and like other HT agonists but not as radically visual as N-N 5 Meo DMT.

I realize I am a bit ahead of the pack devling into these tricky tryptamines but hey the final frontier is these short lived phenomenally powerfull compounds. Oh yeah they smell but thats why IV is the only way to travel

Q 1. Anyone there with a clarified synth that is beyond the yea I think stage?
l-tryp->DMT
Q 2. Are there any cool syns that use the cheap and otc DLPA or tyrosine -> Amphetamine

Rhodium
Administrator   posted 07-04-98 02:57 PM          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a l-Trp => Tryptamine decarboxylation FAQ in the making, where I collect all the methods known to me to perform the reaction. The best method refluxes l-Trp with 0.1% methyl ethyl ketone in tetralin for a few hours. Very high yield.
You'll never be able to make amphetamine out of tyrosine. DLPA *can* be reduced to amph, but the method isn't worthwhile.

lamontg
unregistered   posted 07-04-98 11:28 PM           
l-trp -> tryptamine can be done via reflux
in diphenyl ether or diphenyl methane. it
can also be done using xylene and MEK out
of the hardware store. you should be able
to N-ethylate it with NaBH4 and AcH,
unfortunately NaBH4 + formaldehyde does not
give the N-methyl compound but a glorious
mess including the 2-H and 2-methyl-
beta-carbolines by forming a third ring.

tripper john
unregistered   posted 07-10-98 12:01 PM           
Hey Rhodium,how about including some info about extracting tryptophan from natural sources in your upcoming FAQ?

KrZ
Member   posted 07-10-98 01:41 PM          
I saw a paper on converting l-tryptophan to DMT via simple peroxide reflux?
Why does this staement have a ? at the end?
Where is this paper?! Or does the question mark mean you just *think* you saw this paper? Right now it's so easy to just buy pure L-tryptophan that this sounds very nice, no matter if it takes a little more than just simple peroxide reflux to really get to DMT (Which BTW sells for well over $300/gm ANYTIME it's around)

Spamurai
unregistered   posted 07-13-98 07:53 AM           
l-tryp from natural sources...
isolate it from casein. Merck has the ref. 

vampire

Re: tryptophan->dimethyltryptamine -DrTom
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2000, 04:49:00 AM »
Tell me more ont he tryptophan thing.
It is so cheap and plentiful too.
KRZ..tryptophan is around 25-35 per lb..jsut look around- otc.

s. dude...can you give me the refs for the "simple" conversion process. All I need is vol, page and date and journal name...yeah, its a lot but I need something to work with!
thanks

Student

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2002, 03:34:00 PM »
I've looked around, online anyway, and the cheapest l-Trp I could find was $141/500 g at a custom animal diet formulation company. Where did you find it so cheap?

slappy

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2002, 09:25:00 PM »
Dumbass,

Please take notice that this post is almost 2 years old.

foxy2

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2002, 01:16:00 AM »
Slappy
The price of Tryptophan shouldn't go up that much in two years.  It would bee nice to have such a CHEAP supplier.

I hate my government, does this mean I'm a terrorist??