Author Topic: vacuum pump question  (Read 2049 times)

ekolo

vacuum pump question
« on: March 25, 2004, 10:12:00 AM »
i found this air vacuum pump on internet it sayes.

Maintenance Free, No Moving Parts!
Venturi-type vacuum pump removes moisture from air conditioning systems so you safely add refrigerant. Easy to operate, just connect an air line and it pulls full vacuum within 2 minutes. Ideal for automotive air conditioners, home air conditioners, refrigerators, freezers, and more!
Vacuum level: 28.3" of mercury at sea level
Air consumption: 4.2 CFM
Air inlet: 1/4'' NPT

Specifications
Air pressure: 75 PSI Minimum,180 PSI Maximum
Air Consumption: 4.2 CFM/90PSI
Vacuum Capacity: 28.3" of Mercury at sea level/90PSI
Air Fittings: 1/4"NPT

i would like to know would this pump bee strong enough to distil ketone.

Sasquatch

NO
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 11:50:00 AM »
It is not strong enough.

thunderfvck

Many decent vacuum pumps can be found on ebay...
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »
Many decent vacuum pumps can be found on ebay for relatively cheap. For instance, I had just pourchased a pump (vacuum is 18" Hg) but it did not have a plug or the adapter to connect the tube to. Well I got a bit creative and added my own plug to the wires, got myself an adapter at Canadian Tire along with some tubing and I was set. All for the price of $77 US. Not bad at all.

ekolo

ok thanks for the help bees.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »
ok thanks for the help bees.

btw. wil a water aspirator distil ketone like this one i found

This inexpensive pump is designed to attach to a tap water line with closed system line pressure of 35 psi. The pump will create a vacuum of 30" Hg at flow rate of 1 gpm water. Unit is provided with #2 hose connectors which take 1/4" rubber vacuum tubing  and check valve to protect vacuum system if line pressure suddenly drops thus interrupting flow. 

this will distil ketone yes.

homeslice

look at ritchie yellow jackets
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 02:28:00 PM »
look at ritchie yellow jackets

wyndowlicker

For christ sakes people!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 08:52:00 AM »
HEy now,

Youve gotta bee kidding.UTFSE.There is more than 50 posts on this subject by myself alone.There needs to be a sticky thread attached to pumps and vacuum.Maybee Ill just do that.But I currently have 3 pumps.! klm teflon heads,ritchie yellowjacket,edwards E2M2.I have found that my yellowjacket will not evacuate my rotavapor.It doesnt offer enough CFM.But its rated at 29"hg I forget its micron rating.However its the best thing since sliced bacon to do simple distilations and what not as long as you keep your lines short.My klm is rated at 29" but cant pull a vacuum strong enough to distill alcohols.Your best bet is a klm teflon head oiless,if you can afford one.No oil is so much nicer.Not to mention safer.But if your looking for an economical pump go with richie yellowjacket.Its a hive favorite and endorsed by the clandestine chemistry league. :P